A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help turn this design into reality...  (Read 607 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

uluru
« on: January 17, 2011 03:48:56 AM »

I have offered to do the wedding jewellery for a friend getting married in summer. She's shown me a lovely simple idea for bracelets for the bridesmaids, but I'm a little stuck on it's creation. Could one of you lovely beading gods and godesses help me out?

I've come up with a few options,  I could use 4 headpins, one for each crystal, but I don't know how to attach the red center bead or the chain. I think I'd rather not have wire through the crystals and then  behind and twisted, in case it were to rub on the wrist. I'm also clueless as to how to get the horizontal crystals sitting nicely centered, and not too high or low to the central bead.

Any thoughts?

Thank you! Uluru
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY WISTS: http://www.wists.com/uluru

WEB DEISGN PORTFOLIO: www.mariewilkins.co.uk
Lattenville

The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011 08:24:28 AM »

Try a beaded Daisy Chain maybe here is a tute http://beadwork.about.com/library/weekly/aadaisychain.htm
You might need to use round facited crystals instead of the bicones for this to lay the way you want it.
Another option is finding something like this filigree flower http://www.artbeads.com/bba-lx51.html?icid=recsch and wire wrap the beads onto it. You can attach the chain to this using oval jump rings.
Check out artbeads.com they have lovely filigree swarovski Crystal flowers that would look nice and are reasonably priced. Just make sure you have a ruler near by to get an idea on the size because I ordered something from there thinking that I knew in my head the rough dimensions and when I got it it was ginormous! ha ha ha I still dont know what to do with it! also dont forget to enter the coupon code! it can save you some money:)
I hope that helps
I love making jewelry especially for weddings have fun with it! and take pics when its done!
Good luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Tom And Jerry
How to Sketch Squidward
How to Sketch Mr. Krabs
How to Sketch Stewie
How to Draw Homer Simpson
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...