A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make a Purse & Fill It Swap (Round 6) Gallery  (Read 26687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whats_her_name
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2011 06:20:35 AM »

That video was a lot of fun  - you're too cute, jaloux!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2011 06:25:52 AM »

I can not believe all the great purses. This was an amazing swap. Everyone did such a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2011 09:02:56 AM »

jaloux Your purse is awesome. KLKing did a super job on it. I love the water bottle holder & all the pockets especially the clear ones. Love your video. Lucky Girl!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Pa
whats_her_name
« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2011 09:05:30 AM »

Yes, KLKing - you did a fabulous job with the bag - the clear vinyl is awesome and the bunches and bunches of pockets are so useful.  Nice job!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011 09:06:02 AM by whats_her_name » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whats_her_name
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2011 11:29:05 AM »

I got to my Dads house today and saw my package had arrived from Sharalee! I was really suprised, it said it wasn't comming until Tuesday! (must have gotten here yesterday, wow quick!) Everything was so amazing, i love everything.
Here is a picture of everythng.. The purse, I LOVE LOVE LOVE (already using it Smiley ) Elephants are my favorit animal. The other little bag is so Amazing! It has so much detail! (I have close up pictures of that too further down ^^) A flashlight, mulling spices(can't wait to try this!) Chocolate( I did mangae to take one brsore my Dad walked off with them. lol), tissues, A journal with a bioshock theme <3, and an angel.
The pictures don't do it justice, it is just beautiful. I think i may try to make one, but it probable will not be as fantastic as this one.
Thank you so much Sharalee!!!

So many pics went up over the weekend - I'm gonna hafta go back and make sure I've commented on them all.  One I missed was graciepop's bag made by the wonderful Sharalee!

I just wanted to say that I know how long it takes to make a bag, and I know how long it takes to embroider a LITTLE image, so to have embroidered a BIG elephant on a purse is incredible!!  And it's just stunning.  I love the earthy tones of the fabrics you chose - and I really love the color of the lining.  That picture of the inside of the bag really shows off some great sewing skills.  That patchwork pouch is really nice too - love it and the way you incorporated that elephant again!  Great job, Sharalee!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whats_her_name
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2011 11:42:06 AM »

I received today from Lindag35!  Thanks so much for the wonderful package Linda!  I love everything Cheesy  The bag is the loveliest shades of purple (which I couldn't get to turn out on my camera no matter how much I fiddled with the white balance)

I love the fabric and how it's reversed on the inside.

The fillings were Awesome!!!  Everything was so well constructed!  Makes me want to better my sewing skills even more.  Thanks so much for the sunglass case!  I don't know if that was on my list or not but I go through oodles of sunglasses because I just throw everything in my purse and then they get all scratched up.  Everything is so handy, now I won't have to dig through to the bottom (isn't that where EVERYTHING always is?) to get to stuff.  The lotion is hilarious, because that's what I send Linda and almost bought myself some at the same time, lol.

There was also a chocolate bar but sadly, it couldn't make the photo shoot.  It disappeared mysteriously soon after opening the package.  If anyone sees a 4.4 oz Hershey's chocolate bar, please help him get safely home, I'll pm you my address Wink

Ah yes, here's another one that I missed - The stylings of Lindag35.  I really love that brocade looking fabric - and if that's not the right shade of purple, then it must truly be stunning.  Grin  Looks like a really nice size and well-made.  I love how you labeled your extras so your partner would know your intentions with everything.  Totally something I would do too.

And Larissa-Rasputin, your comment about getting your 4.4 oz chocolate bar safely home is hilarious - made me laugh!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaloux
Miss B. is the name and Designing is my Fame.

love you all!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2011 11:55:48 AM »

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well with everyone. I just had to come on here and voice my opinion, I will say it now that if your feeling are hurt by what I am about to say. God Bless You.

This is not directed to anyone in particular but to everyone. When doing swaps or anything in life DONT LOOK FOR VALIDATION FROM OTHERS!! I know that we all want our crafts to be liked but they are not always going to be seen as gems in others eyes.

We are all adults (hopefully) and we need to conduct ourselves as so. My best advice for everyone is to first NOT ALLOW OTHERS ACTIONS TO DICTATE YOUR EMOTIONS, second KNOW YOURSELF AND LOVE YOURSELF!!!

and with that being said may you all have a great day.!!!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K.W.S.B. Designs Ceo.
J a l o u x = G a t e a u
My website http://kwsbdesigns.yolasite.com/
My Blog http://kwsbdesignsblog.yolasite.com/
I wanna do Personal Swaps too!!!!
whats_her_name
« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2011 12:16:04 PM »

DONT LOOK FOR VALIDATION FROM OTHERS!!

Easy to say, but I know when I've worked really hard on something and I think it's awesome, I want to hear that someone else thinks it's awesome too.  And my hubby is just not good enough, I want to hear it from another crafter.  Grin

And that's what the galleries are for after all, right??  A place to show off our stuff and say "Look what I can do!!"

So I definitely like to comment on all the cool shwag that's posted in the gallery.  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2011 12:34:03 PM »

I am admiring all of the beautiful purses...It is hard to pick out any favorites!

I will say that I love combining embroidery with the fabric on a purse...gives me incentive to keep doing my embroidery lessons!

I am amazed at how much detail everyone is putting in...and I am coveting some of the accessories!! 

I feel the same way.  This swap has been soooo amazing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2011 01:10:46 PM »

Jaloux--you are such a talented and wise young woman yourself! So adorable and funny!  I NEVER watch videos, but I watched yours...partly because I am lucky to know KLKing as a friend as well!

That was one exceptional bag and I sure learned some things that I want to do on some bags I make in the future!!!

But, you are correct:  Each person has talents and different levels of experiences...there is no "right" or "wrong" thing, just different!  And, thank goodness for that!  I have found each bag here to represent each person in a different way...and as long as your heart is in making it for a partner that you got to know a bit, and you did your best with your skills and resources, then, that is all that counts, really!

With that said, I thing all of the people and bags in this swap are, as greeen r my tears said: AMAZING!!!!!

I wish I had the time to try each one---like the embroidery---the backpack...the water bottle carrier...the lovely purple bag (I love it!)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why Falling For Your Therapist Is Completely Normal
How My Daughter Helps Me Through My Depression
How PTSD Affects Women In Violent Communities
Why School Shootings Get More Attention Than Street Violence
From WWI to Today: How PTSD Treatment Has Evolved
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...