A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,801
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fixing up some negatives ..  (Read 1101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: January 26, 2011 03:16:44 PM »

First off, let me say this: I MISSED YOU GUYS!! I am so glad to be back to swapping here with y'all!

So, I caught the stupid swine flu at the end of '09 and piled on top of other medical issues, I became very sick. I wasn't able to complete two swaps I was in at the time. Of course, I received well deserved negatives for those two swaps. I have come back to craftster this month and reversed my two negatives by participating in the FOC wishlist swap. I have also sent an angel package out for someone too. But here's my problem, I still feel that twinge of crappiness for not having sent the original packages. Now, I know that was an option for me to go ahead and send those original packages to reverse my feedback, but honestly, I was quite embarrassed about having to say "hey there, I flaked on you, but now I wanna come back and swap some more" over a year later. Well, now I am wondering this: Would it be good to go ahead and make it up to those craftsters that I never sent to? It would be for nothing more than me making it up to them at this point, but that is the right thing to do, right?!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011 03:18:00 PM by bsonlytoots » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pioneer9
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011 03:58:10 PM »

I would say go for it. I was flaked on once, and while I received a stupendous angel package, I still kinda wonder about the person who flaked. If she ever came back and said hey, sorry, such-and-such happened and I'm sending your package now, I would think that was awesome, and welcome it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011 07:53:33 PM »

If it would make you feel better then go ahead, but I don't feel obliged to, you have 'paid you dues'!. Might pay to check that they still have the same address. I'm sure everyone would understand that you were sick but who doesn't enjoy a gift!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011 08:56:37 PM »

Welcome back!

Technically, you have fulfilled your redemption obligations. However, if I were in your shoes, I too would still feel kinda crappy. Especially if I ended up in a swap with someone I'd flaked on. It's true, they do get an angel package, but that doesn't really help with how YOU feel, does it? My suggestion would be, if they are still around, to send a card and a small handmade something or other that you know they will love. Craftsters are totally cool, loving, forgiving people. If you did that, it would just send all around warm fuzzies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lylacfey
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011 05:11:36 AM »

I think that is so sweet you want to do that. I got the swine flu too and almost died from it. I know how sick you were. Trust me. You have a very good reason. I don't think I was on Craftster when I got so sick or I just joined. I barely could move, let alone craft. It has taken me till this year to get better. I guess what I am saying it's ok and you can give yourself a break. We would all rather have you around. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011 05:52:37 AM »

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I know I've 'paid my dues' but I still totally feel crappy. I've been flaked on a couple times and am sure if I was in a swap with those craftsters again I would have ill feelings towards them for sure, I don't want to be in a swap with those that I faked on and have them feel that way. SO, with that being said, I did contact them and one has replied so far and I'm fufilling my swap with her! Good swap karma, nothings better than that! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011 07:39:39 PM »

I think that would be a good thing to do - and would take away that guilty conscience.  Goodness knows, it would be good karma.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
EkkaGrrl
I'm normal.. the rest of you are crazy!

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011 08:51:58 AM »

I think that's a really great idea! Smiley You'll feel better, your previous partner will feel good and swap karma will be reset. Wink I think it's awesome that you are still thinking about them even though you've "paid your dues".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
http://wists.com/EkkaGrrl
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Be a Theatre Director
How to Direct a Play
How to Select a Play to Direct
How to Recognize a Good Scene in Theater Directing
How to Audition Using Sides
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...