A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dutch Pancakes!  (Read 4938 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , pancake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lieblings

Fishes Need Kisses!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011 08:44:42 AM »

We have these as special breakfast and my boyfriend refers to it as "breakfast cake".

We usually sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top before baking which gives an awesome crispy sweet cinnamon layer to the top! Served with fresh berries these are to die for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kat_728
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011 03:43:27 PM »

I was helping my daughter earlier today use her easy bake oven for the first time and I kept thinking that I wanted something life size sweet to make(does that make sense?). I gave up on that since I'm super lazy to go to the store but now that I saw this and have all the ingredients, I'm totally making it! Thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011 05:18:04 PM »

ooooh Darlin' this is made of win!!! I'm inhaling savouring it right now.   So easy, so quick, so YUM.  Thanks so much for the recipe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDiem
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011 06:12:00 PM »

I made it the other night (that you posted) with almond extract.  Oh so good!  I had a 1/4 piece and my husband ate the entire rest of it!  Smiley  Big hit!  My mom made these HUGE for brunches. 

Thanks!  Yum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Progress not perfection.

http://craftydiem.blogspot.com/
theintermission
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011 07:46:44 PM »

I made it the other night (that you posted) with almond extract.  Oh so good!  I had a 1/4 piece and my husband ate the entire rest of it!  Smiley  Big hit!  My mom made these HUGE for brunches. 

Thanks!  Yum.

I don't know how you only ate a piece.  When I made it, I ate the whole thing!  Haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kcartwright856
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011 08:19:46 AM »

I made one for breakfast this morning for my husband. It was very good! Thanks for the recipe.

I have a few questions. I did bake it in a seasoned cast iron skillet and used vanilla extract instead of lemon. My crust edges didn't curl up nearly as much as yours, and the top of the slices were pretty crunchy. Come to think of it... I think mine turned out darker than yours. Did I overcook it? I left it in for 20 minutes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

abbytail

shes possesed, and she gets the hiccups.......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011 10:21:56 AM »

Looks great, might try it one day..... unfortunately I'm on a diet right now.  Undecided

P.S. Am I the only dutch person who has never ever even heard of such a treat? Most people in Holland don't even have an oven anymore.......... (which seeing this recipe seems to be a big big loss  Grin )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download
theintermission
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011 12:54:18 PM »

kcartwright856- To get it to really curl up, you might try adding some oil in the pan with the butter.  It's also a good idea to use room temperature ingredients (even though I didn't).  Make sure the pan is preheated and as soon as you pour in the batter, it will start to cook.  Since all ovens are a little different, 20 minutes may be too long.  If you overcooked it, there's a possibility that it rose and then sake, making your edges lower.  Try taking it out at 18 minutes or when the edges are a medium golden brown.  I hope that helps.  Good luck!

abbytail- People is Holland don't have ovens???  How do they live?   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vwluvervw
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011 02:35:43 PM »

My father used to make us DUTCH BABIES --- which are similar to what you've made.. they're puffy and oh so yummy... we put sryup, cinnamon, butter, or powdered sugar on ours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kcartwright856
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011 07:55:30 PM »

I did heat the skillet fully in the oven, but I will definitely oil it in addition to the butter next time, as well as bring the ingredients to room temperature.

Perhaps the oven did run a bit hot, so I'll watch it more closely. Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Scenes at the UPTOWN Fashion Shoot Oct/Nov 2011
Behind the Scenes at Sanaa Lathan Cover Shoot
Winter Fashion: Casual Outerwear Trends
Cozy and Comfortable Outerwear for Winter
10 New Ways to Wear Your Denim Jacket
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...