A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls  (Read 3923 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KOhlthemule
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004 03:34:16 PM »

I cut the toilet paper rolls into 1" round circles.  then I glued them together,  and then glued and old Tim McGraw poster on the back.  I spray painted the whole thing white.
AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURE, I used it to hide the cords behind my T.V. that is too small for the space.

My intent was to individually color each space then take blinky christmas lights and strategically place them into  certain roll holes to make a word or picture.   I never got that far,  the TV cord came out and my boyfriend ripped it from the space in fustration to make the TV work.  and he swears the LAKERS are worth it   Roll Eyes

anyway I guss you could use this method for anything.  

PM if you don;t understand

-Kelly
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where are my scissors!!!
ele
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004 09:42:52 AM »

for easter:
http://w1.451.telia.com/~u45113758/pyssel/toatupp.htm

http://www.skapligtenkelt.se
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004 01:25:17 PM by ele » THIS ROCKS   Logged
klippedwingz

Are you a Llama, I asked my friend, Dave?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004 01:31:47 PM »

hahaha those easter chicks are cool.  On Carol Duvall show before christmas they had a fella that made amazing ornaments that were part of a greeting card from tubes. a bit time consuming but extremely cool and no one would guess their humble orgins.  just go to hgtv and then to carol's show/episode listings. i think it would be under holiday ornaments or cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silloh_77

If anyone needs me: I'll be at the thrift store...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004 06:34:30 AM »

i saw this on Carol Duvall (my favorite show):
basically, cut them into 2 inch deep sections, then glue them to each other,  bending them to form a diamond. Hold with clothespins until they dry. The point is to make something that looks like a snowflake, then paint white and cover in glitter.  
I hope this made sense!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WendyWears
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004 06:32:34 PM »

Hey,
   Does anyone have any ideas about what to do with toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls??? Thanks!! I used to give them to my gerbil to chew on, but she died a while ago. : ( ya... so any ideas?

I know this post is from a while ago, but I had to comment...

I had a friend whose hamster (or gerbil, or mouse, let's just say hamster) died, and she used to put the paper towel tubes in the critters cage... and I think they found the glue (from the paper towel tube) in the hamster's bowel movements... and she suspected that that might have made the little critter ill. I know this is kind of disgusting, but I wouldn't want any one's little animal friends to die because of it! I used to have gerbils and hamsters and I think I used to give them paper towel or toilet paper tubes and they seemed fine. But of course they died. (this was years ago).

Again, I didn't want to be insenstive or disgusting or anything negative. I just don't know how safe those cardboard tubes are for small animals, thats all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Strangeone

When you're strange, People come out of the rain.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004 05:56:28 AM »

FYI    Grapes are lethal for dogs!!!  Never feed your dogs grapes cause theres something in 'em that hurts their insides and could cause death
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005 04:38:01 PM »

Does anyone have any suggestions about the rolls which doesn't involve pets, present packaging, or pure decoration? I've got a ton of rolls, but I'm not "allowed" to craft anything just for the heck of it like that, if it isn't actually useful for me as well. (I'm clogging up my appartment) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2005 06:51:10 PM »

You can use them for creative cooking!  Make "skyscraper" presentation of food by loading layers of food into the roll and then removing it for that oh-so-fancy restaurant effect!
note: you might want to cut them in half and possibly put some saran wrap in there so the roll will slide off nicely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
adultramblings
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2005 07:00:35 AM »

I've covered 3 or 4 rolls with basic crochet (you could sew something, or glue ribbons/fabric/whatever) & then crocheted ties (or again, use ribbon) to tie the group together & used each tube to hold different sized hooks.  I think I cut the rolls down to the height I used.  I did this a while again & I've since got rid of it so I can't share any photos but you get the idea, I think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2005 09:42:06 AM »

D
FYI Grapes are lethal for dogs!!! Never feed your dogs grapes cause theres something in 'em that hurts their insides and could cause death

Dogs are also totally allergic to chocolate. NEVER GIVE A DOG CHOCOLATE. And cats have a bad reaction to milk - it curdles in their stomach.

For loo rolls....make them into binoculars, or use them to store rolls of (wrapping) paper in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hermes Opens Two More Factories For High Demand Products
What To Wear: Maxi Dresses
Hilary Rhoda Models the Best of Fall 2013
Beyoncé: Behind the Scenes
When Fashion Attacks: Doutzen Kroes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...