A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,062
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 9 Wedding! Updated 3/7/11  (Read 1039 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Snootzie

Proof that my brother once adored me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 09, 2011 08:27:35 PM »

So far the only thing I have finished are the Save the Dates.  They are on yellow paper cut to 4x6 size.  This is just a mock up of how they look...  In reality, the picture in the middle is a magnet.  It sits inside an orange envelope.  The wedding colors are orange, purple, and yellow....  Though it is hard to tell from the picture, it was taken at our wedding venue- a winery...

please excuse the green line... that is word telling me it doesn't like the sentence fragment.  As an English teacher I should be ashamed- but I'm not...  I love the colors.  The yellow paper I used is very close to the mock up color I clicked on in word.  I definitely didn't go traditional in colors.

Here is the water bottle label I created. I kinda like it, but the hubby-to-be loves it, so I guess that matters...
The colors in the larger picture are a little off.  The top is orange, but it looks kinda purple to me in the larger picture.

I wanted to come up with an interesting way to ask my bridesmaids to be in the wedding.  I found a book online: 101 Uses for a Bridesmaid Dress.  I created a little bookmark and put that inside of it.  I wrapped it up in pretty paper and gave it them.

I want to make the jewelry for the bridesmaids as part of their gift, and here is the bracelet I came up with:

I have been working on the votive candles for the centerpieces, and with the help of one of my bridesmaids, this is what we came up with:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011 07:07:34 PM by Snootzie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
lauren92907
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011 07:54:57 PM »

Im having a July wedding also! I haven't started planning yet. Still looking for location. How did you make the water bottle labels? Was it just a word program? thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Snootzie

Proof that my brother once adored me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011 06:56:14 PM »

Yeah, I did it in word.  Just created boxes for the most part.  The two little squiggles are a font I downloaded from dafonts.com.  It is called Nymphette I think.  But it allowed me to do the squiggles easily.  It took a while to find it, I searched everywhere for something, and pictures were just too hard to use.  There are templates out there, but I thought this was just as easy.  I made a big box in word about 2 inches tall by 7.5 inches wide.  Then filled it with a pattern.  I put a box half the height over top of that and made a new pattern.  Then just created a line to cover the seam of the two.  Put a rounded edged rectangle on top of that, and then a text box.  It was fairly easy.  Let me know if you need any help.  It was fun to play around with..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
cinnasweet

...needs more sugar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011 10:06:20 PM »

I saw your post and smiled because my hubby and I got married July 9, 2010!

CONGRATS! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jon Kolko on How Design Careers Are Changing
Jon Kolko on How Testing Improves Design Programs
Jon Kolko on Career Advice For Young Designers
What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder
What It Means to Be a Strategist
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...