A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 9 Wedding! Updated 3/7/11  (Read 998 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Snootzie

Proof that my brother once adored me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 09, 2011 08:27:35 PM »

So far the only thing I have finished are the Save the Dates.  They are on yellow paper cut to 4x6 size.  This is just a mock up of how they look...  In reality, the picture in the middle is a magnet.  It sits inside an orange envelope.  The wedding colors are orange, purple, and yellow....  Though it is hard to tell from the picture, it was taken at our wedding venue- a winery...

please excuse the green line... that is word telling me it doesn't like the sentence fragment.  As an English teacher I should be ashamed- but I'm not...  I love the colors.  The yellow paper I used is very close to the mock up color I clicked on in word.  I definitely didn't go traditional in colors.

Here is the water bottle label I created. I kinda like it, but the hubby-to-be loves it, so I guess that matters...
The colors in the larger picture are a little off.  The top is orange, but it looks kinda purple to me in the larger picture.

I wanted to come up with an interesting way to ask my bridesmaids to be in the wedding.  I found a book online: 101 Uses for a Bridesmaid Dress.  I created a little bookmark and put that inside of it.  I wrapped it up in pretty paper and gave it them.

I want to make the jewelry for the bridesmaids as part of their gift, and here is the bracelet I came up with:

I have been working on the votive candles for the centerpieces, and with the help of one of my bridesmaids, this is what we came up with:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011 07:07:34 PM by Snootzie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
lauren92907
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011 07:54:57 PM »

Im having a July wedding also! I haven't started planning yet. Still looking for location. How did you make the water bottle labels? Was it just a word program? thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Snootzie

Proof that my brother once adored me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011 06:56:14 PM »

Yeah, I did it in word.  Just created boxes for the most part.  The two little squiggles are a font I downloaded from dafonts.com.  It is called Nymphette I think.  But it allowed me to do the squiggles easily.  It took a while to find it, I searched everywhere for something, and pictures were just too hard to use.  There are templates out there, but I thought this was just as easy.  I made a big box in word about 2 inches tall by 7.5 inches wide.  Then filled it with a pattern.  I put a box half the height over top of that and made a new pattern.  Then just created a line to cover the seam of the two.  Put a rounded edged rectangle on top of that, and then a text box.  It was fairly easy.  Let me know if you need any help.  It was fun to play around with..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
cinnasweet

...needs more sugar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011 10:06:20 PM »

I saw your post and smiled because my hubby and I got married July 9, 2010!

CONGRATS! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Fun Group Costume Ideas
Victoria’s Secret Model Talks Workout Routine, Sports Apparel
Authentic Dresses Worn By Princesses Diana on Display
Interview With Marcus Wainwright and David Neville of Rag & Bone
Miley Cyrus Covers Up in Sparkles
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...