A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,238
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sherlock Holmes & John Watson charity plushies  (Read 4940 times)
Tags for this thread: sherlock_holmes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Noxika
« on: January 16, 2011 03:05:24 AM »

It's been so long since I've posted anything here I think I'm going through withdrawal!  Cheesy

I've taken a little break from working on my Sherlock plushies in my "usual" style to make these little fellows! Sherlock is 8.5" tall, John just under under 8". I made them for a fandom auction that's going on over on livejournal to benefit the Queensland flood victims. They are made almost entirely out of fleece except for Sherlock's coat and scarf (which I'm not sure what kind of fabric it is, but I LOVE IT TO PIECES!) and John's jumper (which was made from a new/unused Dog's jumper) and then I added a few stitches so it would resemble John's real cable knit jumper.

ETA: Sherlock and John raised over $700 for the qld flood victims! \o/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014 09:51:00 AM by kittykill - Reason: thumbnail for broken image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Super-Ted_Cullen!

Teenager by day and, well, teenager by night too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011 03:31:23 AM »

They are amazing! I haven't yet found the time to watch the series, but I love your plushie style. Smiley I may have to go check out that auction
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/Sofabedtry/EmmettCullenSiggy.jpg
Emmett McCarty Cullen; better than Superman
------------------------------------------
Will do personal swaps!
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011 03:47:21 AM »

I'm sure i've said before how much I love your chibi plushies. Your Lassie is the love of my life  Cheesy

Haven't made the time to watch Sherlock yet (I know i'm terrible!) but my friends love it so I know it will be worth the wait.

Since you have been so wonderful to donate these for the floods I feel that I should at least put a bid on them. Can you post the LJ link for us? Thanks!!

And you are so wonderful for doing such a kind thing/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011 03:50:12 AM »

I knew who they were from the thumbnail on the front page. Love them. Just been watching the BBC doco South Pacific with Benedict Cumberbatch doing the narration. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Noxika
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011 03:59:57 AM »

They are amazing! I haven't yet found the time to watch the series, but I love your plushie style. Smiley I may have to go check out that auction
Thanks so much for the kind words!! Becareful when you do find time, you might become a wee bit obsessed..or maybe that's just me, hehe. Smiley

I'm sure i've said before how much I love your chibi plushies. Your Lassie is the love of my life  Cheesy

Haven't made the time to watch Sherlock yet (I know i'm terrible!) but my friends love it so I know it will be worth the wait.

Since you have been so wonderful to donate these for the floods I feel that I should at least put a bid on them. Can you post the LJ link for us? Thanks!!

And you are so wonderful for doing such a kind thing/

Aww, thanks! Yes, these aren't quite my usual style, but they were a fun break, playing with someone else's pattern!

You should definitely check it out! I haven't met one person that has watched it and disliked it! Most people fall in love with it and curse the fact there are no more episodes until much later this year.  Cheesy

I was going to link the auctions but I was worried about having the craftster gods smite me, lol. I guess it's okay because it's for charity and not my profit? *crosses fingers*

John: http://community.livejournal.com/qldfloodauction/335.html?thread=385871#t385871
Sherlock: http://community.livejournal.com/qldfloodauction/335.html?thread=174159#t174159

I knew who they were from the thumbnail on the front page. Love them. Just been watching the BBC doco South Pacific with Benedict Cumberbatch doing the narration. Cheesy

Thanks so much! Ooh, Ben narates that? I will have to check that out! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cassiege

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011 06:26:04 AM »

What a fabulous job! Immediately upon seeing the thumbnail, I thought: "That can't be Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock and Martin Freeman as Watson!" But it is! I think they look fantastic, and then you add details like the phone. Fabulous. And what a wonderful thing to do to put it up for auction for a charity. Good for you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a very sad craft blog: http://cassiege.blogspot.com/
aliceownsj00
werd homie.

Life's grand, aint it?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011 07:09:13 AM »

i love these! They are so adorable, and so detailed! Bravo! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011 09:08:57 AM »

So cute! You got the expressions just right, and I love the hair. Good luck with the auction!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucyravenscar.etsy.com
lucyravenscar.blogspot.com
lucyravenscar.tumblr.com
BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011 11:10:34 AM »

These rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011 11:26:35 AM »

R U kidding me?! Gah, these are AWESOME! I just love the hair especially. Great job all around.
I'd love to know how you got started making these little guys, inspiration and study etc. Your work is very inspiring Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg
Meet Cara Brook of Maskcara
Meet Nail Expert Sophy Robson
Get a Saturday Night Disco Look with Binky Felstead
Beauty Secrets Revealed: Coconut Oil
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner
Monsters, Monsters Everywhere

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...