A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC Second Chance Wishlist Round 2 - Sign-ups CLOSED  (Read 20262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« on: January 12, 2011 08:34:40 AM »

THIS SWAP IS NOW CLOSED FOR CLAIMS. If you need to redeem feedback, please send to your original partner if possible, or check the Swap Angel board for sending opportunities.

Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=370225.0

Swap name: FOC Second Chance Wishlist Round 2
Craftster members who are organizing this swap: jungrrl & rackycoo
Sign-up date range: January 12 through February 9
Date to send item by: Two weeks past the date the list was chosen

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? 16+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: FOCs - YES, Users with Negs - Not necessarily.
- Is a Friend of Craftster OR has negative feedback: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO this swap is specifically set up to help those members with negative feedback. Smiley
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES

Details of swap:

If you would like to participate, please read ALL of the information in this post thoroughly.

Though there are quite a few Craftster members who have negative feedback, angel opportunities can be hard to come by.  At the beginning of 2009 we ran the FOC 2nd Chance Wishlist swap, in order to provide opportunities for those members who needed to clear their negative feedback during our amnesty period.  However, since we have made our duplicate account policies more clear and more users are in the situation of having old negative feedback moved to new accounts, and there are many other members without duplicate accounts who need opportunities to set their accounts in good standing, we have decided to run this swap again.  

As with the previous version of this swap, Friends of Craftster in good swap standing and users with negative feedback (who have NOT been banned from swapping) may participate. Here's how it works:

Friends of Craftster:

As long as you are a FOC when you post your list, you are eligible.  Since you will not be sending in this swap, you may join even if you are at your 5 swap limit. You may only post once and once you have been chosen, your list will be removed. Unlike most swaps, for this swap you will need to post your wishlist FIRST and THEN PM both jungrrl & rackycoo.  Due to our method of tracking, this will be easiest for us.  If you are found to be ineligible, your post will be removed without notice.

Remember, the more realistic your list, and the more items you include, the better chance you have of getting chosen! If you are chosen, your list will be removed and your swapper will send you a few items from your list. The swapper will choose one large or two mediums, and then two of your small items OR the equivalent of the swap they received a negative for. When you receive, you will pm both jungrrl and rackycoo so we can fix your sender's feedback, and then you will post in the gallery and include a nice thank you message to your sender. Feedback will not be entered for this swap, as FOCs will not actually be swapping and senders will be getting a negative removed from their profile.

Because this is not a regular swap, there is a chance that either you will not get chosen, or you might get flaked on after you are picked. Please note that there will be no angels for this swap. If you don't receive, though, there is no loss as you will not be sending out items to your swapper.

If you received in the last round, you're encouraged to sit out this round. This won't be enforced but it's the nice thing to do. Smiley

Users with Negative Feedback:

You do not need to send a PM just to sign-up. Just PM once you've chosen a list.

Please send to one FOC per negative you've received. You do not need to clear all of your negatives during this swap, but you are allowed to clear multiple negatives by choosing multiple lists. Please choose one large or two mediums, and then two of small items from each list. If the swap you've received a negative for required a significantly smaller package (If, for example, you did not complete a "One Tiny Thing" swap), you may contact us prior to choosing for permission to send a smaller package. If you do not contact us beforehand and send a smaller package anyway, your feedback will not be reversed.

Once you have selected a Friend of Craftster to send to, PM both jungrrl and rackycoo the relevant questionnaire below.  You MUST PM both jungrrl and rackycoo each time you choose a list and each time you send. When you send your package you must purchase Delivery Confirmation if you are sending within the US. If you are sending within or between any other countries you will need to provide a scan or picture of your receipt when you send. This is not required in regular Craftster swaps, but will be required in this swap.

Once your package has been received, one negative will be changed to positive.  The previous organizer comments will remain, but we will add that you successfully completed the FOC swap to redeem your feedback.

If you claim someone in this swap, you will need to complete your obligations. If you do not send a package to someone that you claim you will be permanently banned from swapping. This is in line with current swap rules.

All participants:

Since both organizers work for Craftster, we will be easiest to contact during working hours.  During the evenings or weekends you may not receive a response right away.  We will get back to you as soon as we can.  

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
(Please put FOC Wishlist in the subject line of any PMs regarding this swap!)

QUESTIONNAIRE FOR FOCs to fill out:

Name of swap: FOC wishlist
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country

I am a FOC, and I understand that this swap was specifically formed to help people redeem feedback. Upon receiving, I will post pictures to the gallery and thank my sender. I also understand that in the event I do not receive from this swap, no angels will be provided. YES/NO

QUESTIONNAIRE FOR USERS WITH NEGs to fill out:

Name of swap: FOC wishlist
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:

Does your profile say you are banned from swapping?: YES/NO

Have you ever received a PM from jungrrl regarding a previous username?:

If you have ever had another username please list it here:

Who are you choosing to send to:

What is the send by date for this package? (2 weeks from today):

What items will you be sending (please copy directly from the wishlist):

I currently have negative feedback but have not been banned from swapping, and I understand that this swap was specifically formed to help people redeem feedback. I will PM both jungrrl & rackycoo with Delivery Confirmation numbers or pictures of my receipt when I send. I also understand that in the event I do not complete the obligations I sign up for in this swap, I will be banned from swapping. YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
Unclaimed FOCs (Click on username to view list):
tattooedcrafter
MareMare
sarahj2001
MissingWillow
peihan17
Whistley
1boy1girl1kitty2
craftylittlemonkey
lacey0828
AlyssaKnits
hgddm
icebyrd67
atsuko
sloth003
SaralaAnne
RedMenace
How Lovely
J_Kieviet
cackle
jemimah
kitkat_pro
bellyjewel
avesthel
DesignVigilante
spectrumsparksie
Troublet
cricket416
luckdragon
dinkime
Slingmomma
KrisCreates
ollieorange
craftADDchick
fishstix43
quaggy
missmuffcake
QueenNinjaMonkey
gatheredthreads
Onyxnox
NatACT
blue_lalita
Kitten Wrangler
mezcraft
karin_
loukr
Averia
phoenixfiredesigns
SevsOnlyGirl
MizzKodak
astormorray
EkkaGrrl
schultebunny
EvilRachel
VegasZombie
mxer145
greenfaerie
minathia
Alchamy513
ChrisSews
kjlutz
suereal
gavagai
thelastkodama
missmoppet
imbettinonalice
hollistercobabe
dannispring240
jlh326
PureOath
camelama
Tygermane
frosty772
meggy_doodle
edie22
littlebluegirl
maurer

Claims (You may click on the recipients name to find their list):

Send by January 26
iheartzb to lovesclutter
prairiefire to SonjaBoo
Luckylilcraftergal to Calabaza
dragonflower to redflags
genuinewhimsy to kartiana
tinkstar390 to kaz814
rabid.dustbunny to mouseatethekitty
turtleslovecabbage to GiddyUpMunky
bkrenning4 to Dawl

Send by January 27
badpuppy to MissCrafty29
bmd1011 to StickerChic87
Missing_Muse to RoaneFaery
whisp3rd to oneredboot
bsonlytoots to puzzler

Send by January 28
Feline2001 to annachronism
ravenztarot to opheliapoe

Send by January 31
EnginerdLisa tot craftaddiction
saylo to Annchen
mamafen to WideEyedLife
norahkate to nilmerg
maps to Phizzychick

Send by February 3
Sejimara to gamemom42
AprilInAutumn to calluna
thunderchild to sophieangele
iheartzb to beckashell
bsonlytoots to babalina58

Send by February 4
Slyfox to AlishaMisha
SaphireFaerie to Rousseline

Send by February 7
lafemmefatale to Pixiefirefly

Send by February 8
jeniferpi to nostephot

Send by February 10
Dragonflower to edelC

Send by February 11
ghanne to SAHMama
missgabbielynn to sugaree
missgabbielynn to dreadlocklove

Send by February 14
Lilak Tygress to mimiw
missgabbielynn to bobbiemay

Send by February 15
Sejimara to imafundork
ravenztarot to evilSabina

Send by February 17
AprilInAutumn to dharma_rebel

Send by February 21
Shablina to tankrgrl
crescentfresh to Opalgryphon

Send by February 22
Aidenromantic to teachart
Aidenromantic to jennilocker

Send by February 23
Dragonflower to redpopsicles
The_ChiHa to Retro_Rose

Send by February 24
Distant_Twilight to Miss Barbara
Distant_Twilight to Belladune

Lists that have already been chosen can be found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=369835.0
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011 11:11:07 AM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011 08:35:42 AM »

Co-organizer!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011 09:34:39 AM »

I live in Reno Nevada. I love plaids and polka dots, my fave colors are blues, greens, black, gray and silver but I dont mind some pink now and again, I do not like purple or yellow until it is a really awesome print, like cupcakes or giraffes or something. I think my wist and ravelry show a lot about what kinds of stuff I like and Im trying to make everything very broad so Im easy to craft for. Im a Buddhist. I have so many crafts that I love to do but crocheting knitting sewing and polymer clay are my faves. Im hopeless romantic and married to the man of my dreams and we have 1 son together who is 5. I also have a guinea pig and chinchilla, they are my other babies. Im a big fan of Natalie Dee, my faves are anxiety girl and the masked procrastinator. I have a really bad allergy to some mysterious thing that Ive been trying to get control of for the past 2 months so please do not wash anything with laundry soap unless its purex or homemade, no fabric softener or anything and Im allergic to nickel and artificial sweetener.
Crafted
Socks they have to be really long or really short or felted slippers  (I love the French press ones on ravelry)
Skirts, 20-24 long with elastic waistbands (36 waist) or wrap skirt, patchwork skirts are awesome too
A doll, lots of ideas on my wist
Fluffy things, I have lots on my wist
Pj pants, fleece, flannel or cotton, I dont really care
Anything Buddha related or wrist mala
Wall art of some kind especially embroidered art in the hoops
Slouchy hat or wrist warmers or glittens or legwarmers (something to keep the snow out of my boots) it gets really cold here ( black, gray, or white)
Deadpool, captain America, Buddha or giraffe sock monkey
Miniatures, even Halloween ones
Decorated tank tops, my favorite are ribbed ones from walmart or old navy in medium, I like the ones with the knitted back on them http://www.wists.com/tattooedcrafter/88d42c6b7685ad181782bd52ff7cad21?offset=320 or with buttons but Im open to lots of different kinds
Cute hair clips, no headbands
Weekender bag
Surprise me, I have lots of stuff on my wist and ravelry

Supplies
Fabric, big enough to make a skirt out of or scraps for gibbous type things and lace of any kind (I really want to make a cupcake dress)
Spinning fiber, dyed or not, Im still learning
Yarn, Ill take any kind
Buttons
Polymer clay or clay supplies
Kits I can do with my son who will be 5 next month
Stamp carving supplies or kit
Needle felting stuff, I really want to learn
Resin molds or clay molds
Zippers of all shapes, sizes and colors.
Old sweaters so I can cut them up a make a sweater like this http://www.wists.com/57a88cef06f91cff1b14bf99829dcc1e?q=sweater&offset=0 or http://www.wists.com/3dffa72a40c6fb34e0c419a147c7d0b4?q=coat&offset=0

Extras
Tea, hot cocoa, hot cider, or instant flavored coffee drinks
Interesting candy
Thimbles (I collect them)
Cute socks, I love buying the cheap ones at walmart or the $store either super short or over the knee
Stickers of any kind but mostly for my sons reward chart, smiley faces and other cute little ones
Safety eyes
Candles

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011 09:38:24 AM »

Hi all! I'm Mary Ann and I live in Portland, Oregon. I have skin allergies so I cannot wear any jewelry.

Wishlist~

Crafted Items
-Fingerless gloves or knucks. The kind that have fingers but not fingertips. I have one lovely pair and could use more because I have RA and my joints are often sore and swollen. Um, I have large hands for a girl!
-Colorful scarf and/or cowl. I have a lot of neutrals, would love a bright pink or turquoise neck warmer.
-a scoodie. Any colors, sewn, crocheted, or knit. Please no mohair or itchy wool though.
-Art work for my wall! Please see my wists for ideas. Abstracts or florals would be great, any method (paint/embroidered/fabric/whatever)
-Placemats or cloth napkins.
-A framed embroidery that says "Hit the toilet, dummy" with an embroidered bar of soap Grin
-handmade book or journal
-Some kind of centerpiece for my dining room table. Something classy/simple.
-zippered change purse or wallet with lots of compartments
-car organizer or garbage holder
-sewing organizer that goes under sewing machine and has pockets
-pin cushion with scrap bag for sewing. Really wide scrap bag please, I've had narrow ones before but they were too hard to use.
-knit or crocheted socks or slippers. I have large feet! size 11
-any type of toy/game/or dress up item that little boys might like. I have 3 nephews ages 6 1/2, 5, and 2 1/2. Capes would be cool or fun hats

Craft Supplies:

-Unusually shaped silicone ice cube trays to use as soap molds
-Cotton fabric, especially if its Michale Miller (drool!) or nice quality solids
-Patterns for nifty knitter knitting
-Soft Grip crochet hooks, I think Clover brand? I really could use G and H
-Paperback books with fun covers to make into wallets (or just the covers, you dont have to send the bookunless I might want to read it! Lol)
-Some of those thin flour sack towels to embroider on.
-A large embroidery hoop or one of those snap frames (I only have a 6 inch hoop I think)
-kids fabric for boys

Wisty Surprises are always welcome too!
http://www.wists.com/maremare312
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011 10:18:31 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011 09:53:18 AM »

Hey!  I'm Sarah and I live in Aurora, OH.  I'm 27 and have a wonderful husband named Brad.   We currently have 6 cats (Karen (the mom), Nate (daddy), Sancho, Vickie, Tyrone (who is a girl), and Pocahontas.  We also have 2 dogs Ted and Ginger. I am not allergic to anything so no need to worry about that.

My biggest hobby right now is Roller Derby.  My derby name is Tammy ToeStop. I also love biking and running at the gym.  My other hobby is riding my pink scooter.

My favorite color is pink and I love weird tacky stuff.  I also love crafts involving food (like how I put food in resin
or miniature food or whatever).

*  Double Pointed Needle Organizer - maybe something like this: http://www.wists.com/SarahJ2001/e51a6bccf0c3713970dd3ba5ec1671e0?offset=20
*  Circular Needle Organizer - something similar to teh double pointed one just big enough for the cables
*  Derby Skirt (several in my wists)
*  An everyday purse - something smallish - maybe brown - several in my wists
*  Candles
*  Stenciled Shirt (several in my wists - Size Men's Small - No white shirts or puffy paint please!)
*  Ruffle Top: http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=791
*  Sandal Socks: http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=791
*  Anything roller derby related - my derby name is Tammy ToeStop (anything with that on it would be cool)
*  Anything for my husband - he is a referee for Roller Derby and his name is Brad to the Bone. Maybe a shirt or something? Size Large
*  Anything from my wists:  www.wists.com/SarahJ2001

Craft Supplies:
Fiber to spin!!
Yarn
Thread - any color
Crochet Hooks (any size except H, D, G, N, K, or I)
Any size circular or double pointed knitting needles
Some sort of sewing machine bobbin holder (I'm so unorganized with them!)

Extras:
Any yummy candy for the husband
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011 09:55:47 AM »

Hi, I'm Connie.  I live on a farm in Virginia and I'd love for you to craft for my farm!

I'd love something crafted that features any of the breeds of animals we're raising.  I'll be happy to provide photos.  We raise:
Texel sheep
Nubian goats
Oberhasli goats
Border collie
Great pyrenees
Karakachan (dog)
Bees

I love mixed media curios/shrines/altered art
A ceramic piece (I have a few favorites on my wist)
Wine colored knitted mittens to match a hat I received in a swap
Knitted socks in a jewel tone color, or scrappy socks
12 cloth dinner napkins in a soft green/plum color theme
A project bag with lots of pockets
A bee or zombie themed tea wallet
A jar of whimsies
Toys for our new sphynx kitten
A wisty surprise   http://wists.com/missingwillow

Supplies I'd love to receive:
Bails
Reptile eyes
A ouija board (I have a future project in mind and can't find one)
Silver colored charms
Ephemera
Needle felting supplies

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011 07:53:38 PM by MissingWillow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

peihan17
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011 10:29:08 AM »

Hi, my name is Peihan, and I live in Maryland (USA), just over the DC border.  There a couple of things that I've been wanting, but haven't been able to swap for, since most swaps are for making/receiving similar items Smiley  I'm 29, will be married 3 years this year, have a puffy, mellow cat named Meowy Cat.  I like running, especially out on the trails and I do biology research when I'm not crafting.  I also like to bake Smiley

I really like the Simpsons, Tool, cute things like cats/monkeys/gnomes.  I also like trees/forests/leaves and chocolate, esp Lindt!

I don't really like scented things or pink things.  I also can't wear most metal jewelry, but really like necklaces.  Thanks for considering me!

Crafts:

*A knitted amigurumi, like (but not restricted to) the ones here: http://mochimochiland.com/shop/category/knitting-patterns/
I like cute, brightly colored things, preferably not too much pink =)
*A tote for carrying my WIPs around in.  Maybe with a zippered top?  That would be awesome.
*A cowl, preferably the kind that you can button, not the pull-over-head kind.
*An apron.  Preferably the full sized kind, not the lap kind.
*Something embroidered or cross stitched in a hoop, since I've started a wall that's going to be decorated with all hoops!  Possible ideas: trees, cats,
*Fingerless gloves, because I only have one pair that I love.  I'm really liking jewel tones right now, like winey red, dark blue, emerald green.
*Little rug/bed for the kitty, because she only likes one a time and I'd like to give her more choices of places to sleep =)
*Waterproof place mat for the cat's food and water bowls.
*Something from my wist: http://wists.com/peihan17  or my etsy favorites: http://www.etsy.com/people/peihan17/favorites  Both are being constantly updated Smiley

Supplies:

*I'd like to learn how to knit, maybe some of the more commonly used sized of needles?  Circular, DPN, some other kind?  Or a how-to knitting book.
*Tunisian crochet hook, any size
*Embroidery floss, any colors!
*Wool felt, even little pieces.
*Safety eyes, any size
*Yarn, preferably natural fibers or blends, like wool, cotton, etc.  Especially wine/dark red, dark blue, emerald green.
*Cookie cutters, I can always use more =)  Preferably not seasonal shapes, like snowmen.
*Fat quarters, pretty much anything.  The ones with more subtle designs are great for embroidering on!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011 03:47:35 PM by peihan17 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011 10:32:36 AM »

About Me:
I am a crafty stay at home mommy of 2 wonderful kids my budding craftster is almost 4 and my little mischief is 2. Also baby number 3 will be making his entrance into the world near the end of February. My Husbee is my best friend and the love of my life. We live in Utah, USA.

Things I love:
My  family, The Princess Bride (both book and movie), Doctor Who (the new series), The RCMP (Canadian Mounties) Smiley, bright and fun colors my favorite color is purple, fun and silly things I always need a good laugh, my favorite animals are pembroke welsh corgis,  red pandas and bats, I collect childrens picture books and things related to them (toys, activities, finger puppets, etc.). My fave childrens book is the Little Prince. I love fun things I can do with my kids - games, etc.  In general I prefer things I can use to knick-knacky stuff however, I love a good plushie or amigurumi.

Were allergic to smoke and I dont like mature themes, neon colors or scary/gory stuff.  Smiley

Crafts (in no particular order)
* anything for new baby boy (he's due in 5 weeks)

* anything from my wist: www.wists.com/whistley
(follow the links on my wist, the pics arent always the right ones)

* anything inspired by my about me above

* a Fezzik (from the Princess Bride) plushie

* hand spun/dyed yarn would totally make my day!

* a busy/activity book for my older kids

* taggie blanket for new baby

* a fun thread catcher

* a fun pincushion (love the hedgehog or cactus ones)

* a Spiderman/Marvel comics/dragon themed wallet for my hubby

* fun knitting or crochet stitch markers

* a spinning kit (how to + supplies to get me started)

* a diaper bag

* a knitting project bag

* onesies/bibs with a princess bride or doctor who theme for new baby

* ties for my son (like daddys tie but smaller, hes almost 3)

* an art tote for my 4 year old daughter (theres one on my wist)

* insulated bottle bag (for new baby)

Craft Supplies
* 3.0 mm crochet hook

* super nice yarn. Hand spun would be amazing any colors, or just some nice -not acrylic- yarn (Im ready to venture away from Red Heart and Caron simply soft)

* scrabble tiles

* sharpies Cheesy

* shrink plastic (shrinky dinks)

* row/stitch counters for knitting/crocheting

Feel free to pm me. Thanks for crafting for me!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011 12:51:03 PM by Whistley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011 11:05:22 AM »

Hi! i'm Jamie, mom of 4 and wife to one more lol. we live in rural saskatchewan. I'm an eclectic hippie. i'm a sahm, we cloth diaper, reuse and recycle as much as we can. I'm currently trying to lose weight gained after having 4 babies in 7.25 years - 55 down 45 to go.

I have both a USA and a Canadian shipping address just ask for whichever one you need

Size: xl or xxl for comfyness - not sure i've lost 55lbs and plan to lose another 45
Favorite Color: browns- chocolate, neutrals - tan, moss, jewel tones - plum, teal, burgundy, silver rather than gold
Favorite candy: I am bordering on being diabetic so please no sweets
Hobbies: sewing (but usually never for me), i crochet and knit, i make jewelry, hand embroider (although not very much anymore), card make, i am hoping to get a dslr soon
Seasonal likes: love valentines day but have nothing to craft anything out of. i'd love to decorate this year with a vintage theme, no cinnamon scented thing at all it give me a migraine

Things i like/need:
my wists is up to date and ready for picking - there are also examples of fabrics and things on my list on my wists http://www.wists.com/1boy1girl1bitty2
handmade buttons
anything tilda - http://www.tildastown.com/?gclid=CNvlkpWvtaYCFQqAgwodvnNOHw
needle roll for my ever expanding collection of knitting needles, dpn's, and circs
knitting project bag sock sized
art journal/book (more for the art content than the writing space)
handspun yarn (nothing too thin though please)
yarn bowl
full apron (like one of those dorky houswife ones lol)
hazel wood jewelery (necklace or bracelet)
20 oz coffee mug
warm wool or fuzzy soft ankle socks for bedtime (i wear shoe size 8.5 wide)
thrummed mitts (i have long hands)
QSFW (quick snap flat wrap) in size large
nice cloth gift bags (for adults and/or kids various sizes but no bigger than 9x13)
die 20 pendant any colour but black
lanyard or wrist strap for my cell phone
mini masquarde mask hair barrette/pin (example: http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb5/EmpressEarthHC/mask.jpg )
rockabilly wiggle skirt (pm for measurents)
soft structured workout tank tops (dark colours)
handmade flowers (paper, felt, silk etc) in yellow or white for a bouquet im working on

SUPPLIES
**desperate wish** white, yellow, or black ostrich feathers
**BIG wish** patterned white or yellow 12x12 scrapbooking papers
**HUGE WISH** simply screen screens (i only have the rock /guitar/stars one but there are a few on my wist i really want)
**big wishh** i just got a cuttlebug embosser/die cutter and need whimsical folders and dies for it
fun fat quarters
1" puch for making pendants
sharpies
scrabooking supplies for making cards (stamps, inks, markers, buttons, brads, paper but not stickers)
worseted weight yarn (please no acrylic or novelty)
interlock/jersey knit prints (like superman, girly skulls, cassettes, headphones)
doll making interlock - all skin tones
a niddy noddy!
ladies WOOL sweaters for felting
garnet gemstones (my birthstone - you can pick up a handful on ebay for cheap)
swarovski crystals in clear, yellow, and black small to medium sizes
mint and lime EO (for a lotion recipe i was given by a NP)
liquid lanolin
round marble glass thingys for making magnets
exotic or fun feathers and many colour and natural
skeleton goddess cameo mold

CRAFT BOOKS and KITS
doodle stitching fresh and fun embroidery for beginners
bend the rules sewing
simple gifts to stitch
last minute patchwork and quilted gifts
metal stamping kit
starter resin kit

EXTRAS
inchies (nothing dark - please fun and bright)
wool wash in sample size (food scents)
soap nuts
scrabble tiles
empty altoid (or similar) sized tin for altered art
altoids smalls in winter green (cant get them in canada)

I value a handmade gift (by you or someone else) handmade has so much love and care go into every part of it and i find that beautiful. But honestly anything will awesome especially if its from my wish list

Please stay away from:
anything strong scented - food smells are ok in moderation
Coffee/Tea - i'm very selective
Momma Cloth
Bath soaps/lotions
Candles
books - i do more audiobooks than actual reading
bags or purses (unless specifically listed above) i just donated a bunch
jewelery other than whats listed above
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011 11:13:17 AM by 1boy1girl1kitty2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011 11:12:13 AM »

Hi! I am a craftylittlemonkeymama of 2 small craftylittlemonkeys, one nearly 10 year old boy and a 3.5 year old girly girl. The 3 of us love crafts.

We're in Ontario, Canada but Gramma lives right across the border from us so
mail can be sent to us in either Canada or the USofA.

I am a social activist, eco conscious, vegetarian, feminist, frugal practicer of volunary simplicity, in other words weirdo hippie bohemian  Wink.
Some themes I like are nature, earth magic, Teesha Moore, Gustav Klimt, deco and art and craft era of design, cute, creepy, creepy-cute, ethereal, colourful, mysterious, morose. Things that make people stop and ask you where in the world you got something so wonderful/unique/bizarre/amazing. I like cute stuff and earthy stuff and strange but interesting stuff and original ideas and adorable things and kid stuff and nature stuff and recycled/reused stuff. My colours are earth tones, jewel tones, rainbow brite, I'm not a fan of too much neon or pastel. I like practical things we can use, that's my favourite sort of craft.
We love nature and ecology so anything recycled is terrific.

I have a few pages of favourites in flickr, actual items but also just the style of things I enjoy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftylittlemonkey/favorites/page1/?view=sq

Here are some ideas of specific things I like

Big Stuff: (all knit or crochet, things I am not great at myself)
Clapotis http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=103813.0
Entrelac Scarf http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=144573.0  http://www.flickr.com/photos/cauchycomplete/169308727/
Free Range Kelpy Wrap http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=194740.0
Pinwheel baby jacket http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=120608.0
Zigzag skirt in either grown up or kid size for my wee girl http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATThemp.html
Kimono shrug (I love these colours) http://www.etsy.com/listing/5835254/lorakeet-kimono-shrug-reserved-for
Noro shawl http://www.flickr.com/photos/westieluvr/2110913258/in/set-72157600534354338/
Cable afghan http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=206458.msg2205469;topicseen#msg2205469

Smaller stuff: some of this might still be considered med-large in time and effort.
Elf socks/slippers http://www.ariadneknits.com/patterns/kate_lise_boots.html
http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2009/09/crochet_elf_slippers.html
Beaded chapstick holder http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=222136.0
Fold-up shopping bag http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=209511.0
Knit hat for me or small girl http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=146910.msg1449446#msg1449446
http://www.flickr.com/photos/earthlyfae/3730200612/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/earthlyfae/3727960032/in/photostream/
http://photos1.blogger.com/photoInclude/blogger/2991/1175/1600/IMG_5858.12.jpg
http://www.etsy.com/listing/11185474/fuzzy-rose-pink-baby-cupcake-hat-0-6
Teeny knit octopus http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=216458.msg2327505#msg2327505
Mini mitten garland http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/the-prettiest-garlands-to-adorn-your-christmas-tree-2413684
Knit socks http://www.flickr.com/photos/westieluvr/769412493/in/set-72157600534354338/
Fridge magnets of fun and funny things
Holiday/tree decorations, we have a funky collection
Wool drier balls
Bowls made of coconut shells (eventually I want a whole kitchen set made of coconut shells, utensils, cups, etc)
Stationary, note paper, envelops and cards
I am working on fiber art books and quilts so small decorated squares or crafting items for those projects would be great.
Handmade all natural soap
Decorated tshirts for the kids or other fun/play clothes

Some things I probably wouldn't be able to make good use of are jewelry, hair items, ipod/cell phone, computer or car things, key dangly (will def get broken straight away, I abuse my keys!). Anything commercial, TV or popular media related, cartoon, gangstar, overly religious, too creepy or gory, hip, trendy, young. I am not so cool anymore in my old age.
I'd prefer not to get any candy, nothing scented, nothing too large as we have a small house. I don't have room for cushions or wall art or too many little decorative things. No allergies but not fond of smoke. I'm fairly sensitive to fragrances too though essential oils are ok.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011 03:11:58 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Star Crush: Chic, Stylish, Effortless Charlize Theron
Street Chic: Shoreditch, London Style
$50 Dollar Makeovers With Rachael Ray
Anne Hathaway Glitters in Gold Just Days Before the Oscars
Wear the Checker-Print Trend With a Pair of Easy DIY Flats
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...