A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rosebud & Shell Jewelry w/rubber tubing  (Read 536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ArabellaCraft
« on: January 14, 2011 11:45:15 AM »

I had these lovely iridescent rosebud beads and turquoise shell pendants, and wanted to try using the Beadalon rubber tubing, so here's my experiment.

Clear frosted tubing; it also comes in matte black.

For the bracelet I'm using memory wire; for the necklace I'm using silver beading wire. A colored wire would also look cool through the translucent tubing.

While my beads had holes large enough to go over the tubing, they would slide around. If you only want them at the center of a necklace, that would be fine, but I wanted them spread out evenly, so I then cut the tubing into sections. It kind of gives the illusion that the tubing goes through the beads; this would also work great on beads where the holes are too small for the tubing.

I fed the pendant and spacer beads onto the beading wire, then the tubing sections.

Finished bracelet; I added shell dangles to the loops I made on the ends of the wire. Memory wire is tough to bend but you can do it. Instead of shell dangles you could add crystal dangles, charms, etc.

Once your necklace is long enough, thread some crimp beads (I like two for security, and I like to put a spacer bead after them to keep the wire from stressing), add a clasp, and crimp. You can use special crimping pliers or just regular needlenose pliers; the crimping ones make a smaller bead-like result while regular pliers will mash the crimp flat into a rectangle.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011 11:47:19 AM by ArabellaCraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged
laur328
Blood, Sweat and Crafts.

Let's get high on art supplies and hibernate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011 12:20:30 PM »

thats pretty cool, it gives me an idea for all the tubing my moms been saving from her oxygen machine.  (ill clean it first of course.)  go you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/rooftopstudio
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make American Sushi
Braised Bean Sprouts
Frozen Bean Curd Soup With Shrimps
Shrimp and Chicken Dumplings
Homemade Chinese Noodles
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...