A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three Tiny Movie Things Gallery  (Read 16027 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sylvanna

What the what?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011 11:27:59 AM »

Love the french maid cap...and the walrus is looking so stylish in it  Grin The magnet is fab too. I only watched The Princess Bride for the first time recently and loved it - I don't know how it managed to pass me by before!!

Love the SotD stickers as well...I think that film might have to go on my list for the next round  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011 01:07:29 PM »

I received!!!!!!!!
Ryn and I sent and got our packages on the SAME DAYS! How freakin' cool is that? -heart flutters- WAIT until you see what she sent me; you'll all be jealous. ^^ (I'm jealous of her SKILLS!) Okay, the movies she crafted from Were Howl's Moving Castle, Push, and The Italian Job. Here's what I got! (SORRY IN ADVANCE IF I SHORT CIRCUIT ANY COMPUTERS T_T)
La-la-la... walking out to the market to buy some milk and what.. WHAT IS THIS??

OMG! My package!! Raced home with two gallons of milk clutching the envelope to my chest.

WOOT! Look at the adorable wrapping paper! Annnnd first up (since my two year old insisted)

A MAGNET! Bad pic but in the movie Push, one of the characters is a psychic and she has a notebook full of drawings. Ryn reproduced a sampling of Cassie's artwork for my viewing pleasure!
Next.... from Howl's Moving Castle...

CALCIFER... best character in the movie (besides turnip head XD)
He already stole my youngest daughter's heart before I could finish unwrapping the package! What a pretty demon! Cheesy
And lastly and MOST amazing of all (SO shockingly amazing my husband had to jar me out of my trance)...

A (badly photographed T-T) necklace pendant that says "FINE" which in actuality means "freaked out, neurotic, insecure, emotional" LOL! It's from the Italian Job. Can you believe she MADE THIS? It's carved from a tiny piece of wood and painted my favorite color. Maybe she can upload a better photo with a size reference but I mean... WOWZAH! I totally envy this woman her skills. Thank you Ryn! BEST SWAP PARTNER EVER!!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011 01:08:34 PM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011 04:14:07 PM »

*steals your Calcifer and runs*  Wink

Awesome package!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011 04:25:28 PM »

Great package!! Calcifer is sooo cute (love that film too), and that necklace is lovely - so much skill needed to carve such tiny letters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011 06:34:37 PM »

Isn't she the BEST? She got a Dremel for Christmas (lol.. had to look that up) and that's how she made this necklace! I still haven't taken it off. It probably never will  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011 06:38:46 PM »

Wonderful packages so far!

Oh, how I want to acquire and to be able to use a Dremel.... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
DEri6n
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011 07:09:32 PM »

I'm loving the packages so far! So much talent. I love pretty much everythingthat's been posted so far. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011 11:20:51 PM »

I'm glad everyone likes what I made! Using my Dremel for the first time was so much fun! Below I'll post photos of better quality, and then even farther below is awesome-ness!

Here's the necklace I made:

I'm really quite proud of it, and I'm glad everyone likes it!

The other pictures are quite sufficient, so instead I'll move on to something MORE awesome!

I also received today, from IsikkahJai, it's an amazing package of which you will all be jealous! My three movies were Girl, Interrupted; Princess Mononoke; and The Princess Bride. Look at the goodies below!

The first thing I saw were these adorable little doodads. They're Kodama from Princess Mononoke, and ice cream (from Girl, Interrupted?)

Next I opened up this awesome mini journal inspired by Girl, Interrupted

Then I saw the most amazing little pen cap heads of the Dread Pirate Roberts and Buttercup from The Princess Bride, they are actually sooooooooooo amazing. IsikkahJai made up an alternate story for The Princess Bride that ended up with these two with their heads on spikes, so it made it even better!

IsikkahJai took a risk and made me a jewellery-esque item, and at first I was tentative, but it's so cool. It's an arm band similar to one that a character from Girl, Interrupted wore, and then when you reverse it (yes, it's reversible!!!), it has a cross stitch that looks like your basic Jolly Roger, but upon closer inspection you see that it's the Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride!

Last, but most certainly not least is the most amazing cross stitch of all time, it's a combination of two from my wists, and it's better than I can even imagine. It's a Kodama from Princess Mononoke again, but this time he's surrounded by sakura flowers, and it's adorable.

Thank you so much IsikkahJai, you were an awesome swap partner!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

windgie79
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011 08:44:15 AM »

WOW! Two amazing packages! The necklace just amazes me - that had to take a lot of patience! All the awesome Princess Bride goodies have me kicking myself for omitting the film from my five picks. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011 08:53:13 AM »

Awwwww. @^^@ Blushes....... I'm so VERY VERY glad you like it. I had swap anxiety the whole time >.<. The cuff definitely could have been sewn better but I kinda wanted it to look rough sewn to match the "rough and tumble" pirate ways. It might fray but I hope you think it'll just add character, lol!  Cheesy Waah! BEST first swap EVER! I can't wait to see what everyone else has done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Backgammon Opening Position
How to Play Backgammon: Rules
How To Make a Memorial Vase Arrangement
How To Make a Bow Using Double Face Wired Ribbon
How To Make a Monument Saddle Arrangement
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...