A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OTT Up Swap Gallery  (Read 4855 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011 02:23:18 AM »

I received from hgddm today as well!  So cute!  Thanks for my mini DUg, he is adorable, complete with the Cone of Shame! 

Dug, cone and cute card

Close up of Dug and cone

Dug in the Cone of Shame

Thanks again!  Super cute and I am happy you enjoy your teeny box!  I had fun with this swap!  Can't wait to see more goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011 12:24:52 PM »

Hehehe! That plastic nose was so much heavier than the paper that it made him fall forward! That's why I taped a counterweight underneath his bum. So glad you like, partner!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilbandade
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011 08:44:35 PM »

I received from dannispring240 today. It is freaking gorgeous!!

It came with a note that reads "I hope you hang this in your room and remember to always follow your dreams!!"
I opened this, took it around the dorm to show everyone, and then hung it next to my desk/the window.
I love it so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgddm

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011 09:24:23 PM »

WOnderful! Love Carl's face!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marleymiss
Only Skin

Stitches 'n' Hoes

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011 04:19:45 AM »

That hoop is stunning! Love the balloons on top, so creative Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011 04:45:02 PM »

I received from goddessgarb!  Grin

She had a realization that hadn't dawned on me: that a big part of the charm of UP is that the characters are types that society tends to reject or turn into the brunt of jokes -- The Fat Kid, The Old Guy, and, as she worded it, The Not Too Smart but Sweet  -- Yet they, rightfully, become the heroes! Smiley (As a side note, this also makes me see that all 3 characters are, in a sense, exiled from their own family heroes -- Russell's dad essentially rejects him, Ellie leaves Carl widowed, and Muntz and the dog pack reject Dug.)

Inspired by this, goddessgarb crafted up a set of hanging ATCs for me!

It really does lay out flat, but I had to curve it to fit on the scanner. And it's probably difficult to see on a small screen, but the bottom picture across from Dug has two Special Olympics medalists. It's such a sweet and inspiring creation; I love it! I'm fairly certain I'm going to cry about it the next time PMS strikes.  Smiley

She also sent me some bonus ephemera and a needlebook for my crafty exploits, a lovely handmade card, and a chocolate bar and PRUNES! for my next snipe-hunting expedition!  Cheesy  And yes, I made myself eat a prune, before even opening the chocolate. I'm going to pat myself on the back for that all day. Truth be told, I'd never eaten a prune before, after being traumatized with years of prune juice in my childhood. But it was much tastier than prune juice!

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011 10:06:49 PM by calluna - Reason: shrunk it down a bit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011 05:28:07 PM »

Hi Calluna!

I'm so so glad you like it.  When the inspiration struck for the piece, I cried.  Smiley  I'm glad you enjoyed your first prune!  I love those little suckers.  I could easily eat too many.  Ahem.  Anyhooo...yes, that card is actually made by my mother, from a photo she took of her own garden, which is the nicest in the neighborhood, lemme tell ya.  Smiley 

Since the piece has such personal meaning for me, please indulge me as I post some close-ups:

I was a teased fat kid, so this has personal meaning:

and the one with extra special meaning for me, being the mother of a developmentally delayed daughter:

Thank you, calluna, for appreciating it.  Smiley  And you're absolutely right, they're all exiles, rejected by their own heroes.  In fact, Carl is exiled from his own neighborhood, too.  Oh damn it.  You're making ME cry now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011 05:53:02 PM »

Okay, so now I want to give you all the treat of seeing my package from calluna!  It's an exploding box of adventure!  I absolutely LOVE it.  It's an adventure all by itself, looking at all the details and doodads.  It's a Wilderness Explorer Kit!  It's so clever and so much time and heart went into this.  I really love that everything is attached so it's easier to keep it all together, since I actually do tend to go on a lot of adventures myself and need things to be packable.  I also like that the doodads attached are useful, especially the poop-scoop magnet and ultra cool tiny Swiss army knife!  Okay, so here are pics (and these are only the beginning...the whole thing is just full of fun and detail):

This is it, waiting to be opened, full of promise...

And lookie, all exploded!  Smiley

This is the supercute pic at the bottom of the box, outlining all that is needed for an adventure:

These are the two club badges, one for me and one for my partner (so sweet!) and instructions for how to earn my own Assisting the Elderly badge:

Here are 3 of the little doodads, the scoop magnet (poly clay scultped!), the neato tiny knife (embellished with Caw Caw Rar on one side and Tribe 54 on the other), and the all important extra leaf (crocheted and felted?):

I really love this.  Thank you so much, calluna.  It's definitely coming with me on my future adventures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
hgddm

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011 06:46:18 PM »

lovely packages!! love that fold out box. nice work everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dannispring240
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011 08:40:51 PM »

lilbandade, im soooo glad you like it! I was nervous if it was good enough, after that adorable Russell you sent me.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Roz Savage Talks About Rowing the Atlantic
Meet Author Ruth Rendell
Tania James Talks About Atlas of Unknowns
Meet Author Marina Nemat
Nicolle Wallace Talks About Eighteen Acres
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...