A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Patchwork Sampler Blanket/Pillow Knitalong!  (Read 40008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2011 12:14:18 PM »

I've picked up stitches for another side..still slow going w/swap items to finish up and send out...=]  I will be taking it easy on those for a little bit and get a few other things finished up.  Next week I'll be house-sitting for my sister and get a bit of work done on the Patchwork sampler and my knit guild items.  Smiley

Can't wait to see pics and new patterns!  I should have internet while I'm up there and not have to share w/the kiddos!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2011 10:26:38 AM »

Oh ho ho… plugging along – on too many projects at once!  The garden is going great guns, but a crunch at work, plus the sudden need to do work on both the basement and the roof, have cut into my crafting time.  Still, I do have two more panels to share….

It’s not quite Fair Isle, it’s not quite intarsia…. Fartarsia, perhaps?  I didn’t want to try this technique on the blanket, since you will be seeing the back, but since this is on the pillow, which will be lined – I tried it!

So while I’m experimenting…. A little cable and fan action!  This is one and a half repeats, minus the cable twist at the beginning and the end.  I added three extra reverse stockinette stitches on either side, and a five-stitch seed-stitch  border outside of that.

Cable and Fan
Panel of 19 stitches on reverse stockinette stitch

C7B – slip 4 stitches on a cable needle at the back of the work; K3 from the left hand needle, the K4 from cable needle.
K#tbl Knit thru the back loop
SKP Slip one stitch, knit the second, and pass the slipped stitch over.  (This forms the mirror image of K2tog)

Row 1 (right side) P6, K7, P6
Row 2: K6, P7, K6
Row 3: P6, C7B, P6
Row 4: As row 2
Row 5: P4, k3tog, YO, K1, YO, K2tog, [YO, K1] twice, YO, K3tog tbl, P4
Row 6: K4, P11, K4
Row 7: P3, [K2tog, YO] three times,  K1 tbl,[YO, SKP] three times, P3
Row 8: K3, P13, K3
Row 9: P1, K3tog [YO, K2tog] twice, YO, K1 tbl, YO, K1, YO, K1 tbl, [YO, SKP] twice, YO, K3tog tbl, P1
Row 10: K1, P17, K1
Row 11: P2, [K2tog, YO] three times, K1 tbl, K1, K1 tbl, [YO, SKP] three times, P2
Row 12: K2, P15, K2
Row 13: P3, [K2tog, YO] twice, K1 tbl, K3, K1 tbl, [YO, SKP] twice, P3
Row 14: As row 8
Row 15: P4, K2tog, YO, K1 tbl, K5, K1 tbl, YO, SKP, P4
Row 16: As row 6
Row 17: As row 1
Row 18: As row 2
Row 19: As row 3
Row 20:As row 2
Rows 21, 23, and 25: As row 1
Rows 22, 24, and 26: As row 2
Row 27: As row 3
Rows 28, 30 and 32: As row 2
Rows 29 and 31: As row 1.

I’m already thinking of plans for this pattern: perhaps a cotton cover for a bolster pillow…. knit in the round… with a provisional cast on, so I can knit from the middle out in both directions…. with a contrasting color cover underneath to show off the lacy part…

Still in the midst of three projects and I’m already dreaming about the next one!

Luckily, I have finally finished this beast!

Just need to weave in the ends and then felt it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #242 on: May 25, 2011 10:47:21 AM »

I have not been able to keep up---I had to pick my poison and quilting was it!  But, I had to drop by to pick up the patterns and view the panels!  Yofi--that blanket is going to be such an heirloom! So many wonderful textures and patterns...

and the bag turned out great!

Kittymom13--I love your mixed knitting...like a quilt...lots of colors and wonkiness...simply wonderful work!

I hope I get a break this winter to make more of the patterns...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi

« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2011 01:42:22 PM »

And the great thing about us all posting patterns is that they'll always be here!

I've got the fabric for the pillow forms and I have some ideas about embroidering the back of the envelope closure. 

But I may just be delaying the inevitable conclsion of a project!  (Or gilding-the-lily ad infinitum....)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011 01:44:08 PM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2011 12:46:25 PM »

Yofi! fartarsia?!? *lol* great square whatever it is...=]  I will try the cable fan one for sure...great look to it.  I am finishing up the granny swap this week and over the weekend will work on the long overdue knit guild squares.  I didn't bring the patchwork w/me while I'm house sitting for my sis.  It'll be ready to pick-up right away when I'm back home...=]  I'm collecting beads and things for doing the embellishment on the panels when July rolls around and a class at Stitches...I have time to get this 3rd and 4th panels done.  I do like seeing what everyone is doing and progress updates. 
Thanks for the kind comments on my wonki project...it is true-unique just like me.  The Creator isn't done w/me and I'm not done w/my creation, either!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi

« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2011 10:48:06 AM »

And thus we live forever!

I've got the border knit around three sides of the blanket, and will hopefully finish that tonight.  I have the day off work tomorrow, so I'm going to the laundromat to wash the blanket, and then I'll pin it out to the upstairs carpet to let it dry and block it.

I've decided to try my hand at lining it, altho' it seems fairly sturdy.  I'm reading up a little bit on lining quilts, and I need to see how well my wonky old sewing machine can sew knitting to backing -- if it looks like this would need to be hand work, I think I'll bag the idea and just consider it done w/o the lining.

I've done a pretty good job about keeping things relatively true and square so far -- but the second pillow cover, with only 6 squares out of 9, seems completely cockeyed.  I'm going to sit down with it tomorrow afternoon and try to figure out where I went wrong and how to fix it.....

More picutures on Thursday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi

« Reply #246 on: June 02, 2011 10:50:20 AM »

Didn’t get as far as I’d hoped; my wonderful brother-in-law announced he’s driving to town to do some work on my house this weekend.  And just like people who clean before the maid comes, I’m scurrying to get everything squared away before he gets here!  (The plus side is I’ve done more to set up my craft room yesterday than I have in the 18 months I’ve lived here; hope to post that as an accomplishment in the “50 projects in 2011” soon!)

I did finish putting the edge on the blanket, tho’. I still have to block and back it, but the finished dimensions are roughly 48” x 68”.

The border is a simply 7 rows of garter stitch, increasing one stitch at the beginning and end of each row, to make a nice mitered corner.

And I couldn’t avoid the gratuitous feline “cheesecake” shot – my cats insist on being on top of everything I try to photograph!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi

« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2011 10:51:39 AM »

But I’ve still got some patterns to contribute!  For lack of a better known name, I call this one….
”Twisted Grille”
Multiple of 8 + 10

C4B Slip 2 stitches onto cable needle and hold to the back of the work; K2 from left-handed needle, then K2 from cable needle.
T4F Slip 2 stitches onto cable needle and hold at the front of the work; P2 from left-handed needle, then K2 from cable needle.
T4B Slip 2 stitches onto cable needle and hold to the back of the work; K2 from left-handed needle, then P2 from cable needle.

Row 1 (right side): P!  K2  P4  *K4  P4 * -- repeat ** to the last 3 stitches; K2  P1
Row 2: K1  P2  K4  *P4  K4 * -- repeat ** to the last 3 stitches; P2  K1
Row 3: P1  K2  P4  *C4B  P4 * -- repeat ** to the last 3 stitches; K2  P1
Row 4: As row 2
Row 5: P1 *T4F  T4B * -- repeat ** to the last stitch; P1
Row 6: K3  P4  *K4  P4 * -- repeat ** to the last 3 stitches; K3
Row 7: *P4 C4B * to the last 3 stitches; P3
Row 8: As row 6
Row 9: P3  K4  *P4  K4 * -- repeat ** to the last 3 stitches; P3
Row 10: As row 6
Row 11: As row 7
Row 12: As row 6
Row 13: As row 9
Row 14: As row 6
Row 15: As row 7
Row 16: As row 6
Row 17: As row 9
Row 18: As row 6
Row 19: As row 7
Row 20: As row 6
Row 21: P1  *T4B  T4F * -- repeat ** to the last stitch; P1
Row 22: As row 2
Row 23: As row 3
Row 24: As row 2

And another pretty panel, a variation on the vine theme.  (Ironically, this has more cabling than the cable pattern above!)  Sorry the resolution isn’t better; I think it looks a little like thistle leaves.  Or perhaps I’m simply pulling up so many thistles I’m seeing them everywhere….  Note that the pattern starts on the wrong side.

“Pointed Leaves and Trunk”
Panel of 14 stitches on reverse stockinette stitch

You don’t have to use a cable needle with these stitches, but I find it easier if you haven’t had a lot of practice with them.
C2PR Slip 1 stitch to a cable held to the back of the work; P1 from left-handed needle, then P1 from cable needle.
T2B  Slip 1 stitch to a cable held to the back of the work;  K1 from left-handed needle, then P1 from cable needle.
T2F Slip 1 stitch to a cable held to the front of the work; P1 from left-handed needle, then K1 from cable needle.
C2L Slip 1 stitch to a cable held to the front of the work;  K1 from left-handed needle, then K1 from cable needle.
C2PL Slip 1 stitch to a cable held to the front of the work; P1 from left-handed needle, then P1 from cable needle.
C2R Slip 1 stitch to a cable held to the back of the work; K1 from left-handed needle, then K1 from cable needle.

Row 1 (wrong side) P3  K3  P4  C2PR  K2
Row 2: P1  C2R  K1  T2B  K2  P3  T2F  K1
Row 3: P2  K4  P2  K1  P3  C2PR
Row 4: K3  T2B  P1  K1  C2L  P3  T2F
Row 5:  K4  C2PL  P2  K2  P4
Row 6: K2  T2B  P2  K1  [C2L] twice  P3
Row 7: K2  C2Pl  P4  K3  P3
Row 8:  K1  T2B  P3  K2  T2F  K1  CL  P1
Row 9: C2PL  P3  K1  P2  K4  P2
Row 10: T2B  P3  C2R  K1  P1  T2F  K3
Row 11:  P4  K2  P2  C2PR  K4
Row 12:  P3  [C2R] twice  K1  P2  T2F  K2

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi

« Reply #248 on: June 07, 2011 06:55:33 PM »

*edited because I forgot the picture!*

Had a great time with my brother-in-law this weekend, undoing several decades of creative use of putty and caulk.  He’s a great craftsman, and I’m so lucky he came up to do some work on my old house.  I paid for the materials, and bought him a few PBRs and a brace of Chicago hotdogs….  Pretty cheap workforce!

I didn’t get an knitting done, but I do have one more pattern – I don’t think I posted it already.

Seeded diamonds
Multiple of 16 stitches + 1

Row 1 (right side) [K1, P1] twice [K4, P1] twice  *[k1, P1] three times, [k4, p1] twice *  -- repeat from ** to the last three stitches; k1,  p1,  k1
Row 2:  K1,  p1,  k1,  p4,  k3,  p4  *k1,  [p1,  k1] twice, p4,  k3,  p4 * -- repeat ** to the last three stitches; k1,  p1,  k1
Row 3:  K1  *p1,  k4,  p5,  k4,  p1,  k1 * -- repeat ** to end
Row 4:  K1,  p4,  k7,  p4,  k1 * -- repeat ** to end
Row 5:  K4,  p1,  k1,  p4  *k7,  p4,  k1,  p4 * -- repeat ** to the last four stitches; k4
Row 6:  P4,  k3,  p1,  k1,  p1,  k3  *p7,  k3,  p1,  k1,  p1, k3 * -- repeat ** to the last four stitches; p4
Row 7:  K4,  p2,  k1  [p1, k1] twice,  p2  *k7,  p2,  k1 [p1,  k1] twice,  p2 * -- repeat ** to the last four stitches; k4
Row 8:  P4, k1  [p1, k1] four times,  *p7,  k1  [p1,  k1] four times * -- repeat to the last four stitches; p4
Row 9:  P1,  k4,  p1 [k1,  p1] three times, *[k4, p1] twice,  [k1,  p1] three times * -- repeat ** to the last five stitches; k4,  p1
Row 10: K2,  p4,  k1  [p1, k1] twice,  p4,  *k3,  p4,  k1,  [p1,  k1] twice,  p4 *  -- repeat ** to the last two stitches; k2
Row 11:  P3,  k4,  p1,  k1,  p1,  k4 * p5,  k4,  p1,  k1,  p1,  k4 * -- repeat ** to the last three stitches; p3
Row 12:  K4,  p4,  k1,  p4,  *k7,  p4,  k1,  p4 * -- repeat ** to the last four stitches; k4
Row 13:  K1,  *p4,  k7,  p4,  k1 * -- repeat ** to end
Row 14:  K1,  *p1,  k3,  p7,  k3,  p1,  k1 * -- repeat ** to end.
Row 15:  K1,  p1,  k1,  p2,  k7,  p2,  *k1,  [p1, k1] twice,  p2,  k7,  p2 * -- repeat ** to the last three stitches; k1,  p1,  k1
Row 16:  K1,  [p1,  k1] twice,  p7,  k1 *[p1,  k1] four times, p7, k1 *  repeat ** to the last four stitches; [p1,  k1] twice
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 09:27:44 AM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2011 12:44:52 PM »

I'm poking in to say HI EVERYONE!!
News... I JUST finished putting my afghan together. All that is left now is the outside edge and the strings to weave in. I will post it before the week is over. I PROMISE!!!!
   Also, I made a shawl in the "Leaf and Fan " lace pattern. it was a gift for an elderly lady at church. It had 64 stitches across, and was about 6 ft. total length.
I used a white baby yarn with the shiny thread mixed in, and size 11 needles. That made it very light and delicate feeling. Sorry... No pics... I was too anxious to give it to her.
  Yofi, your blanket is beautiful.
I'm going back to my border.
  See you again soon. K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Chocolate Turtle Pie
How to make Cornbread
How to make Chicken Pot Pie Part 1
How to make Pecan Pie with Caramel
How to make Hoppin John - Black Eyed Peas and Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...