A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,531
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three Tiny Movie Things Gallery  (Read 19209 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ashley G.
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2011 03:22:49 AM »

Great items - and oh my gosh tiny Han is adorable!!! I can't believe he was a first try!

Was he made from a pattern?

Yes. Smiley I modified this pattern http://sakky-attack.deviantart.com/gallery/2783216#/d36cbu4 a bit to get him. Smiley

His arms came out uneven x__x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Developers. Developers. Developers. Developers."
- Steve Balmer

Sylvanna

What the what?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2011 01:41:25 PM »

Thanks for the link to the pattern  Smiley

I've received from bettinonalice....and I LOVE everything so much Smiley Get ready for some awesome tiny movieness  Cheesy

My five films were....The Lost Boys, Willow, My Neighbour Totoro, Coraline and Labyrinth.

The first thing I found in my box of goodies was this lovely necklace (which has already been worn today)...which features lyrics from one of my all time favourite movie songs...

And a close-up...

Next was this lovely framed Coraline picture, which is gorgeous and so nicely drawn...and includes stitching around the edge and a stitched on button

I love the button...it's the perfect finishing touch...

And then last...the cutest piece of mini movie memorabilia...in honour of the awesome Frog Brothers from The Lost Boys....

It's The Frog Brothers chest!! Painted around the edge is For Truth, Justice and The American Way...and inside....

Mini stakes and holy water to fight off tiny vampires!!

Also included were some really cute mini embroidery hoops which I'm already planning to fill with some stitching and the Repo! The Genetic Opera soundtrack (this film was on imbettinonalice's movie list and I fell in love with it)

Thank you sooo much for everything, I really love it and have loved every minute of this swap. Now I just hope your parcel arrives soon (my postal service anxiety is growing by the day  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
windgie79
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2011 02:09:44 PM »

Great swap goodness! But, I especially love the Frog Brothers box - fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kyerinn
Maker of Things

"In my darkness, I make light." - kyerinn

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2011 03:27:45 PM »

Great swap goodness! But, I especially love the Frog Brothers box - fantastic!

I agree, it's pretty awesome!

I'm also digging the Iron Man & Batman stuffies and the Indiana Jones hoop with the famous red dots.

Nice work. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself."
-Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead

Current swaps:
"Craft my Character" swap

Wist - http://www.wists.com/kyerinn
Etsy - http://www.rogueposy.com
..<3..
oxynitrate
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2011 04:23:44 PM »

I'm so impatient. I want my package to get there already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Before Me Nothing Was Created But Things Eternal. And I Create Eternally.
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2011 05:31:58 PM »

Sylvanna- I'm so glad that you liked everything and it arrived safely.  I'm crossing my fingers that your package arrives tomorrow.  I'm impatient Smiley

And thank you to everyone who commented on the "Vampire survival kit"....It's something that I would see the Frog Bros.  attempting to sell to tourists for a buck Smiley I loved how it turned out, I may make myself one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
JacquelineD
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2011 08:04:53 PM »

Best of 2011....I might be biased but I definitely have to agree with that Wink

I am absolutely madly in love with the Indiana Jones hoop....and I've never actually seen one of the movies. I know, I know. I need to get with it.

This group just keeps getting better! Absolutely no flakers, and only one little postal hiccup. You guys are making it too easy for me. I'd love to organize a future round...maybe in a month or so.

Also, being the organizer has a tiny perk - sending late Wink I'm pretty sure my package will be the last one you will see in the gallery, seeing as now I can't even send out til Saturday bc of this stupid snow delay. But, hopefully it'll be a good enough package to close the swap with. I'm MADLY excited about this one craft....

Ok, sending a message to some of you now to double check some things. Keep the awesome crafts coming  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettyrustyrobot
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2011 09:40:03 AM »

I am absolutely madly in love with the Indiana Jones hoop....and I've never actually seen one of the movies. I know, I know. I need to get with it.

::gasp::

since you're snowed in, you should try to remedy that.

they've always been some of my favorite movies. they've got action, humor, romance and harrison ford. can't really go wrong there. the fourth one was disappointing, but i expected that. kind of like when they released the phantom menace.

and thanks for the compliments, guys. tiny bruce wayne's cape is pleather and attached to his shoulders by snaps, so he can go nudey-incognito if he wants. Smiley i laughed the whole time i was cutting out that TINY felt bat symbol. and i tried to get tony's facial hair right, but then i just gave up on the goatee. so now he sort of looks like an evil magician powered by arc reactor technology.

the com-badges are actually earrings, and i was super proud i got them so symetrical, but they're kind of heavy. so i gave ashley a heads up that they might work better for something else. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoopla 5 swap: stitching!
iyp18 : dancing away!
make a friend : waiting.

wists: wists.com/prettyrustyrobot
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2011 07:51:23 PM »

I have received an amazing package from my partner Sylvanna!!

Prepare for the awesomeness...I just wish that my pics could do the things justice.

Here are all the goods! In addition to the crafted items she included a varieties of teas (I am a tea ADDICT!) and Cadbury chocolates, which I tried for the first time on the plane when I went to London and I loved them. YUM!

My moves included: Fight Club, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Donnie Darko, Repo! The Genetic Opera, and the Hangover. 

Throughout our many wonderful PMs, I admitted that I envied her needlework skills and then she got me hooked on the craft! So, she made me a pin cushion for Fight Club: a bar of Tyler Durden's soap!

Next, a small jewelry box decorated with the lyrics to my FAVORITE scene/song/character singing from Repo! The Genetic Opera: Zydrate Anatomy ! (see under my profile pic lol).  Inside were Zydrate gun earrings! I think they are shrinky-dinks? Also a loaded charm bracelet with zydrate gun charms, viles of zydrate (it comes in a little glass vile...) and Graverobber! (my crush mwahaha)

Please excuse the sucky pics, my camera isn't that great with the uber close ups. I wish you could see how amazing these are! Perhaps if you have a better pic, sylvanna, you could post it?

And last, but NOT least....some hoopla from Donnie Darko! Now that I'm addicted to needlework (and just LOVED sylvanna's skills) I definitely plan to make this the first piece to my hoopla wall that I plan on starting tomorrow Smiley  Frank even has glow in the dark eyes and teeth!  On the back is the countdown of the time to the end of the world on the back.  She said that her boyfriend helped with this....he should be a member of craftster!  I just hope to one day have these needlework skills.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I loved everything and had such a blast with this swap.  I'm so glad that I got to make such a great new crafting friend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
audey thunders
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2011 08:19:09 PM »

that fight club pin cushion is awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
February 13th: Not-So-Good Grief
Handmade Portraits with Sophie Blackall
Amaryllis and Kimono by Fran Beallor
Falling in Love by Fran Beallor
The Date by Fran Beallor
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mashed Chickpea Salad Sammy
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...