A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Valentine help!!  (Read 733 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kpooh
« on: January 11, 2011 06:29:47 AM »

Have been with my Hubby almost 7 years now, married for 4 of it. I always make a big deal out of V-Day every year & he loves it. But I am running out of ideas here, so am looking for some new ones. They have to be easy ones tho, I aint that crafty! LOL

I have done most of the lil things you find online in searches, have done CDs of love songs, have done a candy bouquet (this was a hit tho, so may do again)  love coupons (every year) always do sexy boxers & a funny Tshirt. He isnt much into sweets, but loves home cooked food (steaks are on this years menu) last year was lasagna.

He doesnt like any sports, isnt into video games, loves the computer & tinkering with them.

We are thinking about doing some traveling this summer, museums, Amish country, things like that, but cant come up with anything along those lines. I did buy him a GPS for Christmas tho if anyone has any ideas there? (Already has a case & warranty LOL)

Thanks for any ideas you guys can give!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teddybr218
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011 05:56:10 PM »

If by the Amish country you mean Pennsylvania, then you could do something with a Bridges of Madison County. On one of the websites they have each of the covered bridges in the area along with its location and history.  We travel alot and recently went to Pennsylvania, that is how we did it.  We had a hotel and took day trips to each of the bridges.  It gives you a chance to see the countryside and we see shops, historial things that we would not have seen otherwise.  Put it together in a little booklet type thing.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011 06:06:10 PM »

I live near some Amish areas in Pennsylvania and if you go to visit there are so many great things to take in.  The food (You MUST have their doughnuts and whoopie pies!), the crafts and woodworking skills, just observing the peaceful nature of the people.  I agree about the bridges as well.

As far as Valentine's Day, perhaps you could get him a fun voice for the GPS? I know you said he doesn't like video games, but perhaps Star Wars or something? They have a bunch available.  Maybe something like a memory jar that you have decorated (Mod Podge is an amazing thing) that you could fill with your favorite memories for him to read....or even one to take with you on your travels this summer to fill as you go?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
Kpooh
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011 06:46:05 PM »

Wrong Omish country LOL, we live in Pa so we were planning on hitting Ohio Omish country & spending the nite, maybe 2 if possible, but I may see what I can find in that area, maybe use somethin up there as a gift.

The GPS voice may be something too, will look into it.

Keep em comin guys. (Please)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clementinefairy
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011 04:54:43 PM »

If you could steal the GPS for a while, you could set up a geocaching style treasure hunt. If you haven't heard of it, geocaching is (usually) an outdoor activity that involves hiding a small prize in a tree or under a rock or in some other hiding place and putting the GPS coordinates on a website so that other people can find the prize and replace it with one of their own. You could hide a series of prizes and then give him the coordinates and go on a treasure hunt together. Depending on how icky/wintery it is, you could hide the prizes within walking distance of each other or make it more of a car hunt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiffaknee

My kitten, Mr. Meowgi!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011 08:08:26 PM »

I LOVE Ohio Amish Country (well never been to the one in PA since I live in Ohio)!! If you go here http://www.experience-ohio-amish-country.com/, you can check out things to do. Definitely eat at the Der Dutchman and check out the shops! There's a cheese factory too and you can sample cheese and fudge!! As far as what to do for V-day, maybe you could make your coupons pertain to different activities of places you'll go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Final Cut Express: Running Clips Backwards
Final Cut Studio: Sending Clips from FCP to Motion
Final Cut Studio: FCE and FCP Filters
Final Cut Studio: Sprocket Holes?
Final Cut Pro/Express: Travel Matte
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...