Here is a tutorial for a scrub cap based roughly on the BlueSky pony scrub cap http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/categories/Scrub-Hats/Women%27s-Scrub-Hats/Pony-Collection/Disposable-Pony-Hats/
. I apologize for the ghetto fabulous Iphone pics + fluorescent lighting. And this is my first tutorial, so bear with any difficulties.
First off, the finished product. Supplies:
1/2 yard of fabric
2.5 - 3 ft bias tape
28 inches of ribbonPattern pieces
The measurements for the brim piece are in red.
For the top piece, refer to this thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=195693.0
(note that the pics are hyperlinks so if you click them they will get bigger...but most of the directions are super straightforward)
1. Pin the brim piece to the top piece, matching the centers. I recommend using a lot of pins as it is difficult to sew a straight piece to a curved piece.
2. Sew these pieces together (this is the most annoying part...go slowly and avoid the dreaded pucker). Refer to the below image as its best to start from the center and do two seams (i.e., stitch the red line and then the yellow line as starting from the beginning)
3. Pink the edges and press the seam allowances to the brim.
4. Pin the pony tail portion of the brim together. Sew these together. Pink and clip the edges.
5. Attach the bias tape to the unfinished edges (leaving a generous 2 - 3 inches at the ends)
6. Sew the ends of the bias tape as below.
7. Press flat and pink edges.
8. Pin the center of the ribbon to the right side of the bias tape
9. Stitch a square through the ribbon and pressed edges of the bias tape.
And you're done!! Wear with pride