A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,115
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MY FASHION SHOW ( WAY PICTURE HEAVY) Now With Tutorial  (Read 52491 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ffungal

I'm a llama and a moose

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2005 06:36:42 PM »

Hey, I have been a member here for a long time now... I never really post to much of my work because I don't have a digital camera. But for my senior year of highschool I was told I had to do one final huge project and I could pick anything I wanted. So i was like DUH!! fashion. I just wanted to share with you guys my fashion designs. The theme was morning after prom, becasue I wanted to do something dressy and fun but not have to make 10 prom dresses.

Overall everything came out great and a lot of things worked out. My best friends final project actually ended up being makeup so she did all the makeup for my show. THE MAKEUP WAS AMAZING. Also my boyfriends college friend just graduated with a major in photography and he did me a huge favor and we actually got to do a photshoot. Sam's photos are stunning and these scanned copies don't do his art justice. But all the same I am going to stop talking and let the pictures talk.

[b]***EDIT I WISH I KNEW HOW TO FIX PHOTOBUCKET BUT HERES A LINK TO MY ALBUM***
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/beckykatz1234/album?.dir=/a944[/b]

This photo I took myself on a regular camera... some different people wearing other peoples outfits lol.

Another photo I took myself infront of the real camera... arnt you excited for the professional photos!

Another photo I took. Thats Sam the amazing photography man!

How amazing is Sam. Sorry for the lack of clothing in some of these pictures. WE took a lot of headshots for Alexandras( the makeup artisits) senior project.

This is a reconstructed slip and jeans a total of 7 bucks all from the thrift store! ( o and thats a tie shes wearing around her neck.. 50 cents at the thirft store)

All my models were stunning and great!

I love pencil skirts... I was inspired alot by my fellow craftsters!

Makeup shot

Beautiful...

I dont love the boys pants.. the crouch ended up to low.. but I wanted to share my first experience with mens clothing. Any suggestions how to make them better?

All the lovely ladies together

Thats all folks!! I hoped you enjoyed the photos. The runway show was last week and it went off without a hitch. Everyone looked beautiful. If I get more pictures I'll add later.. Sorry for the extremely long post. Thank you for looking

Comment and Criticition and Questions would be much appericated

Yellow Satin and White Eyelet Dress Tutorial!

As I promised a tutorial.

Step 1: Cut the Pieces
   Cut two (one in each fabric) long rectangles. It should be long enough to go all the way around you ( I measured over the largest part of my bust= 34inches) plus seam allowance and It should be wide enough to cover your boobs( 7 inches for me). (For the tutorial I am going to use my measurements)
         Ex. I cut two  34 inch by 7 inch rectangles plus seam allowance
    Cut two (one of each fabric) big rectangles. The length should be the length of  under bust(30 inches) and long enough for your body(12 inches)
      Ex. I cut two 30 inches by 12 inch rectangles plus seam allowance.

Step 2: Sewing the top together
   Take the two long rectangles (the first pieces you cut), pin and sew, with the right sides facing in, the top hem and two sides together.
Flip right side out and iron so you have a nice flat straight hem on the top and sides.

Step 3: Darts
   Now I made my zipper on my left side. So now u have to figure out where you need the darts. I measured from under my arm to the largest part of my first breast (6 inches) and then two my second (12 inches).

I marked 6 inches and 12inches on the inside of the fabric. Then I measured an inch from both sides of the dots and marked that. Thats the widest part of my dart. I folded the fabric at the dot and sewed a triangle starting at that one inch mark.

Sorry for the not so concrete dart tutorial, on craftsters there are great dart tutorials, I like to just go with the flow.

Step 4: Big rectangles!
   Take the two big rectangles and pin the right sides together and sew around the top and 2 sides (just like the top piece). Turn right side out and iron. (IRONING is very important it makes the garment look and lay better)

Step 5: Completely the topkinda
   Pin the top and bottom of the shirt together and sew!

Step 6: Zipper
   Sew a zipper ( the longer the better easier to deal with!)  into the side you dont even need to fold anything over because you already have finished edges.

Now the Skirt Part!
Step 7: Cutting the Pieces
      Now, measure from under your arm to the opposite side of your waist. (20 inches for me)  Now you want two circle skirts ( one in each of the fabrics) with a 40 inch circumference. I am not going to explain how to make a circle skirt but heres a great tutorial. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12439.0

Also make a sash(the waist band I made it in yellow satin) . I made it 50 inches by 5 inches plus seam allowance.

Step 8:
   Fold the sash in half the long way with the rights sides facing in. Sew the two sides closed and turn right side out. IRON! Iron the sash till its flat.

Step 9: The Skirt
      Sew the sash onto the two circle skirts making a waist band and a finished skirt. Make sure you evenly distribute the sashs extra length. So that the sash is even.

Step 10: The Whole Shebang
   Pin and sew the skirt right under the bust line of the shirt on the opposite side of the zipper.  Sew about an inch back and forth a few times, just to make it secure. Make sure you like where the extra sash part falls.
   I also added that little ribbon detail of halter straps. To do that just cut to long ribbons of equal length figure out where u want them to be and sew them on.

Hope thats ok any questions just ask!

http://nyfineart.com/ check out Sam Velasquez's photos... they are stunning.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005 11:19:07 AM by ffungal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Pooh," said Rabbit kindly, "you haven't any brain."
"I know," said Pooh humbly.

Blog-o-rama:: http://stitchesinthyme.blogspot.com
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005 06:41:32 PM »

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I LOVE the top in pic 5 and those crazy plaid shorts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
ynneg
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005 06:57:46 PM »

I love the reconstructed slip too and the yellow dress is simply beautiful, I really love it. The pictures and makeup are amazing as well, I checked out the rest of the pictures on the site you linked. Wow to everything, what a great 'collaboration'. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dawn
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005 07:06:46 PM »

I love it! The combinations are so unexpected and it all looks fantastic.  I especially like the slip over jeans. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

la vie c'est patant
owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005 07:11:31 PM »

oh wow. i love it all. absolutely gorgeous.

I'm completely in love with the yellow dress that is being worn in the last picture, the girl wearing it is kinda kneeling down in front of everyone else. do you have any close-ups on that particular dress? it's gorgeous Smiley Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ffungal

I'm a llama and a moose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005 07:18:50 PM »

thank you all for looking and liking!

owalkerjillo: This is another picture I have of the dress. I hope this gives youa better look its white eyelet with little yellow flowers over yellow satin.

I have tons of pictures.. I just posted my favorites.. So if anyone wants to see other pictures feel free to ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ph33lth3lov3

*when in doubt go duct*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005 07:31:40 PM »

wow! looks great! all the outfits fit so well together. My favorite photo is the one against the wall. Her makeup reminds me of feathers (a good thing! ^_^).
You put so much work into it, you should submit it to a magazine. I know ellegirl posts youth work, especially if it is as stunning as yours. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

let me see your gila
http://www.gilabuttons.com -your one stop button shop
messy jessie
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005 07:51:42 PM »

Shocked i absolutly love your designs...i also made some clothes for a fashion show held at my school...are you a senior in high school? wow thats great stuff...so professional looking photos!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.........jessica... .......*wink*
ffungal

I'm a llama and a moose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005 07:56:14 PM »

yes messy jessie I am a senior in high school.. only a week till graduation.. soo sad.. dont want to grow up. Also I would love to see photos from your show if you could. post them here or pm them to me Smiley

ph33lth3lov3-- actually my friends(models) to surprise me sent some of hte photos in to magazines with a letter about what I did... theya re the bestest friends.. thanks for looking and for the great suggestion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PpCakes
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005 08:20:23 PM »

did you make all of that, if so there all fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Treat Your Sweet Tooth to This Chocolate Mousse Crumble
The Most Over-the-Top Brownie Recipe
How to Make Caramel and Pecan Crepes
How to Make Italian Hazelnut Semifreddo
Creativity in the Kitchen: Root Beer Float Cookies
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...