A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC Second Chance Wishlist Round 2 - Lists that have already been chosen  (Read 8763 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011 11:10:06 AM »

I'm Heather, 30 yrs old in California. I'm very much a mix of "earthy" and "up in the cosmos", somehow, and my favorite things are generally nature and animals. Not really into anything in pop culture or media these days; I'm basically a hermit. I'm inspired by magical, wondrous things; bellydancing; apothecaries and holistic non-Western medicine; textiles and decor styles of India, Morocco and SE Asia; whimsical steampunk; Amelie Poulain; and voyaging into the unknown. I also love straight-faced, unexpected, wacky absurdity and ironic nonsense, as long as it doesn't involve hatefulness or harming anything or anyone. I am left-handed, left-leaning, low-maintenance, and have no piercings. My style is completely eclectic, though I'm definitely not modern. I like most colors, and organic/free-flowing patterns.

Allergies: cig smoke, mold/mildew, and cat-spray.
I am a big fan of reuse, upcycling and second-hand stuff, so feel free to send me clean hand-me-downs.

My Craftster profile has lots of info, and so do my wists. Wisty surprises are most welcome!  Smiley

My wishlist (not in any order of size or preference) :

Crafted:

Yarny:
- a delicate, dark-colored (or any shade of brown) snood
- knitted socks
- a simple shrug, capelet or wrap
- Deep-v-neck sweater like this; doesn't have to be argyle
- hanging plarn basket for bike handlebars or for guerrilla plantings
- any amount of your corespun yarn or art yarn, in any color. A sampling would be great!

Trinkets/beading/jewelry/accessories:
- multi-tiered, beaded choker; examples in my wists.
- anything similar to what can be found in the Steampunk Charm Swap
- beaded beads
- big flower hairclips, which you can learn how to make in one of the Craftster Quickies videos. Other kinds of 1930s-40s or pinup style hair accessories would be awesome, too.

Fabric:
- patched-together hippyish apparel, such as an apron-style top
- something recond from a t-shirt (for shirts, I need my belly covered, without rips/tears, and for it to stay on both my shoulders. There are examples of non-shirt t-shirt projects in my wists)
- a bedspread made of 2 of those India/hippyish tapestries sewn together (such as this or this, rather than tie-dye) quilted back-to-back. I could easily do it myself if I had a sewing machine, but alas Im inept with such things.
- Wraparound pants, aka Thai fishermen's pants. Another pattern is here
- any kind of rag rug
- a mug rug (another thing I didn't know I needed until I saw it here!) with something on it that would make me smile

Paper and Mixed Media:
- a tiny handmade book, decorated and filled with art or blank
- a 4x4 chunky page, an ATC, some inchies, an embroidered fabric page or a tip-in art journal page (any size). Some themes of interest are here
- paper bowl or basket, same idea as the tutorials here or here
- paper you've marbled

Other media:
- Homemade jam/preserves! nomnomnom.
- baked goods of any variety, if you're in the U.S. and send very quickly
- any essential oils you've prepared yourself
- a fairy/gnome door I can leave at the base of a tree
- a big Buddha candle or small Buddha carving you've made

Crafted in the medium(s) of your choice:
- throw-pillow cover (just one, and Ill buy the pillow myself), crafted in your specialty (i.e. patchwork, embroidery, needlefelted, covered with monochrome buttons, crocheted, etc)
- knickers, bloomers, or other old-fashioned wearables
- a calorimetry, scoodie, or button-up spats, in brown or gray
- a subtle garland that doesn't look like it's for a child/baby. Prayer flags would be lovely, too.
- a Teesha Moore style sewn/embroidered/embellished binder cover (Craft-along thread is here, and original tutorial videos here.)

Supplies:
- luscious batts/roving/carded fiber for hand-spinning
- only if you already have one and no longer want it (don't go out and spend $ on a new one) : a heat gun tool or a Bind-It-All machine
- your used diy/alternacrafty books (Amazon wishlist: http://amzn.com/w/HJ4Q12ZIPRQW)
- Glue Dots
- needles for needle-felting
- clear, 9-sleeve trading card sheets, for storing ATCs in a 3-ring binder
- left-handed pinking shears
- foil trim (aka Dresden trims)
- DIY kit for metal embossing (pointy tools, copper sheets, etc)

Or--
- Something to nurture my inner "zen earth-goddess" side (I do enough nurturing of my "goobery weirdo" side on my own  Cheesy)
- Something that inspires adventure
- Something that celebrates the Sacred Feminine, or women who don't fit the mold, or something along those lines

Thanks and much crafty love!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011 03:36:24 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011 01:47:13 AM »

Hello!
My name is Ann and Im a yarnie living in Sweden. My main yarn craft is knitting, but I also crochet on a medium to basic level and dabble in just about anything I get my hands on. I can sew extremely basic things but I usually let my husband handle the sewing machine since hes much better at it. Im a pharmacist and my work situation is complicated. I work at a temporary place, waiting to open up a new store and I live with my parents until we get our new place. Due to the craziness I can't really swap right now, but I can hopefully help someone get back to swapping Smiley

Dont pay too much attention to the headers. Feel free to craft my wishes with another craft or in another craftster size if you want to.

My favourite colours are almost all shades of purple, the combination of teal and chocolate brown, teal on its own, black with almost any colour, bright rainbows, and silver. My wist should give you an idea too.

I dont mind recycled or upcycled materials in crafts. You could even say that I really like recycled/upcycled crafts =) Yay for free or almost free supplies! As long as everything is clean and not broken beyond repair Wink

Things I like: Owls, yarn, knitting pretty lace, shades of purple, bright rainbows, soaps, creepy cute, nice non-gory zombies, roleplay, sushi, buttons

Things I dont want/dont like: Slippers or shoes (unless you can make orthopaedic ones where one is 1,5 cm higher than the other...), overly cutesy things, pale pastels, purely decorative items that collect dust...

Allergies: Not me, but my sister is allergic to pretty much everything furry. So any baby stuff (for my niece) needs to be animal hair free or washable.

Any craft
- Something wist inspired
- Something you're good at doing that you think I'd enjoy Smiley

Large wishes
- Socks, socks, socks... I like socks and I knit them for myself but it would be lovely to receive a pair (knitted or crocheted). Thin or thick yarn, but not super chunky. I want to be able to wear them with my special slippers. I think Im an US 8, but I can measure more accurately if needed.
- Fingerless gloves knitted with thin yarn/sock yarn or something like this: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/podster-gloves
- A decorated black board for writing shopping lists and the menu of the week on.

Sewn/fabric crafts
- A wall hanging mail organiser with 3-4 pockets to organise bills and mail.

- Night time cloth pad(s). With wings if possible.
- Regular cloth pads, any style but not too bulky
My night pads are 12 inches long, about 3,5 inches wide and have wings. My regular ones are about 10 inches long and about 3 inches wide folded up. The ones I have stay in place without wings (they are basically double fabric sewn together that I fold to make a pad that's 6 layers thick). So a bit of length is usually more important than wings, but I don't mind either way.

- Owly art quilt
- A car trash bag! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=352363.0

- A bag or tote, either for regular shopping or some kind of project bag
- A fabric coiled bowl, perhaps in shades of purple or rainbow (they look so cool)
- Full length apron for my big man. I'll try to sneak some measurements if this is picked. He wears 3XL or 4XL t-shirts (us sizes) to give you an idea. I'd love it if it was chili or jalapeno themed.
- A heat pad (the rice filled kind, but I can fill it to save on postage). Any size or shape, I use them for my neck, period pain or just because I'm cold.
- Stencilled or decorated T-shirt for my husband, 3XL or 4XL us sizes. Preferably not iron on stencils since they dont survive when I do the laundry... Good themes are science fiction, star wars, medieval martial arts (swords!), aeroplanes, WoW (Horde!), funny quotes. PM me for more inspiration.

Knitted/Crocheted
- Dish scrubbies (acrylic and other synthetics are usually better than cotton here. Really scratchy yarn is great for this)
- Market bag (the kind with some sort of mesh texture that expands)
- Kid safe amigurumi or small stuffies for my niece. Shes 7 months old and loves to chew on things. So keep in mind that this will be slobbered all over.
- Bib with some kind of happy animal on it. Ive seen a crocheted monkey-face bib that was really cute. (could be sewn too)
- Baby stuff in general. I like spoiling my niece and her mom with handmade goodies.

Handspun
Yes please?

Bath & beauty
I might get a bathtub! But until then I prefer shower & beauty stuff... So no bath bombs just yet.

Jewellery/other
- Dangly bracelet with lots of charms and beads for my mom. She deserves a present for putting up with us living here... Green or teal would be a good colour. I think I have an example on my wist.
- Dangly but not too heavy earrings for me. I like when they hang down a little, but cant stand heavy things in my ears.
- Shrinky dink pins. (http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/wee_wonderfuls/2005/08/tutorial_for_sh.html)
- Stitch markers. You cant get too many of those Smiley Those that open that can be used for both knitting and crochet are nice, but any kind will do.

Papercraft/other
- I like decoupaged boxes and shrines
- Altered book
- ATC
- Inchies
- Altered puzzles

Supplies
- Blocking wire for my lace projects.
- Fun cotton yarn for dishcloths.
- Scratchy acrylic or synthetic yarn for dish scrubbies
- Crochet hook with hooks in both ends (Ive got tutorials to use them but no such hook)
- Regular crochet hooks (can be second hand). Poly clay covered ones would be awesome since I like the grip to be larger than on regular ones.
- Fun buttons for baby cardigans and the like. Bigger holes since theyre probably going to be sewn on with yarn.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 02:34:44 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011 07:15:19 AM »

Hello and thanks for considering me.  My name is Jessica and I live in Northern Ontario, Canada with my partner and our two kids.

I love colours that have a a brown/burnt tone to them.  A theme I'm especially interested in is Energy Healing and this includes Reiki, Herbalism, Ayurveda, the Chakra System, Meditation, Tai Chi, etc...

Crafts
- Handspun Fibers
- Chemical-Free Incense (I like exotic and spicy scents)
- CP Soaps
- Yoga Socks
- Wallhangings, especially related to my Themes
- Pottery
- Meditation Mat
- Play Food (we are vegetarians so please, no meat)
- Wooden Buttons
- Jams and/or Fruit Butters
- Flannel Unpaper Towels
- Beeswax Candle
- Knitted Hat like (http://www.etsy.com/listing/62223955/augustyn-a-slouchy-hand-knit-hat-in?ref=cat1_gallery_28), similar colour.  It has to be made fairly large because I have a head full of mature dreadlocks.
- Soy Melts (scented with essential oils please)
- Winter Indoor Shoes (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/heidiche/winter-indoor-shoes)

Anything from my Etsy (username: gatheredroots) list
Anything Wists-inspired (www.wists.com/dreadlocklove)

Supplies
- Organic or Homegrown Herbs, pices, and essential oils (not fragrance oils)
- Start-Up Kits: Fiber Spinning, Weaving, Canning
- Embroidery Floss (Any Colours or Lengths)
- Sustainable Fabrics and/or Yarns
- Linen or 100% Cotton
- 100% Cotton Thread
- Ethnic, especially Indian, Fabrics
- Couche Paper (for papermaking)
- Tape used for Hoop Making
- Components to make a Collapsible or Fire Hoop
- Wooden and/or Glass Beads
- Fabric Paint

- Books/Magazines you may have and no longer need pertaining to Herbalism, Aromatherapy, Natural Building, Embroidery, Fiber Spinning, Book Binding, Weaving, Raw Foodism, Ayurvedic Cooking, Vegan Cooking.  Check out my Amazon wishlist for a good idea of my interests (http://www.amazon.ca/wishlist/35Y5I8FSK9POE).

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 02:33:21 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011 02:36:42 PM »

I couldn't resist putting a list together. I'm George, aka Phizzy and though I currently live in Spain I am moving (oh so soon!) and would love it if my first mail to my new address in England was crafty! Grin

I love all things nature related and love Indian/Moroccan styles. And music, I'm passionate about my rock & metal. I'm fairly bohemian in my tastes and have a love for the whimsical. So, on to the wishlist!

Papers - scrapbooking, ephemera, tickets, book pages & whatnot.

Crochet scarf - something viney/leafy/flowery would be fab!

Ink Stamps - I have a measly collection, so would love some swirls and other interesting stamps.

Slippers - I'll admit I have a slipper addiction! I'm UK 5/European 38

Prayer flags - I would love some prayer flags!

Fabric pieces - In 'warm' colours - read/yellow/orange/purple/browns

Tie dyed slips - UK12 for example this and this

Tie dyes tights/leggings

Wrist cuff - Leather/embroidered fabric/felted wool. There are several on my wist for style ideas.

Arm warmers - mixed colour knitted or fabric like these

lavender sachets, Incense & essential oils - I love my candles and scents!

String shopping bags

Goddess necklace/ornament - like this one

Anything Green Man related!

Heavy Metal altered tee - usually Girls small/medium (PM me for bands)

Something skeleton/bones related. Actually I love the TV series Bones too...

Anything at all Discworld related! Or Dexter...or NCIS (I love Abby!)

Thanks! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011 03:25:40 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2011 06:27:16 PM »

Hello, My name is Monica. I live in North Carolina at the beach. I am a happy go lucky girl not to uptight and just love to have fun and enjoy crafts and homemade gifts are wonderful.

My heart broke yesterday when my great love my doggie Buster of almost 16 years  died. He was my BFF and I am just broken right now. On top of it my family is under quarantine because my little grandson who lives with me has a form of measles YUCK. It is just a trying time in my family right now.

I would love more then anything something to memorialize my  Buster who passed away 1/14/11 Yesterday  a hoopla embroidery  of him, a small wood burned art, just not shrink plastic stuff or photocopied art I have tons and would love something differentA pillow maybe?
I have several pics of him..I love he is a Boston Terrier the love of my life 
2) a coiled fabric bowl for my bathroom ( purple, green and blues )
3) a pair of sz 8 us slippers for my little cold feet ( not ballet style but cover the ankles ugly is cool
4) a stenciled long sleeve tee from my wist sz 12-14 Large Not the jr tiny stuff YUCK vneck or scoop
5) some silver dangle earrings with blue, pink, red or purple  stones with ( NO NICKEL)
6) headbands some 2 sided solids would be great ( I dont need light blue, black or white)
7) a sewing machine cover in Chocolate and Pink OR chocolate and Blue
Cool a purse like in my wist
9) an embroidered hoopla art for my wall
10) a pillow case dress for my granddaughter sz 7 kids she loves pink and purple, navy and red together
11) some lounge pants can be ugly flannel Wink
12)  a felted Boston Terrier doggie for my memorial shelf
13) a found item or whatever windchime for out on my back deck
14) a newsboy hat for a 3 year old
15) a big swap journal  I do tons
16) some altered dog art like angel dog something like that..again I will send you some pics of my baby boy
17) a loaded pirate( black and red)  or nautical (navy and white or red)charm bracelet
18) an cute organizer to hold some bills, papers, etc

19) some kitchen towels ( my kitchen is in need of some) I will tell you what our style is Think NOLA/nautical meets a mermaid along the way funky fun
20) King size Embroidered pillow cases sand, brown, tan, navy ( nautical theme)
21) a pair of knitted socks?
22) some inchies for an inchie art collage I will do
23) a wisty gift I have a HUGE wist
24) a poppet?
25) potholders
26) some baby doll diapers, clothing that stuff 12-14 inch dolls size
27) an altered journal
28) something funky and fun for my Mermaid master bath
29) handmade lavender soap
30) a hair ribbon holder to hang on the wall of a little princess room ( she does not want anything with cartoons on it) think pink, purples
31) hair bows for my granddaughter she love big ones Navy, Purple, Brown, Lavender most needed colors
32) little boys stincled/altered tees 4/5T dinos, robots, pirates, trucks, planes NO GREEN please
33) a coupon holder for my purse
34) a pretty small stone bracelet 6.5 wrist I have nickel allergies
35) hair doodas for a 6 year old
36) felt food pizza
37) something you think I would love
38) A Bath poof Crochet lager the better Smiley
39) crochet.knitted washcloths
40) homemade HOT salsa

Supplies:
Big wish Brothers 90 black Bobbin thread ( must be Brothers bobbin 90)
Mega huge need for my new Brothers embroidery machine
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=prd22756
This also for my machine  http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2092&PRODID=prd22760
Insulbrite http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2092&PRODID=prd48127
I need a few of these too http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2092&PRODID=prd38126
this also: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2092&PRODID=prd38131
I really want this pattern http://www.wists.com/babalina58/dddbc3a7779b5a88bdcf9ec040e96053?offset=380
Deep cut blade for Cricut BIG WISH!
unwanted cricut cartridges and the key pad ( I only have a few)
Brothers 90 BOBBIN thread ( white, black, Cream, Brown, most needed) THIS IS the only kind that my embroidery machine will take Must be brothers 90
45 mm Fiskers rottery cutting blade replacement
wide double fold Brown, black, pink, Navy, cream, pale yellow, white bias tape
Mega huge wish a bobbin side winder
some fabric at least 1/2 yard of fabric on my wist or like it Bigger is better LOL cotton quilting like fabric not jersey or like that...
A bobbin side winder
any fabric from my wist or like it

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011 03:47:23 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Rousseline
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2011 08:55:49 PM »

Hi! My name is Marie-Hlne and I live with my mom and my boyfriend in Gatineau, Canada. I am currently doing a master's in occupational therapy. I could not resist making a list!

Me and my boyfriend are solid gamers. We always love video-game inspired crafts, so don't hesistate to incorporate characters, items or anything from video-games. We mostly love those series: Zelda, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Dr. Layton, Mario Bros., Megaman, Chrono Trigger.

I love rich turquoise and fushia. I love the mixes pink-chocolate-beige or blue and chocolate. I love bright colours and I love rich colours.

I tried to separate the items in small-medium-large categories. However, I might have placed some things in the wrong place, so if you want to move them a little bit, it's ok!

Larges items:

1) Small lap quilt: a colourful quilt just to put on a chair or something

2) Sewn knitting bag: I always have projects lying around, so a bag is always useful! Maybe quilted or just sewn.

3) A video-game inspired painting: that could fit in my grey and orange living room or my burnt orange and beige bedroom.

4) Crocheted Megaman hat for my boyfriend: he's been wanting one for a long time!

5) A poppet that looks like a female character from any of the video-games named at the top. That would be really cool!

6) An embroidered somthing: I love how embroidery looks, so I'd love a embroiderd hoop with an interesting design.

7) A owl pillow: in neutral colours like beige and brown and golden yellow.

8 ) Two pillow covers that would change the look of my boring beige pillows (38 centimeters width and height). My living room is grey and orange with white and black.

9) A granny square throw in many colours to warm my legs

10) Hand painted shoes, size 8 for women

Medium items:

1) A t-shirt with a video-game image on it: I wear XL men's t-shirts to sleep and I'd love a handmade one

2) A chocobo stuffie: from Final Fantasy

3) A sewn or crocheted Disney princess plushie (any princess)

4) Knitted socks: any kind, hand-knitted socks rule!

5) A Yeti stuffie

6) A printed or stenciled reusable bag

7) A nintendo DS cover

8 ) Video-game inspired perler beads coasters

9) Handspun or handpainted yarn

10) A cross-stitched bookmark with a classy fairy on it (for my mom)

Small items:

1) Handmade soap (I'd love something spicy, but anything that smells nice is perfect!)

2) Handmade lip balm (any nice smelling scent, but not too sweet)

3) Stitch markers for knitting or crocheting

4) Handmade scented candle

5) A piece of jewelry that looks like a feather or a leaf

6) A bright colour necklace

7) A video-game inspired keychain

8 ) A small slime (from Dragon Quest), for my collection

9) A mini something with Eeyore on it (I love Eeyore!)

10) A coin purse in bright colours

Material:
1) Yarn: soft, intruiging yarn or something with a really rich colour.

2) Fabric squares: I just started (yesterday!) quilting, so I don't have a lot of fabric yet.

3) Black perler beads: I can't find perler beads by the colour here... I could use other basic colours (red, yellow, brown, green), but black is the most important!

4) Coverable buttons: you know the metal buttons you cover with any fabric? I can't find these here either, so it would be useful to get some with the little tool that comes with them

5) A basic "learn to embroider" kit or something... Maybe some basic transfer patterns, so I can learn how to do it...

Thanks a lot in advance!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 02:31:06 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011 07:30:57 PM »

Hi ya! My name is Michelle, I live in Southern California. I am a single grandma. My granddaughter is turning 3 the end of February. I have 2 cats. My favorite color is colbalt blue, I also love reds and other blues and rich jewel tones. I like silver or antiqued for jewelry. I love to craft. Currently I crochet, embroidery, make jewelry and mixed media stuffs. I want to learn how to spin my own yarn as well as knit and felt stuff. Here's some things I would love to receive if you are interested in giving.

Crafted:

Items Inspired by:
Harry Potter
World of Warcraft
Snowy Owls
Alice in Wonderland
Tim Burton
Marie Antoinette
England
Ireland

Hops for my Hoopla wall
Caplet or cardigan (XL)
T-shirt (xl)
wrist warmers
Jewelry
Wall art
poppet
skirt (XL)
stationary
Anything on my wist or etsy faves

Supplies:
Embroidery stuff
Learn to Knit Kit
Learn to spin your own yarn kit
Soap making supplies
Crochet supplies

Fabric
Mixed media supplies
Jewelry making supplies

Anything you think a 3 year old little girl might enjoy getting for her birthday!

Thanks for looking. I hope my list is broad enough that you can feel free to take and idea and let your imagination go with it!

Pixie
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 02:29:47 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilSabina
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011 06:29:15 PM »

Hello, my name is Wendy and I live in Durham, North Carolina. I'm 41 (eek) and I live with my husband, 20 month old son and our dog, Dixie.
I'm sort of a jack of all trades (master of none). I like sewing, paper crafts, woodworking, stained glass, knitting and gardening.
Colors I likepinks, greens, blues, chocolate, red, orange. I'm not fond of neon and I abhor peach and mint.
I really appreciate things made with re-purposed materials. Up until I had the boy I worked at a nonprofit creative reuse center.
My taste is kind of eclectic. I love vintage stuff 20s through the 70s-- not a fan of the 80s except the music. I already lived through it once. I also like modern fresh fun design and shabby chic. Not a fan of country style. But mostly I just really appreciate things made by hand-- the time and care put into them makes them special.
Thanks for considering me!

Crafts:

Lavender sachets
Bath salts (w/natural fragrance)
Sugar scrub (w/natural fragrance)
Wool dryer balls
Craft apron with lotsa pockets
Garden apron with lotsa pockets
Full apronvintagey
Headband- knit/crocheted/fabricpretty open to anything
Needlebooks
Threadcatcher
Pincushionhedgehog or turtle or flower or just something fun

3T shirt(s) for my kiddo. He likes trucks (his 1st word), planes, trains, Curious George
A stuffie for my son
Anything Curious George for my son
Mini tote bag(s) for my son so he'll stop stealing my purses to carry around the house.
Halloween decorations (not too scary). All of mine were destroyed when our roof leaked. Cry
Trivet(s)
Reusable produce bags
Reusable swiffer cover
A fairy door I can put on a tree outside
Any kind of garden art
Plant markers
Notecards
A screen cleaner-- I like this one http://www.instructables.com/id/Dust-Bunny-plush-screen-duster/

Supplies:

Knifty knitter looms
Wool roving
Wool sweaters (felted or not)
Buttons
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 02:27:40 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Opalgryphon
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2011 08:05:47 AM »

Hi there!  My name's Kim, I'm 28, and I've been married to my fantastic hubby for 10 years.  We have a french bulldog (Gizmo!) and a pug (Lola).

We're California transplants, living in Austin, TX and loving it! I'm a reader, a maker, and a painter. Trying to become a bit of a do-er and taking Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, and Boxing classes. I do, after all, need to burn off some of the food that I love so much - Indian Buffet here I come!

Likes: My favorite colors are purple, dark teal, turquoise, acid green, brown, charcoal, and occasionally pink when it's mixed into a kind of mod pattern that isn't over the top girly. I'm also a fan of colorful polka dots, tentacled critters, goldfish, and owls Smiley

Dislikes: Disney, teddy bears, lacy frou-frou stuff, grandma prints, cabbage roses, puff paint. Puppies and kittens are awesome when I can play with them, not so much when they're crafted.

Crafts

~Wisty Goodness.  It's updated, and I love everything...just ignore the obviously store bought goodies
~Anything French Bulldog.  Pugs are popular, so it's easier to find pug things, but not frenchies.
~Painted Umbrella like this one: Spotty Umbrella  I'm not terribly attached to the color, but I love the polka dots!  Or maybe tentacles? An Octopus?
~Mythical creature "taxidermy" - From the cute  to creepy
~Bleach stenciled t-shirts or tank tops with animals Owls, birds, goldfish, giraffes, pretty much anything that's not super cutesy. Women's fitted shirts, (Target, or Old Navy type, I know they always have a ton at Goodwill) size small.
~Decorated Recipe Binder that I can add recipes to.
~Pendants/Necklaces Living Moss Pendant,  Painted Wood Pendant,  Stained Glass Pendant, Pebble Necklace, Sloth
~Embroidered Cuff Bracelet  I like the whole thing, but it could be cool with a pattern like this too!
~Wall art My wist and my DA wishlist probably give you a good idea what I like.   and one more.
~Re-usable lunch bag (Small grocery bag size?)  Use your imagination, but it has to fit a microwave meal and some fruit, lol.
~Animal Stuffies Sewn, not knit or crocheted.  They're lovely, but I have plenty of amis!
~Cute Needle Book
~Healthy Snacks Home made beef jerky, granola, trail mix, dried fruit, fruit leathers, etc.  Whatever you can make that would ship well!
~Fabric coil coasters I like the colors in these ones about a third of the way down the page
~Owl Pillow
~Tide Pool Bracelet

Supplies
I will be happy to take used items and project leftovers off your hands!

~Lead Free Solder
~Soldering Iron Rheostat
~Old clock parts (hands, gears, etc.)
~Fun and funky fabrics like a lot of the stuff Spoonflower sells.   If you know of a cheaper place to get similar fabrics, let me know! Fat Quarters, and even decent sized scraps are cool Smiley
~Colorful fat quarters Different from above, I'm talking about the usual ones you find in any craft store.
~Old unwanted comic books that can be chopped into decoupage fodder.
~Precious Metal Clay  Even a little bit to experiment with.
~Ceramic marking pens  I think it bakes on in the oven.
~Throw pillow forms/filler
~Handi-Bobs!Thank you soooo much to thedish for identifying these for me!  I thought I was crazy because no one at the fabric store had any idea what I was talking about...
~Patterns from my wist or any fun amigurumi or plushie patterns (knit, crochet or sewn)
~Cardstock enough to make a lamp. 14+ pieces?
~Copyright free bug and critter photos (as in, you took the photo and don't mind if I make a watercolor painting of it) I'm thinking about starting a new "Critters" series of paintings.
~Origami Paper
~Fabric Transfer Printer Paper
~Printable Fabric
~Rotary Cutter
~Shrinky Dink Sheets
~Pins and needles I'll take any size or type!
~Thread of any color
~Interfacing
~Stamp/Lino carving supplies

Extras

~One (or more!) of your favorite "lite" recipes  I've been having a blast cooking new healthy tasty foods.  I'd love to make myself a "Craftster Cookbook"
~Hard Candy I'm on a diet, and need to make it last, lol!
~Decaf Tea LOVE peppermint and non-fruity herbals Smiley

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 02:08:21 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Great Pictures With Your Cell Phone
How to Choose Your Aperture Setting
How to Use an External Flash
How to Take Pictures in Shadow
How to Take Pictures in Bright Sunlight
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...