A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,683
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: polymer clay reverse stocking stitch Tutorial  (Read 13907 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , polymer_clay , knitting  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011 09:30:03 AM »

This looks really fantastic!!  Thanks for the tute.  (I'm sure lots of knitters, etc will be interested in this once they see it too Grin. )

I have a couple of questions:
...in step 5 where you flatten the bottom of the first row of loops, do you also trim that set of loops along the bottom of the flattened area before adding the next row of loops on top...or won't that matter much?
...is there any reason you couldn't just accordion-loop each row of loops, then trim them all the same height afterward with one long cut, instead of cutting each length of loop separately?

Diane B.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011 09:31:40 AM by Diane B. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011 10:06:48 AM »

This looks really fantastic!!  Thanks for the tute.  (I'm sure lots of knitters, etc will be interested in this once they see it too Grin. )

I have a couple of questions:
...in step 5 where you flatten the bottom of the first row of loops, do you also trim that set of loops along the bottom of the flattened area before adding the next row of loops on top...or won't that matter much?
...is there any reason you couldn't just accordion-loop each row of loops, then trim them all the same height afterward with one long cut, instead of cutting each length of loop separately?

Diane B.

thanks Smiley
*facepalm*  cutting accordion loops instead of creating individual ones would have been so much quicker. the process itself its fairly simple just time consuming Undecided

depending on the length of the loops 'tail' you can either trim then flatten or simply flatten. slightly shorter ones will be easier to roll flat than very long ones Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McJulie-O
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011 12:12:43 PM »

Breathtaking! It boggles the brain so much that even the tute amazes me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
decidedly average
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011 12:35:21 PM »

I'm not a knitter but I really love this! Thanks for the link to the bigger pictures too, that helped a lot.
I think the heart and bracelet are amazing too, but I have no clue how you did them. Do you have a tutorial for those 'stitches' as well?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrittanyVictory
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011 06:55:47 PM »

what a gorgeous, gorgeous technique.
i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently collecting PUNK ROCK EMBROIDERY! Cheesy
Message me if you're up for a personal swap? <3
maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011 10:03:17 PM »

I'm not a knitter but I really love this! Thanks for the link to the bigger pictures too, that helped a lot.
I think the heart and bracelet are amazing too, but I have no clue how you did them. Do you have a tutorial for those 'stitches' as well?

thank you Smiley
the background is the reverse stocking stitch shown in this tute. i posted a knitted tute awhile ago for the cable stitches http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=367662.0 though leaving the loop at the top would probably be unnecessary  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011 12:57:40 AM by maxxev » THIS ROCKS   Logged

decidedly average
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011 10:53:58 PM »

Oh cool! Thank you very much - now I want to buy an extruder.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimchery
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011 08:47:18 AM »

Oh YES, the link with bigger pictures helped a LOT!  This, along with the other, are great tutorials.  I am always telling my crafter friend what novel and new ideas I have seen come through craftster, and I showed her your posts with the knitting and she was baffled at how much it looked like knitting and then impressed with the explanation.  She has a very limited style when it comes to jewelry and she also thought the bracelet was very classy. 

She sees my claying all the time and is very honest when it comes to 'imperfections'.  I've looked at the pictures for the tutorial and end product quite a few times now, and I haven't seen the distortion.  Sure, it might be easier to apply the technique to the cuff to minimize distortion, and making an accordion loop may be more time efficient than the small loops, but lets face it,.....  all of that are just great excuses to do this all over again, apply it to something else, different colors, etc.   Grin  Thanks again for sharing the process.  I always get so excited to see new techniques I never fathomed before and this is one of those times I just want to stop all the busy, get my clay out and experiment a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissMalaprop
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011 09:40:49 AM »

The "knitted" cuff bracelet is beautiful! I have a friend who does really nice work with polymer clay and I'm always amazed by people like her and yourself who are able to do such cool things with this medium. You guys make me want to go get some clay and start sculpting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annoyinglittlegirl
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011 02:17:37 PM »

Posts like this make me really want to try using polymer clay... I would totally buy that bangle, it looks awesome! Thank you for the tutorial, in a few years when I am an expert I'll definitely give it a go Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my vegetarian cookery blog Smiley views, comments and FB likes are ALWAYS appreciated!

www.amuse-your-bouche.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art of Basket Weaving
How to Do Indian Embroidery
Vera Nakonechny on Ukrainian Embroidery
Learn About Ukrainian Embroidery
Meet Quilter Gail Mitchell
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...