A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC Second Chance Wishlist Round 2 - Sign-ups CLOSED  (Read 18123 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChrisSews
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2011 11:32:28 PM »

Hi my name is Chris.  Im 34 and I live in Alaska with my husband, 2 dogs, and cat.  I love the outdoors and spend a lot of time outside hiking, fishing, skiing, kayaking, etc.  I love to bring the outdoors inside with nature themed art and colors.  I love greens, browns, fall colors in reds, orange, dark yellows.  Favorite animals are otters, foxes, and all kinds of birds.  I also like sea crittersnot so much fish but seahorses, jellyfish, squid, crabs, seaweed.  Im not allergic to anything but really hate the smell of cigarette smoke.

I have a pretty extensive wist and do keep it up to date.  Id love anything from it or inspired by something on it.  If you do pick something off my WIST please do read the comments I'll occasionally put something up and then say "Love this style but don't like that color" or some such.

Crafty items

- Dish towels.  I turned a bunch or mine that were looking shabby into rags.  Now I need some cute new ones.  I dont really have a color scheme in the kitchen but like greens, blues, browns or red and blacks.  Embroidered, sewn with cute material, appliquopen to any.  I like cute designs with kitchen themes (appliances, food, herbs, etc.) or any animal or nature theme.

- BIG WISH - An ironing mat (a large one around 30 x 20 would fit my table well but smaller is ok)

- A needlebook to hold my embroidery needles.  Im not picky about style.  See my wists or above for themes I might like and surprise me.

- Dog dish mat.  Our new rescue lab is a messy drinker so something to help contain all the water splashes would be great.  Needs to be about 12 wide to fit in the feeding area.  Length is less important maybe around 20.  The dogs are both labs one fox red the other black.

- Knitting stitch markers.  Im open to almost anything for thesesurprise me. 

- Knitting needle case/holder/roll.  Id love something like this =tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=handmade] one that has different size pockets, including shorter ones for dpns, and wide pockets for circles, and other supplies.

- A knitting project bag/tote.  Just a small to medium sized bag that can hold a skein or two a yard and my needles.

- Handmade beauty products.  Cold press soaps, body butter or lotion, lip balm, etc.  Id love just about anything except bath oils, bath bomb, or any bath thing (I rarely take baths) and I dont really care for most of the melt and pour soaps.  I prefer natural scents, most fruit smells (citrus, pear, berry), vanilla, rosemary, lavender, green tea, oatmealjust nothing with too heavy a perfume smell.  Soap in manly scents for my husband is good too.

- Sea creature stuffies or amigurumi.  Would love anything with tentacles, weird or unusual fish (puffer fish, anglerfish, etc), nautilus, crab, sea slugs (nudibrach), seahorses, corals, jellyfish, etc.

- Otter soap dishes   Love these ottersany potters out there who want to make me one of these?

Help me decorate my craft room.  The walls are an apple green.  The furniture is dark brown and white.  Im using these colors with splashes of orange and rusts.  Some pics of the craft room organizers and idea of color schemes  here and here

-  Pillowsabove colors and themes.  I have a tan futon in the craft room and need to add some pillows for comfort and to give it some color.  I want a few bolster type pillows for the arms and lots of various sized square and rectangle.  Really Id be happy with any size shape.  I can stuff or buy a form to make it easier for you to ship.

-  Wall art I would love some art to hang on my walls.  Sea creature themed would be great. I like wood block/altered paper type art.  I always like embroidered wall hangings as well.  Or get creative.   There are several examples of things I like on my Wist.

-  Print/stencil t- shirts womens size XL (or XXL if sizes run small) preferred colors: brown, dark red/maroon, rust, dark orange, greens (lime, apple, sage).  Bird or animal designs, trees, leaves, etc.  Also love geek/science themes such as molecules, cells, etc. See wists for some examples.  I tend to like v- necks better but any style collar is ok.  Have some great ones from puzzler and some on there way from babalina but can always use more in other colors/designs.  Long-sleeved would be great for this time of year.

-Stencil lounge pants size misses XXL or womens 1Xsame themes as t-shirts above in black, brown, or grays. 

-  Knit or crochet slippers, nice and thick (wool is great) to keep my toes warm on those cold Alaska days. I like the Mary Jane and ballet styles.  I wear a womans size 8 shoe. Again see Wist for examples of styles I like.

- Reusable cloth menstrual pads.  Mostly panty liners like these but also a couple of longer, thicker overnight ones.

- Reusable swiffer covers. 

Supplies
-BIG WISH- Soapmaking supplies or a learn to make soap kit.  Im not really interested in the melt and pourlooking for cold press soap.  This is actually for my husbandhe wants to learn to make soap and I want to encourage him to craft.  We dont have anything so any supplies and/or ingredients at all will be much appreciated (we do have a local source for lye and some very basic oils).   

- Knitting needles Im just learning to knit and only have a few needles so almost any size would be great (so far I have regular size 6 and 8 and dpns in smaller sizes 000-2, 4).  I prefer wood or bamboo.  I would also love some circular needles (I have only size 9).

- Felt wool felt or eco felt (please no cheap acrylic felt sheets from the craft store).  I can use all colors. 

- birdseye diaper cloth

-  Embroidery pattern transfer paper or pens.  I like the ones that disappear with water best but any type is fine. 

-  Bias tape makers. Any size but   to 1 inch would probably get the most use

-  Serger thread cones in sets of 2-4 please.  Black, Brown, Tan, White, Greens

-  Pinking shears

-  Rotary cutter blades, regular and pinking (45 and/or 28mm size)

-  Fun modern material: fat quarters or charm packs would be awesome!  Quilting cotton.  I would love to have more modern fun prints like Amy Butler, Heather Ross, Michael Miller, etc.  I have some I like on my wist and on my  amazon wish list

-  Home dec weight material.  Bright modern prints or nature prints with leaves, trees, birds, etc.

- Glass eyes.  Small sizes from 3- 6mm.  Solid black or black w/clear iris or dog or cat irises in shades of brown and green.

- Yarn - open to any color and type.  Would love to have some more sock and fingerling weight yarn.  Prefer wool and wool blends but will take acrylic if it's nice. 

-  Craft books/magazines:
I love the Ernst Haeckel art forms in nature type books and CDs.
An encyclopedia of embroidery stitches type book.
An encyclopedia of knitting stitches type book.
Embroidery pattern books
Any felting and/or fiber art books.

Extras
Buttons (all sizes and colors)
Ribbon (all sizes and colors)
Sewing, knitting, embroidery, or cooking magazines
Dog toys and treats any type
Cat toys...He prefers things on a string (especially feathers) and catnip stuffed toys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my projects, ideas, and swap wish list at...
http://pinterest.com/cmsargent/
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2011 12:25:12 AM »

Howdy.  I'm Susi and I live near Vancouver Canada.  I say howdy instead of Hi etc. because both my parents were born in Texas. That and it reminds me of one of my favo Far Side cartoons. The vulture and the cowboy hat if anyone remembers Mr. Larson's work.  And yes I am that old...47.  I am married to a really great guy who doesn't give me a hard time about our house being covered in crafts and supplies. I'm recouping from a knee replacement, so I got more time then energy. It's been 4 months now, so it doesn't hurt much...I'm just tired all the time...anyway.....I think my number one wish would be a job where I could just make stuff.

Now my favo subject. My dog Cosmo. That's him in my sig. picture. He is 10 pounds of cuddly wiggles. We think he is all poodle, but he is rescued so we don't know for sure. He just turned 6, but still acts mostly like a puppy.  And he is the center of everything Grin

Themes: Poodles, eyes, things that have more or less then 2 eyes, monsters (not human based ones so not Frank, or Vampires etc.), Things with tentacles (very fond of cuttlefish), Luck Kitties (Maneki Neko.) specially weird ones, skulls (not too scary please), strange real animals especially deep sea, glow in the dark, cryptozooaligy, rabbits (It's year of the rabbit and both the Hub and I are rabbits) not cutesy ones though, chartruse, purple, orange, jewel tones, steampunkish, bees, They Might Be Giants (favo band), robots, tigers, creepy/cute (LOVE the little skully animals)

Anti-Themes (stuff I don't like/want): White, Pink, Red (it's ok as an accent), stuff for Cosmo (he hates clothes, doesn't really play with toys, and I make all his collars and such.  I'm picky about what he eats too, so please ask if you want to send him a treat), girly stuff (lace, frills, pretty stuff), large sized stuff (not much room here), craft supplies (I have waaay too much stuff as it is and I'm trying to use it up), smells (Lavender smells bad to me...I must be allergic)

And now my list...

1.)  Art to do with Cosmo.  Or other poodle art is good too.  Just not pink ones. And not cartoonish either please.
2.)  Fabric monthly pads.  How ever many you would want to make and send...I have none at the mo.
3.)  Scoodie.  Think soft and cuddly not hairy or scratchy.  Possibly even polar fleece?
4.)  Smallish wall art.  Embroidery hoops, paintings, quilts.  Just no bigger then 1 foot.
5.)  STUFFIES!  The stranger the better Grin Just think smallish
6.)  Small, odd, figures less then 2 inch base.  That is how wide my Small Weird Shelf is.
7.)  A sleep mask
8.)  Cool t-shirts.  Large or XLarge (Hub).  Any technique or topic as long as it's funky.  A poodle skully animal shirt would ROCK
9.)  OK this one is odd and obscure.  I once saw a potato masher that looked like a duck or a goose.  The feet were the mashing part.  It's haunting my dreams...
10.)  Pillow cases.  Cotton or cotton flannel is fine.  And once again, odd is good.
11.)   Towels 100% cotton, with something cool embroidered on them.  Those huge bath sheets would be uber happy makeingness.
12.)  Interesting Japanese stuff.
13.)  Those small Exacto blades for the little tube shaped handles.
14.)  Gears.  I have some tiny gears from watches.  I would like some around a penny or larger
15.)  This one would be a HUGE one.  I've become facinated by Blyth dolls recently.  I know enough to know that won't be happening heheh.  But if anyone one has a knock off that they don't love or even a victim of plastic surgery misshap, that would be amazing.  I want to do facial reconstruction surgery anyway.  It's those eyes.....

EXTRAS if you feel like it:
Candy, specially chocolate.
Small squares interesting fabrics.  I know I said no supplies, but it's more about the variety.
Interesting things. Paper, metal, even plastic.  I use ephemera for lots of things.

All done I think.  If you pick me I hope you have fun making what ever it is Grin and Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011 12:39:55 AM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
gavagai
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2011 12:40:39 PM »

I live in Sweden with my SO and our little Mika (will turn three years old on Valentines Day). I work as a student guidance councellor at the university. My SO works part time and is a part time stay at home daddy. During the last two years, we have both worked part time and been part time stay at home parents (except for the first three months when I studied full time and Mika was home with daddy full time). I also teach craft classes in the evenings. Lots of projects going on.  Cheesy

Please note: If you want to send me a book directly from amazon or some other online shop, please make sure that it is shipped from Europe. Otherwise I may face heavy customs fees.

There are lots of more things I wish for (and to be inspired by) on my wist: http://www.wists.com/gavagai

My top wishes right now are kits
(don't know if they count as crafts or supplies...

Tunisian crochet kit
...preferably instructions/book/s and the hooks, but just either is also good.  Smiley Would love to try this!

Resin kit! (never tried before)
I would love a resin kit for making pendants and such. Also interested in just part of a kit like resin molds and other things I would need.

Screen printing kit!
...or just the screen printing ink. I have always wanted to try screen printing, but don't know where to get the supplies in Sweden. I have heard that the Speedball brand is good for inks, but maybe there are others too.

Crafted things

Soft building blocks
Soft building blocks covered with fabric. I already have a lot of foam cushions (is that the right word?  Huh) measuring (in inches) 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 3 3/4, so I would also be happy for covers for some of those in happy childlike colours/patterns, either with a zipper or something or with one seam open so I can close it myself after inserting the cushion.

Magical folding cube
I just love these! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=296493.0 Preferable with contrasting colours/patterns, suitable for a child (e.g. no poker images like in the link Cheesy)

Baby sling/carrier/meitai
I know this is a lot to ask for, but if someone wants to make me a non-elastic baby sling I would absolutely love you! Maybe something like the Storchen wiege (http://www.storchenwiege.com/). A non-elastic sling should preferably be woven diagonally (i.e. the fabric you use should be, look at the close-ups on the Storchenwiege site), but maybe it works with other fabrics as well. Other kinds of ergonomical carriers would also be great, like a meitai maybe (www.meitaibaby.com). Not a ring sling though, since they would probably kill my back. I need something with the weight well distributed over both shoulders and hips.

Granny square(?) shawl
A shawl made out of multi-coloured crocheted flowers (is there a name for it? is it even flowers? you know those colourful round (or squarish) things put together)

Educational toys
Little Mika loves the alphabet and numbers, so toys/art relating to the letters of the alphabet that would be great. I would also be happy for any hints on where to find good computer games for a soon to be three year old who loves the alphabet and learning to read. She can read short words (when she is in the mood  Smiley). One "problem" is she is learning Swedish, not English, so it would have to be kind of language neutral (or Swedish  Smiley). Here is the Swedish alphabet by the way: http://hans.presto.tripod.com/scan/swedalph.html

Big bold art
I like geometric patterns, clear colours, contrasts... Also something with the letters of the alphabet would be great. I like this one a lot (just as an example): http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/70151043 I also like trees.  Smiley

Sandwich/lunch box for Mika
For when they go on excursions/picnics at her preschool. It has to fit a couple of small sandwiches and maybe some raisins and half an apple or something, so not too big. Preferably not traditionally girly looking, but otherwise I am open to all kinds of designs.  Smiley She should be able to learn how to open it herself though, so no childproof locks.  Cheesy

Funky baby clothes
Fun, funky (or maybe liberal, feminist, sarcastic...) baby clothes fitting a two-year-old or bigger. We're not into gender stereotyping, so any colours are o.k. I would really prefer something knitted or crocheted right now, since I sew a lot myself and have also gotten clothes from other places.

Woodland creatures to live in Christmas tree
Felt creatures for my Chrismas tree. We have this white plastic Christmas tree, that is really quite good looking, kind of magical with lights shining. I discovered that it looks even more magical if I let little creatures live on the branches, so for this Christmas I will need more woodland creatures, monsters or something like that to inhabit it. Felt looks good. I guess they could be crocheted as well, little amigurumis. Size maybe somewhere between 1.5" and 3.5". Some creatures to inspire you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fantastictoys/sets/1630769/ but feel free to use your imagination.
 Not right now

Anything from my wist
And of course anything else from or inspired by my evergrowing wist.
http://www.wists.com/gavagai

Kits (does this go under supplies?)

A soap making kit! (never tried before)

A kit for any kind of craft I haven't tried yet. Feel free to PM me about that.

Supplies

Bathing suit fabric/pattern/old pictures
Bathing suit fabric and/or pictures/patterns of old bathing suits (think the twenties-thirties). I am thinking of sewing a bathing suit for little Mika, modelled after an old bathing suit. I'd like something with bloomers like legs, maybe in white and/or navy blue or striped (any colours), but colourful patterns (like flowers or something) would also look nice. I am doing this just for fun. She likes to bathe in the nude anyway.  Cheesy I just took tailoring classes, so I should be able to sew it as long as I have pictures and fabrics. A pattern for any sizes to adapt to her size would also be nice. Maybe I could crochet one as well come to think of it, but then the pattern would have to be made for a baby, since I am no good at adapting crochet patterns.  Smiley
Not right now.

hole puncher
Something to punch holes in shrink plastic, preferably with different sizes and not too poor quality. I used to have one that could barely make holes, and you had to trim the holes afterwards with scissors.

Lightscribe cds/dvds
Lightscribe cds/dvds for me to lightscribe on. Would love different colours! Can't get the different coloured ones here.
Not right now

Fun ring bases
...to glue things on to make finger rings. Any kind of not so plain ones, maybe patterned, filigree...

Cotton fabric with "frames" on
I am looking for fabric that consists of "frames" of some sort with a white inside. Ideal would be images of empty photo frames (if anyone has seen such a fabric, PLEASE tell me where ), but otherwise maybe just white squares with a border of some other colour around it. I would like to use it to iron-on images in the white sqare and get the effect that the image is framed. Here is a wallpaper that I love! http://www.designonline.se/ProdImg/Decorations/familjen_lisabengtsson_800.jpg If there is a fabric like that I would LOVE it!

Thin silver (plated) wire
Silver or silver plated/gold plated wire, thinner than 0.4 mm (maybe someone can translate this into American standard?)

Anything matryoshka
Fabric, pendants... I am sure I will have swap partners who love matryoshka stuff, so I need the material.  Cheesy And as always, Sweden is not the best country to find new fun supplies.
Not right now

Square bails for making pendants
Flat metal things with a loop (preferably silver/gold or silver/gold plated) to fasten on the back of for example a marble to make it into a pendant. Something like this: https://www.rings-things.com/cgi-bin/hazel/hazel.cgi?action=detail&item=49-455-3  Ideally either 10mm or 20mm square, but also interested in other sizes.

Gold plated chain
Gold plated chain to make necklaces and other jewelry.
Not right now

Silver plated finger rings
Silver plated finger rings with a large plate (1.5-2 cm?) with sides/borders (will try to find a link to make it less confusing) for crafting jewelry.

Glass thingies/plates for making jewelry
Glass thingies, especially ones with holes in them:
http://www.wholesalersusainc.com/hand-glass-shapes-rectangles-holes-40pcs-p-1325.html
Other glass shapes on the same site are also as interesting, and coloured square marbles also... Just different shaped glass thingies to put pictures behind really... and/or coloured ones for rings:
http://www.plainmabel.com/ckshop.php?item=1168&ret=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.plainmabel.com%2Fckshop.php%3Fpage%3D1%26category%3D4
(I already have enough of the "normal" round transparent ones (that you can buy in flower shops (at least here) though.)

Pegboard hooks!
Hooks of different kinds for pegboard (also hard to find in Sweden). Would love all kinds of storage solutions for pegboard, like these or others (any kinds are appreciated):
http://www.hookstore.com/buckbins.htm#kb
http://www.hookstore.com/buckbins.htm#kb6
http://www.hookstore.com/panels.htm#office

Craft books & magazines

Book with fun/cute Japanese sewing and/or crochet patterns (when it comes to books it might be a good idea to ask if I already have the book before claiming; will maybe try to list the books I have soon)

Crochet books or magazines with fun new projects (not too traditional stuff). I like "Crochet today". I only have the september-october 2007 issue so far. Please ask me before you send a crochet book, since I have a few (not many) already and might have the one you want to send. (Will try to list the ones I already have soon.)

Readymade magazine (but I do have issues 34, 35 and 37 already) Will have to wait and list all the issues I already have before wishing for more. Thank you rlynn!  Smiley

MAKE: technology on your time (The only one I already have is volume 8 )

CRAFT: transforming traditional crafts (I have a couple of these, will try to list soon)

Craft books/magazines in general with fun new projects (not too traditional stuff) (in English or German or with easy-to-follow pictures (well, Swedish is good as well  Cheesy)

Extras

Please take a look at my supplies list. There are quite a few things there that could count as extras, depending on the amount. Would be happy for anything.  Cheesy

Please no food/candy! and I'm not too keen on batiks or country/cute flower themes.

Kiss AND THANK YOU SO MUCH TO WHOEVER PICKS ME  Kiss
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011 12:42:33 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2011 11:15:47 AM »

Hi! I'm Rosie, I'm a part-time student, I live in Vermont, USA. I'm a vegetarian, don't have any allergies, and live with tons of cats! My favorite colors are blues and greens, and I also love bright, happy, rainbow-y colors. I love the woods and the ocean and all the little (and big) (and imaginary) critters that live there. My style is a sort of hippie/pirate/woodchuck mashup, but I love experimenting with new things! Check out my profile for some things I love including books, TV shows, movies, and music. My wists (wists.com/tlk) will give you a good idea of the things I like too.

Wishes:

Fibery wishes

Hand-spun yarn - any size, from bulky to sock weight

Roving for me to spin

Knit socks

Knit cowl (soft and warm)

Hobo gloves for my boyfriend in this style

Fabricy wishes:

Sewn hat - a deerstalker, or newsboy, pirate tri-corner, or spiraly sweater recon like this one

A mini art quilt in a theme I like

A patchwork knee-length skirt like this one (or more simple)

A short jersey knit skirt for hot summer days

A shirred summer top or minidress

A little pincusion that can strap onto my wrist

A sewn wallet with a change pocket

A little pleated pencil bag/clutch like this one

A cute summer bonnet

A flowery headband like this one

An underbust corset, pirate or victorian style

A poppet of one of my favorite musicians

A Doctor Who "the angels have the phonebox" shirt

Papery wishes:

A hand bound journal/notebok

A set of inchies

Some drawn or painted wall art

A few watercolored ATC/inchie bases

Some homemade paper

A set of notecards

Jewelry wishes:

A bracelet with hematite (nothing dangley)

Pretty rings (not too big)

Ear cuffs (I don't have pierced ears)

Something pretty to clip in my hair

Misc wishes and supplies:

A little clock for my bedside

A big ceramic tea/soup mug

Homemade laundry soap

Vegetarian marshmallows

Cookies

Something batiked

Handcarved stamps

A cool masquerade-style mask

Handmade soaps (no sugary scents)

Fabrics - I love batiks and stripes and damask, or anything you think I'd like

Resin starter kit

Double pointed knitting needles and small circulars

Sewing notions

Buttons (especially with posts)

E-6000 glue

Interfacing

A walking foot for my Viking Emerald machine

A grommet setting tool

Embroidery floss, all colros

Anything bamboo, fabric or yarn

Natural (undyed) feathers

Carding tools

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011 11:42:43 AM by thelastkodama - Reason: adding some things » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

STS Shop

Etsy shop
missmoppet
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2011 06:30:57 PM »

Hello.  Im missmoppet.  Im located in the United States.  I have no allergies.  I crochet, knit, sew, embroider & cross stitch.  So anything related to these crafts would be just fantastic to receive and greatly apprecited.  Some themes I love are Harry Potter, 1950s, burgundy/gold colors, pirates, squid/octopus, dragons, gryffins and other mythological creatures.  My style is a mix between nerdy/quirky/cute.  As I wear anything Harry Potter/Video game inspired and I love striped knee high socks as well as 1950s style things like aprons and dresses. 

Crafted:
Knitted in the round scarf in Gryffindor colors
Bella mittens in any color
small black tote with a zipper closer and zipper pocket inside, and a long sturdy strap
small tan tote with zipper closer and zipper pocker inside, and a long sturdy strap
fleece ear flap hat thats red with fox ears on it.
fleece ear flap hat with panda ears
knit mohawk earflap hat
1950s style apron (think something that would be on Lucy would wear on "I Love Lucy")

Supplies:
Embroidery floss
embroidery hoops
cross sitch fabric
any good quilting fabric(im making a rainbow patchwork skirt with 6"x6" squares)
red/black/white polka dot fabric
regular sized spools of thread
yarn in purple/blue/black/teal/burgundy/gold/white
sugar n cream cotton yarn in any color
medium weight interfacing
that heat resistant material to use when making potholders
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2011 07:22:06 PM »

Hi! I'm Jess and I live in Pennsylvania, USA.

Crafts:

- "Glittens" (fingerless gloves that have a flap attached to the back of the hand to keep the fingers warm when they aren't being used... any color (I have a black peacoat)
- Needle book (I just started to do needlework)
- Tree of Life pendant/necklace
- Homemade lotions, soaps, bathbombs etc.
- a Swap Journal
- Embroidery pieces to hang on my wall
- artwork made with inchies for my wall
- Anything Nightmare Before Christmas, Glee, Big Bang Theory, I Love Lucy, Marilyn Monroe, Psych, Twilight, True Blood, The Hunger Games, the Pittsburgh Steelers...
- Anything from my Wist (see profile)
- Nerdy reusable bag for books/groceries/crafts
- Stamped metal pendant
-Handmade rubber stamp (s)
- Steampunk ring, necklace or hair barrettes.

Supplies:

- Embroidery floss
-Embroidery hoops (all sizes)
- transfer paper/tools for embroidery patterns
- Shrinkydink paper
- beads/chain/clasps/etc
- fabric to embroider (tea towels, vintage pillow cases, fabric from craft store, aprons etc)
- How-to books for making bath/body items, sewing or embroidery
- ink pads for stamping

I do not have any allergies Smiley

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011 09:00:44 AM »

Hi, my name is Veronica, and I live in Arlington, TX Im 25 turning 26 January 28th! I live with my boyfriend of 4 yrs Andrew and our 10 month old Son Stryker. I like to craft but as of lately have a hard time finding the time. I love to play video games (Hollistercobabe on 360) bake.

I really like Nintendo, Mario, King of the Hill, Assassins Creed, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Family, Thursday Night NBC lineup, monkeys & gnomes.  I also like chocolate-Cadbury but not the eggs.

Not super into overly girly things or religious things but I like Jewelry especially funky earrings.

Crafts:

Funky/Unusal Earrings or Rings ( I have some that rubber chickens lol thats what I mean by funky)
A knitted Scarf/Hat Set for Me Love bright colors or any weird designs like fruit but normal and neutral is cool too.
Any V-Neck Large Size Shirts with a cool design on them
Any Cool Hand painted Size 6 Shoes for Me
12month old size boy clothes that are more cool than store stuff maybe with video game/tv designs or quotes, Monkeys, or musical things
Monkey Themed Scarf/Hat Set for Stryker
Large Tall Hoodie for the bf with some kind of Mass Effect Design (video game)
Any kind of Knit/Felt/Crochet Food for kids maybe something different than just fruit
Anything Mass Effect Themed for Andrew
Any Cool things for my desk to hold supplies They have to be solid black though Sad
Something from my wists http://www.wists.com/hollistercobabe

Supplies:

Yarn
Safety Eyes
Cookie cutters
Baking Stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
dannispring240
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011 09:00:40 PM »

Hey guys! My name is Dannielle, I'm 23,  and I am kind of a geek Tongue I love nintendo (mario kart, link, kirby) and am a HUGE macintosh user. I have just finished my AA in Graphic Design and I just transfered to Long Beach State for my BFA in the same area. I live in Southern California with my dad, older brother, and little sister. I am also dating a 6 foot, 100% Korean, cutie pie Cheesy I love movies like Pride and Prejudice, Zombie Land, and Wall-E. My favorite shows right now are The Office (US Version), and Family Guy. As well as my favorite colors are blue, black, green, and brown. Other than all that information, my style is on the edgey side. Such as I wear dresses with a leather jacket, or tight skinny jeans with a rock n roll t-shirt.

As for sizes, I am usually a XL (size 16) Measurements are around: 47, 37, 45. I am 5 feet even.

crafts

jewelry
long multi chain necklace http://wists.com/dannispring240/12b49096468f736557da13900b0edad1
   - i prefer silver over gold. feel free to add color.

heart themed loaded charm bracelet http://wists.com/dannispring240/79f0ae10be321353b9cddfe09d747261
   -I would love one in Black and Yellow (my school colors)

wrist watch http://wists.com/dannispring240/169bce516d13e6854f8baa60f295f810
   - want something simple but unique. this one seemed fun and easy

heart bookmark http://wists.com/dannispring240/da7c46b5612076a41af0cc62ccbc2fd7

headband
   - i was thinking something with flowers. it can either be silk flowers or a zipper one.    something subtle fun girly
   - http://wists.com/dannispring240/a118c90c8d492cff4d5ea90de38f81d7
   - http://wists.com/dannispring240/dc4cd18f662ca5a0ebbe70246d46f4f2
   - http://wists.com/dannispring240/d82cdd70813976b267fc6b0c14a563fd

sewing
a set reusable bags http://wists.com/dannispring240/bf4df8a8be0b9038fc8f99dacfaa78d2
   - by set i mean 2 or 3 or so. it depends on how many you can do in a couple of hours.
   -fabrics can be anything. i am very open in my range; from solids all the way to "racey"    pin up prints.

large fabric basket
   - i need something durable to hold my yarn.
   - inspiration: http://wists.com/dannispring240/095b6321987be1ff66e7f65e0dd6bc0a
   - but it can be one that ties, so it folds up flat http://wists.com/dannispring240/086022428a8a934bc6a120d7afa42b5a

Adobe Creative Suite pillows http://wists.com/dannispring240/71c6da34d4e72235fea118d991d3f32c
   - my favorite programs are Photoshop, InDesign, and Illistrator

purse organizer http://wists.com/dannispring240/f48a068b00b1f38322f8bff186cfc65d

coin purse: http://wists.com/dannispring240/627d4d617d3d8590bb52128ecd5bf7f5?offset=0
       - have fun with fabrics, does not have to be cupcake themed

paper

a recycled art journal http://wists.com/dannispring240/93f472fb9ccc918985485da3b78ba1f5
   - wanted something unique that was relatively blank so i can fill it with mementos from my current relationship. the link is a great representation to what i want.

pride and prejudice pencils http://wists.com/dannispring240/fa4805c38396353aef728da2f328414b

crochet/knit (even if the link shows an item in knit, a crocheted version is great too! (and vice versa))

a shrug http://wists.com/dannispring240/59344c6cee225f7f4923c7d2861eece8
   -i love the length and style in the link.
   - colors: any dark neutral (black, brown, dark blue, burgundy, etc)

painting

a black shirt that says "I <3 Korean Boys" http://wists.com/dannispring240/fb9511e56cf3ac4dfeb1051b59ef7d38
   - womens XL

a shirt saying "Irish Pride" or "German Pride"
   -black, womens XL
   -http://wists.com/dannispring240/be22e0fc8502b226fc503eea2493403e
   -http://wists.com/dannispring240/0b546e66165707b91970b0547c1e39a7

fall out boy pouch http://wists.com/dannispring240/c212e2b0345e60858aebe25da8ebfbfb

buttons

i am a huge MAC user, so these are awesome.
   -http://wists.com/dannispring240/7bc2b026882842657f553281287bf28c
   -http://wists.com/dannispring240/86c468ac5aa95af1ae0d0bd5fac7707f
   -http://wists.com/dannispring240/e10e6e49bfa667db62aee378b2ae5115

anything else on my etsy

Supplies
hot glue sticks
elastic (any width)
M -10 size crochet hook
double ended crochet hook
jewelry charms (any)
jewelry needles
fabric paint (not the puffy ones)
glitter
modge podge
sewing thread
interfacing (sew in or iron on)
purse handles
D-rings

Other

chocolate peanut butter cups (my boyfriend loves them)

sour patch kids for me Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011 09:10:05 PM by dannispring240 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
jlh326
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2011 07:11:56 PM »

Hi, my name is Jessica. I live in Kansas City. I am 29 yr old single mother, of a great 5yr old boy. i live to craft. I love learning new things. I work from home as a customer service rep. I love my family, indie/alternative music, movies. i love all things girly. I am a simpleton, plain jane. I love soft, subtle, pink/pastel. i am kind of digging owls right now. i am a home body. i'm happy when i am crafting. i am very easy to please. i'm tall, size large. no specific themes/favorites. pls nothing "adult." pls no smokers, pets. thanks if you pick me!!

crafts:
for my son:
*anything video games related:mario, sonic, lego (indiana jones, star wars, batman)
*video game carry case/wallet:to hold nintendo dsi and/or games
*anything lego
*movie related:wall-e, despicable me, transformers, nightmare before christmas, star wars, indiana jones,
*anything educational/entertaining:games, books
*with his name:Jack(tshirt, bag, wall art)
*robot/non-scary monster stuff:plushie
*amurigami
*lapboard

for my roommate/cousin(male)xl:
*anything steampunk
*horror movie items:shirt, masks, figures, poster

for myself:
*checkout my wist:http://www.wists.com/Jlh326
*wearable accessory:scarf, scoody, hat, gloves, mittens, slippers(large-10), shawl
*lap blanket, quilt
*cool homemade soaps
*lip balm-prefer no mint, would like fruit/sweet
*neck pillow
*cool pillows
*how-to/patterns-sew/knit/crochet/embroider-purse/bag, clothing
*fun sewing machine cover
http://new.singerco.com/products/detail/1556
*fun serger cover
http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/Machines/Sergers/Magnolia_7034D
*ironing board cover-table top size
*travel kleenex pouch
*reusable car/travel trash bag
*needle book/wallet
*lace
*stained glass kit/supplies
*15" laptop sleeve
*Lavender sachets
*snuggy

randoms to gift:
*anything glee(sister, niece)
*calendar(gma)
*photo albums(friend, mother)
*rosaries(gma, mother)
*squid stuff(teeange niece)
*cat stuff(teenage niece)
*teacher stuff(sister)

supplies:
*needle felting supplies/kit
*screen printing supplies/kit
*embroidery supplies-thread, hoops, needles
*applique supplies(wonder-under)
*material-anything, cute, fun, color, cotton, wool, corduroy,
*yarn-hand-spun, hand dyed, anything!
*knitting loom-long/straight/skinny kind, or small-flower maker, loom clips
*resin kit/supplies
*beads-anything
*buttons-anything
*tshirt:plain light colored tshirts:
boys small, womens med, large, xlarge, mens large, xlarge
*sewing machine foot:zipper foot, embroidery foot(?) singer-"simple" machine
http://new.singerco.com/products/detail/1556
*ribbon
*rivets
*thread-any color
*feathers
*colored felt
*pin backs
*paint-acrylic
*mod podge/glue
*xacto knife/blade
*awl/leather punch
*serger thread-sets, any color
*safety pins
*straight pins with cute heads
*purse hardware-chains, handles
*zippers-any length, color
*lace
*weaving-supplies/kit
*colored safety eyes
*tiles for mosaics

Big wishes:
*laminating machine and laminating sheets
*cutting mats/tools
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PureOath
Raconteur Extraordinare

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2011 08:02:37 PM »

Hi! My name is Kate and I currently live in rural Louisiana with my military husband. In nine months we will live anywhere else. I am thrilled.  Cheesy

I have a lot of interests, but most of them pertain to classic literature and film. I'm almost finished with my BA in Media Studies and plan to begin Master's level work this fall. I'm a freelance writer who occasionally manages to get published on AOL and other smaller sites. My favorite TV Shows are Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock and Community. I love colors in bright combinations, knits and geometrical patterns. (I'd kill someone for a Huxtable sweater.) My style is definitely a bit on the nerdly side.

I also love vintage and antique items related to medicinal quackery. Phrenology and lobotomy are two of my more perverse fascinations. I'd love a tiny Radio Disease Killer. http://www.americanartifacts.com/smma/abrams/rdk.htm.

I am a 5'6 size Large. I don't know my measurements, but I have huge boobs and hips and a pooch of medium proportions.

This is my Wist. It is not comprehensive, but it gives a good rundown of my tastes.

http://www.wists.com/PureOath

Crafts I Want:

* a needle book

* mugs for tea

* t-shirts featuring famous writers

* a fascinator or headband featuring cool feathers

* girly knit caps

* bookends