A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Simple and practical e-book reader case  (Read 1621 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , ereader_cozy , ereader , ipad_case  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Anyuta
« on: January 17, 2011 07:37:49 PM »

This is my first crafster project post, and I'm pretty excited! =D

This is an e-book reader case that I made out of an agenda cover. (Unfortunately, pictures are links, because I'm new)

Very easy and fast to make (the longest part is finding an agenda cover the appropriate size) and has a very nice end-result feel. I open it like a book and don't need to take it out to read.

Step 1:
Find a hard-cover outdated agenda (outdated simply because it costs less) or any other book that you can spare the size of your e-book and with a pattern or texture you like.
Step 2:
Take out the paper part, you'll only be needing it's cover. In my case, this was really simple because it was a slip-on cover. If it's not, simply rip out the pages.
Step 3:
Secure your e-book to the outer-side or the cover. If, like in my case, you found a slip-on cover, simply cut out the desired curve to be able to slip in your e-book in place of the agenda. If not, you will have to create corners to secure it. This can be done by sewing on or securely gluing on elastics (diagonally, at the corner of your cover); by finding large photo-corners; or by making the corners out of a nice solid cardboard or fabric. Personally, I think elastic bands would be your best bet.
Step 4:
Secure your e-book to the inner-side of the cover. The way I did it should work in most cases, simply secure an elastic band to the cover and slip your device in.
Step 5:
If you wish, add something on the opposite side of the cover: a photo, notepad, even a mini pocket folder! I glued a piece of cardboard under my notepad, because the book-cover itself was not hard cover and I wanted an extra protection to come over the screen when it is folded.
Step 6:
If you book cover has no way of closing on it's own (some come with clasps or close shut with magnets) then you can easily attach an elastic band to do the job.

Voila, your custom-made, unique and personalized case is now complete!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011 05:04:23 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
marmalade_skies
I could make that for you, but I won't.

<(-_-)> (>-_-)> (>-_-<) <(-_-<) <(-_-)>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011 09:14:48 AM »

That's really nice =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anyuta
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011 09:01:22 AM »

Thanks! (Even though I'm starting to think it's pretty simple compared to the amazing cases out there on crafster! hehe... still if fits me perfectly and does the job =) )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
celticchrys
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011 03:53:08 PM »

This is quiet nice. Clever way to do a leather-book-cover style case.  You can pick up an agenda cheaply these days, especially late in the year. Thanks for the idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...