A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Matchbox Swap round 4 Gallery  (Read 44948 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2011 03:38:14 PM »

I received a matchbox of goodies from liz156 today!!

Love how she was sneaky and used a whole length of ribbon, to, erm, wrap up the box Wink  It's such a pretty package, no?

Sans ribbon, the wee box is packed with found goodies!

And all the items in the box!  The paper stars are t-i-n-y! Shocked  And I love the bits and bobs she found for me...no favourites really...because it's hard to pick one! 

I'll be adding everything into my box of bits and bobs (yes, I have one Roll Eyes) where I keep all possibilities for use on chunky houses, etc.!

Thank you liz156!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2011 04:54:37 PM »

Okay, those are the tiniest origami stars I've ever seen! How are they even possible??? Love the ribbon wrap - elegant yet practical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2011 06:53:38 PM »

I can't even get normal size stars to work out!  I all ways crush them Grin

I got my matchbox from Wulf today!  I had to wait because the Hub. was napping....torture.  But then the phone rang YEAH!  So I have pictures now.  It is a good thing I didn't open it while he slept because my ssqqqquuueeeing would have woken him for sure....

Here is the postcard and box that came out of the mailing envelope.

and now the ATC we agreed to swap...it's amazing, so be prepared...

And I have decided, if I was an octolady, I would wear a corset too.

and now......I'm at a loss of words (which is kinda rare with me).  I believe my first words were, "OOOHHH MMYY GOD!!!!!"

Isn't it wicked??!!  I love the tiny eye detail.

The before unpacking picture.  The bit on the right is one of the sides of the matchbox.  I ssqqqquuuueeedddddd when I saw the poodle face poking out Grin
And now...on to the phat lewtz!!!

I actually got TWO poodles.  The sweet angel poodle, and one the left is a tiny silver charm of a poodle sitting up on a cart.  The tiny flower in the oval is 3D. The cool gear has this weird hypnotic part.  If you move it one part looks like it is spinning kind of.  I sure can't get a pic of it's coolness.  The other bit that should be explained is down in the right corner.  It's a pumpkinhead person and it says, "Kent County International Plowing Match Tobe-Cobe 1979".  My Hub. just pointed out that it looks like it should be a medalion, but there is no hole thru the loop hehehe.  I can also see now that the little hummingbird doesn't show up well.  It is above the white poodle and the butterfly.  It is really cute..should have put it in the next photo I guess..

These are the really tiny bits that would have disappeared in the other photo.  The pull tab is just for size comparison.  Bottom left are 2 of the itty bittyest little stud earrings I've ever seen.  The square one is nice and sparkly.  The otherone is an eye and eye brow.heheheh too funny.

Thanks a bunch Wulf!  Love it ALL Grin
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011 06:55:39 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
camelama
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2011 07:39:14 PM »

Wow, such great stuff!

I got my matchbox from liz156 today!!!  She really hit my buttons with this box.  Grin

First, what I pulled out of the envelope:

That ribbon! I love it. It looked gorgeous in person, it really shone in the afternoon sunlight.

And then I had to laugh, because I'd taken a muscle relaxing pill (dealing with muscle spasms in my neck where my head freezes in on place and I can't move it!) and BOY do I get loopy on them, because ... I could not figure out, after I undid the bow, how to continue undoing the ribbon. I was stumped! LOL Oh man, I crack myself up.  But seriously, I sat looking at this:

for like 5 minutes before my brain kicked in. SNORT.   Roll Eyes

Here's one side:

And the other:

HEE. Yes! A Pirates Life for me!  It made me think of Kevin Kline in Pirates of Penzance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHlakM55SQA)
[I also love him doing "A Cat-like Tread" - oh man, the last part of the song, the moves he does, I just swoon! Heheheh)

Then I realized the pirate flag is a knitting needle pirate flag! Double HEE!

And then  the innards! It wasn't bulging but MAN was it tough to open, and everything was solidly packed in there.

Group shot!

I scared the cat when I said "MOOSE!" loudly.  Cheesy

A little beaded chain, a set of little beaded danglies, and a gorgeous sparkling button.

MOOSE! It's a pin. I love it!  And I *adore* the little ring with little red flowers.

Star buttons, heart pin, another beaded chain, and those itty bitty teensy weensy origami stars! Those floor me - how the HECK do you make them that tiny, and not crushed?!?!

And then. I love this last bit. THIS. I got ... a conquistador? I can't quite tell exactly what it is. Perhaps he's a fictional fellow. But I think it's nifty! And here he is, along with some of the pretty beads that were in the matchbox too.

Right now he's chatting up my Jane Austen action figure - who knows what stories she'll have to write about tomorrow morning!  Tee hee.

THANK YOU liz156!  Woo!   Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Eveamlizya
Lollipop Assassin

Art isn't a hobby...it's a way of LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2011 07:44:31 PM »

suereal...you lucky dog you...!!!!  that box is AMAZING!!!!!  where do you live so I can come steal it while you're sleeping?Huh?  omg...i wants it i wants it!!!   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2011 09:49:20 PM »

Woah, Wulf...what a fracking awesome box.  LOVE it.  How the heck did you do that??? 

Love the little moose pin camelama received and and those itty bitty stars.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2011 09:54:25 PM »

Love that "Ladies! We have plenty of operators!" quote. Why are old advertising slogans so random? (Like that one I saw on here recently, "Do not untimely die") Lovely stuff in/on that box!

Love the blue ribbon and the goodies too. What a clever idea to take pictures of everything on a pretty plate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2011 09:58:30 PM »

Love the blue ribbon and the goodies too. What a clever idea to take pictures of everything on a pretty plate!

I thought it highly appropriate as it is "pirate china" made for me by TheMistressT in the second Craftster swap I ever did.   Grin  She even sent me a piratical china chest to store it in!

Liz156: I shared a photo of the little goodies you sent me, and already 4 friends have said "you do realize I'm stealing that moose pin from you" !!!! EEEP! It's quite the hit.   Grin Grin Grin  I luff it and it is already on the lapel of my fuzzy winter vest.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2011 10:13:23 PM »

seriously, SERIOUSLY amazing matchboxes here.  I can has them all?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2011 12:12:02 AM »

This gallery is freekin amazing.  I had no idea one could do so many different kinds of things to match boxes!  The next round is going to be very interesting as our as all our wee brain boxes churn with what we have seen this round...

Wulf--I'm still shell shocked about my box.  The more I look at it the more I'm amazed.  Please, what adhesive do you use?  It is very hard to find a spot where I can see any sign of adhesive at all......and now I'm double happy I cheated on your package Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vegetable Sushi for Kids
How to Roll Lumpia
How to Make Cucumber Raita
How to Make Boondi Raita
How to Make Eggplant Raita
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...