A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 306,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-Fake Swapping Craft-along (ongoing)  (Read 178333 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #320 on: February 14, 2011 08:54:01 AM »

The dotee is fantastic!  I like the proportion of the big head...and the inchies are very clever and so personalized!  What a great partner!

The tarot reading mat is also pretty fantastic!  Love that there is an incense pocket...

The mug rug is clever...I do like the idea of making them more durable and practical...I think oil cloth is a good choice!  I also like the rounded edges..

I am definitely in love with those bookmarkers!  They would also be great holding those small pesky notebooks closed!

Great swaps so far!  No flakers yet? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

« Reply #321 on: February 14, 2011 05:21:30 PM »

My partner sent to me a few days ago but I kept forgetting to upload the pictures.  She made me a lovely red and white antro-inspired/this thread inspired necklace and a re-done ribbon wrapped bangle to wear out for my anniversary next weekend.  =)

If you noticed, she put the clasps on either end of the pom poms so that she could send me a bevy of pompoms later in the future and all i have to do is switch out the chain to make a "new" necklace.

Im going to join up to make something nice for myself.  i can never seem to craft for myself.

I'm icebyrd67
I'm joining the "Sweet and Easy Valentine's Day Swap Round 2" swap
i will make myself something to wear out to valentines/anniversary
this is due on Feb 7, 2011

i first need to figure out what we're doing that weekend to determine what i'm wearing.  then i'll either make a jewelry set or something....

gah my partner is completely late on this one.  fortunately, so am I.  We've allowed ourselves to extend send outs until Feb 14.  Since we both dont need our item until feb 25.  My partner tells me she's got a lovely idea for a craft right off of this thread.  She loves that pom pom necklace and thinks it would look beautiful in red or red/white stripe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
CadaverXStitch

All fear the hypnodog

« Reply #322 on: February 14, 2011 06:42:51 PM »

Since I can't join any swaps yet (I'm too new), I figured I'd play along for a swap or two!

My name is CadaverXStitch
I am joining the adults only swap
I will make 1 medium and two smalls for this swap... or 4 pts worth.
It is due by Mar 28, 2011
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Cadaverxstitch

Need a custom cross stitch pattern done?  PM me!
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #323 on: February 14, 2011 07:28:25 PM »

icebyrd, another sweet (although tickly) Anthropologie-inspired piece. And, I love how clever your partner was to make it interchangeable. Nice score on the matching bangle bracelet, too!

I worked on an item for my partner in the Star Swap. I needed to cut out 33 pieces of something and I got just about halfway done, but I used up all of the pins I could find ("find" being the operative word... I seem to have misplaced the big box of pins so I'll have to grab some at the store on the way home tomorrow night).

I've planned my week so I don't have a ton of take-home work (only a little), which will leave me more time to get my items finished. I will have to take one item with me on vacation in order to finish by the send-out date, but it's something my partner has wanted for a long time, so I don't really mind. Plus, because it doesn't involve any sharp tools (except for maybe a yarn needle... I have to remind myself of how to make what I'm making!), I may even be able to tuck it into my carry-on.

ETA: I just looked up the directions for how to make the item, and I'll need to do some cutting before I go, plus carry a yarn needle, but other than that, I think it's a go as a carry-on craft! Yay!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011 07:35:00 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: February 14, 2011 09:37:23 PM »

I'm seriously considering fake joining the mini art quilt swap. I already have an idea of what I would make, but really? I seem to already have several other quilt-related commitments for others. hmmmmm what a dilemma..... is anyone else f-joining it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

« Reply #325 on: February 15, 2011 06:25:15 AM »

I'm seriously considering fake joining the mini art quilt swap. I already have an idea of what I would make, but really? I seem to already have several other quilt-related commitments for others. hmmmmm what a dilemma..... is anyone else f-joining it?

im thinking about it.  i just dont have the time to commit to the real swap.  but i really want something new for my wall
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2011 06:34:53 AM »

im thinking about it.  i just dont have the time to commit to the real swap.  but i really want something new for my wall

me, too.  though I may really join it.  I'm not sure I want to do a swap, but... well, this particular swap was my idea, and I meant to organize the first round, then life got in the way, and I didn't get to even join.  Roll Eyes  And now it's on its round 4!  And I've still never joined. (um, I had a baby!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2011 06:44:03 AM »

Love the red and white necklace. It looks awesome with more than one color. And what a clever idea about the clasps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2011 07:20:37 AM »

I love the red necklace and bangle set...It looks like such a fun and satisfying project!

I have already put the necklace on my to do list...I want to join the mini art quilt but what I want to make is something that I want for my own wall! Cheesy

I think I will see after I finish up my purse swap...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: February 15, 2011 12:33:33 PM »

This is what became of my botched mug rug:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=366592.msg4391924#msg4391924

Now I have to chose new fabrics for it, because I don't want the two items to match.  That strikes me as being *too* weird.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pretty Planters
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...