A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC Second Chance Wishlist Round 2 Gallery!  (Read 17044 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redpopsicles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: March 02, 2011 02:22:13 PM »

I also was the lucky recipient of an AMAZING package from dragonflower!

Here's a pic of all the loot together which included 2 sets of hairclips, a necklace, a journal, a swap journal, a spool of skully ribbon, a set of skull and crossbones pencils, a boatload of different colored felts AND a bangload of leather pieces:

A closeup of a fantastic journal she made. It's absolutely beautiful!

Two sets of skully hairclips and a skeleton cameo inspired by my wists:

Here are 3 pics of the awesome swap journal:

And a closeup of the ribbon and pencils:

Thank you SOOOOO much, dragonflower! You rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2011 02:59:21 PM »

Another great package, dragonflower!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2011 04:01:44 PM »

Awww, thanks, rackycoo!

And yay- I'm so glad you like everything, redpops!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
Rousseline
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2011 11:34:48 AM »

After a couple of adventures, I received from SpunSugar (whose username used to be SaphireFaerie), and boy, was I excited! And she really didn't let me down!

I was claimed for a lap quilt, some fabric squares and safety eyes. I received all that, plus some needles, thread and a cutting square (I think it's what it's called...).

Here is the front of the quilt. It doesn't look like it on the picture, but it's really big, more than 3 feet long!!! It's a supersized lapquilt, it will definitely keep me warm! And I loooove the colours! I asked for bright colours and she listened!

The back, it's really cool too!

And the supplies. I got 17 fabric pieces (fat quarters), 17!!!

A close-up of all the nice fabrics. My mother started right away to mix and match them together and trying to find something I could make her!

Thanks SpunSugar, I love the whole package!  I'll use it a lot, the quilt and the supplies!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2011 01:16:57 PM »

Ooooh...what a fun quilt! The colors make me smile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpunSugar

I'm off to see the wizard!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2011 10:28:32 PM »

Hooray!!! I'm so glad you received Rousseline!  I've been DYING to make a quilt using all that fabric together but couldn't think of what I needed to make one for!  It did end up bigger than I had planned, but I just kept adding and adding to it  Grin  So happy you liked everything and I could redeem some feedback even with the little bumps I had along the way getting that to you.  I apologize for any flaws the quilt has (including the infamous purple seam I keep bringing up), making a quilt in 2 weeks is not something I've ever done before, let alone making it with only a serger and no regular machine!  Oh, and there were supposed to be 18 fat quarters but my daughter picked one that she liked and cried everytime I tried to put it in the box Roll Eyes  I think I'll have to use it to make her a new pillowcase!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~The Craftster Formerly Known as SaphireFaerie~
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2011 01:46:54 AM »

I received the second half of my package - inspired by a paper wreath on my wist. This one has an "autumn" feel to it Smiley

Whole wreath which is much larger than it appears in this photo (travelled half way around the world in one piece!):

Close-up of curled paper:

Thank you iheartzb!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011 01:50:20 AM by beckashell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2011 05:54:52 PM »

That wreath is fantastic! I love the recycled paper goodness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maps
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2011 12:37:53 PM »

Wowza! It has been a lot of fun watching this gallery. So many great items!  Cheesy

Well, Phizzychick received her package from me a month ago, but we have both been having internet issues since then.  Sad I'm the first one back up so I said I would post the pics I took before sending it off. I claimed her for fabric (warm colors), paper & ephemera, anything Discworld related, and rubber stamps. Here we go!

I packed the smaller items in a wooden cigar box:

All the items were wrapped in a tea towel and I put in a balsam fir sachet from NH (where I like to go in the summer but don't get to very often) just for fun.

Inside the little black bag were four Discworld glass marble magnets. It is hard to get a good picture of those little guys! There is A'Tuin, Nanny Ogg, Granny's sign, and Death.

I hand-carved four stamps for phizzy. She wanted some swirly kind of shapes and seems to like the more organic things, so I went with some hand drawn stuff. She said she really liked them, thank goodness! (i tested this one w/ black ink and then got so mad at myself for making it look ugly. so silly  Roll Eyes)

I did this one for fun b/c I saw a Willendorf figure in her wist. It's teeny!

I sent along various bits and pieces of paper and ephemera, as well as bits of metal and yarn, etc. Here is a pic of the top of the pile:

I didn't take a picture of the fabric that I sent along. There were maybe 10 or 12 pieces of nice (I think Wink) reds, purples, oranges, etc. I packed them all around the cigar box.

There was one last item that I made. However, apparently my partner took it from the dryer and put it away in the linen closet where I finally found it this weekend. I had completely forgotten about it and thought I had packed in the box along with everything else! It was listed on the customs form and everything. I am going to wait to post the pics so that phizzychick can be surprised when it arrives at her door (in case she gets online somewhere and checks in before then).

OK, that was a long post with a lot of pics. Sorry! I just want to say that I am so grateful to the mods for offering this swap. I have been trying to angel for a long time in order to make up my negative feedback and it never works out. Thank you!! I had a lot of fun and am very glad to back in the black, as it were.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been laid up with bronchitis for two weeks. I am catching up now. Please let me know if I have forgotten something! Sad  -4/5/11
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2011 01:10:10 PM »

That is the perfect package for Phizz! I know she will love using those stamps. I love the tiny one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What To Wear In Transitional Weather, from Tim Gunn
The Longest Length Your Skirt Should Be Is...
Where To Find Good Quality Suits, from Tim Gunn
The Best Boot Styles, from Tim Gunn
Philadelphia Buys More Sweatpants Than Any Other US City
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...