A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,138
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 125
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-Fake Swapping Craft-along (ongoing)  (Read 168940 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« on: January 09, 2011 06:32:08 PM »

PLEASE NOTE:  This is an ongoing fun craftalong where you are your own partner...post your fake swaps ,your projects, and comment on your own flakiness or wonderfulness...BUT, this thread is no longer being updated by me, the moderator who took over for superhooker...

Ok, so some of us over in the Craft For ME Craftalong were talking about how we love to swap so much that we don't really end up making things for ourselves, so we decided to form a side craftalong, for fake swapping.

This is a craftalong for swap junkies.

Do you love swapping?  Do you love getting inspired by swap themes?  Do you maybe get more done with a deadline?

BUT.....

Are you trying to save money? (shipping is pricey!), or maybe you love a theme, but you want to make certain items?  

Whatever your reasons, feel free to join up!
In this craftalong we will be "fake-joining" swaps that are current.  Then we will craft along the parameters of the swap, and at the end of the swap period we will give ourselves the things we have made!

For example...
I want to join the Mug Rug swap, but I don't have a lot of money for shipping this month, and I really want a mug rug that goes with the theme of my kitchen, so I'm going to fake swap.

I will post in this thread like this:

My name is superhooker
I am joining the mug rug swap
I will make 1 mug rug for this swap
It is due by Feb 21, 2011

And now I'm signed up!

I (superhooker) am organizing this fake swap, so I'll keep track of all the participants, and send out reminders when people's swaps are almost due.  When you have finished your item(s), please post here gallery style, so we can all congratulate you!!

Just to be clear, you can sign up here to fake-participate in ANY swap...and I'll let you fake-join up to 5 fake-swaps.

Please, only sign up if you are serious about completing the swaps.  I understand that life happens, but I'll take time every day (or 2 or 3) to update everything, so please don't sign up if you're not going to try, you know?

There is a very real possibility that there will be prizes for people who finish their fake-swaps....I'm just sayin....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014 07:02:09 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011 06:34:13 PM »

List of fake swappers! (In order of initial sign-up!)

GREEN=Positive Feedback
BLUE=Late but with communication
RED= LATE!!!  Hurry up!
POOPIE:  FLAKED!!

Open Swaps:

redflags
Make a Purse Due 2/28

HippieKender
Another Make a Purse Swap due 2/28/11

greenfaerie
Gnome Swap  Due 2/18/2011

thelastkodama
Colette Mini Bloomers Swap due 3/14

psyche
Make a Purse and Fill It Swap  Due 2/28/2011

alwaysinmyroom
Make a Purse and Fill It Swap  Due 2/28/2011-late but communicating with partner getting an angel!!

luckdragon
Anthropologie Knockoff Swap  Due 3/5/2011-late but with good communication

Katara
Make a Purse & Fill it Swap  Due 2/28/2011

audio
Whendonverse Swap due 4/14

Craft My Wist Swap due 4/15

Guineverefree
Journal for a month swap  Due 3/1/2011

lydiaharper
Small Gnome swap  Due 2/18/2011 late but with communication

beckashell
Journal for a month swap  Due 2/24/2011

dharma_rebel
Make a Purse and Fill It Swap  Due 2/28/2011

craftADDchick
Embroider Hoopla R4 due 3/21-late but with communication

Reading Swap due 3/28

Amigurumi Addiction Swap due 4/11

playswithneedles

Character Dotee Swap due 4/22

icekibby
Anime/Manga Swap due 5/15

Ralph

Peacock Swap due 4/14

Fat Quarter Swap due 4/16

textilejnkie

Wicked Circus Altered Tin Swap due 4/1

MunLtStmpr
Tudor Swap due 4/2

goldfishpollywog
British TV Comedy Swap due 3/22

Amigurumi Swap due 4/11

new_bee
Fill a Jewelry Box Swap due 2/28

J_Kieviet
Make a Purse and Fill it up due 2/28

hngoodlett
Embroidery Hoopla R4 due 3/21/11

Jolyon
Moomin Swap due 3/4/11

musiclady
Embroidery Hoopla R4 due 3/21/11

How Lovely
One Tiny Harry Potter Thing R2 due 3/31

One Tiny Miyazaki Swap due 3/26

Peacock Swap due 4/12

Craft My Wist Swap due 4/15

surreal
Need to watch this member as she is prone to random acts of weirdness...

Random Acts of Kindness Swap due 4/23-completed one act of kindness that we know of (I am sure there were many more...) Positive so far

Yarn or Fabric
Mini Art Quilt Swap

imera
Spring/Easter Swap due 4/16

Tim Burton Swap due 4/16

Craft my Wist Swap due 4/16

One Tiny Stuffie Swap due 4/16

CadaverXStitch
Adults Only Swap due 3/28

meleriffic
Crafty Detective Swap due 4/29

ThreadOrYarn
Be Awesome Swap due 3/14/113/31/11--partner agreed to later due date...Cheesy

*************COMPLETED SWAPS: GREAT JOB--POSITIVE FEEDBACK GIVEN**********
kaz814
Mug Rug Swap  Due 2/21/2011. POSITIVE FEEDBACK: gorgeous mug rug; shipped early; partner was very pleased with it!

Onyxnox
Make a Purse Swap  Due 2/28/2011---POSITIVE FEEDBACK:  Shipped wwaaaayyyy fast, sent awesome bag, partner very proud!!!  Great fake swapper!!!

redflags
Anthropologie Accessory Knockoff Swap  Due 3/5/2011---POSITIVE FEEDBACK: superfast shipping, awesome item!  Great fake swapper!!

Bookmark Round 3 due 2/19- SPOSITIVE FEEDBACK: spoiled her partner and her son!  What a great swap partner and Mom!

HippieKender
Make a Purse Swap  Due 2/28/2011---POSITIVE FEEDBACK: ultra fast shipper, made an awesome purse!  Wonderful fake swapper!!!

bananaleg
Beginners Inchies Swap  Due 2/16/2011POSITIVE FEEDBACK: almost flaked but due to forgetfulness, not out of meanness! Cheesy  Excellent job for first time inchie maker...positive that she will be making many more for her awesome partner!

thelastkodama
Terribly Important SOB Swap  Due 2/7/2011 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: lace parasol was way beyond expectation!  Bread box was well done and will be put to good use by her partner!

Mug Rug Swap  Due 2/21/2011 - POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Awesome partner!  Sent a very nice mug rug!

Katara
One Tiny WWP Imbolc Thing Round 25  Due 1/28/2011 POSITIVE FEEDBACK:  Met deadline and her partner's expectations!

grimmscreed
Small Gnome Swap Due 2/18/2011POSITIVE FEEDBACK: First time quilting but she did a great job!  Partner was very pleased!

audio
The Star Swap Due  2/23/2011 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Excellent swapper! Good communication!

Embroidery Hoopla R4 due 3/21/11 POSITIVE FEEDBACK:  Whoa! Super super fast in getting her partner 2 hoops!

lydiaharper
One Tiny WWP Thing Imbolc Swap  Due 1/28/2011 POSITIVE FEEDBACK:  Wonderful purple goodness and even sent an extra!

icebyrd67
Sweet and Easy Valentine's Day Swap Round 2  Due 2/7/2011POSITIVE FEEDBACK: What lovely goodies!   A bit late but Partner agreed on new deadline date!  Package sent went beyond expectations!

Belladune
Beginner Inchies Swap  Due 2/16/2011 POSITIVE FEEBACK: Excellent Inchie skills!  Great communication!  Sent an extra awesome Altered Altoid tin!

craftADDchick
Mug Rug Swap  Due 2/21/2011 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: super swapper! always meets deadlines!

Star Swap  Due 2/23/2011POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Unbelievable amount of goodies for her awesome partner!  Partner PM'd me with how thrilled she was with this package!

1Dotee, 1 ATC and 4 Inchies Swap  Due 2/12/2011 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Excellent swapper--always goes beyond the minimum! Sent extra inchie!

astormurray
Winter Baby/Kiddo Birthday Swap Due 2/1/11--POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Excellent swapper!  Really knew her partner's taste! Must have done a lot of stalking!

Mug Rug Swap due 2/21 POSITIVE FEEDBACK:  Cute kid inspired mug--and unbelievable, but she made her partner a birthday cake!  Love this swapper!

MunLtStmpr
Gratitude Inchies due 1/31POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Partner received personal inchies and reported that she loved them!

Crafted Notecards due 2/23 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Made 14 individual notecards--each one stunning; great communication--took excellent pics and posted for her partner who was unable to post pics Wink

bluepaisen
One Tiny Stuffie Swap due 1/24 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: sent super fast and made super cute stuffie

Crafted Notecards Swap due 2/2 POSTIVE FEEDBACK: sent 5 artsy cards that certainly are the envy of the (fake) swap!

Wall Art (round 3) due 2/11 POSITIVE FEEDBACK:  Great job making her partner a cherished piece of art!

1 dotee, 1 ATC, 4 Inchies Swap due 2/12 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Very innovative swapper!  Awesome altoid tin dotee...partner was very happy!

kwiltykate
Mug Rug Swap due 2/7 communicated with partner and "sent" a bit late! POSITIVE FEEDBACK: picked the perfect colors for her partner

Scrap Strip Block Swap due 2/7 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Forgot she got this done for her partner, but since it is so cute and we can blame it on baby brain, I would say this was a successful swap!

goldfishpollywog
Bookmark Swap (3) due 2/19 POSITIVE FEEDBACK:  wow--great swapper!  Bookmarks were clever and totally loved by her partner!  Also sent candy, which is always a great extra! Cheesy

meleriffic
Anthropolgie Inspired Accessory Swap due 3/5/11 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: shipped super fast and picked the perfect color for her parnter!

lillianpearl
Anthroplogie Inspired Accessory Swap due 3/5/11POSITIVE FEEDBACK: unbelievably generous partner! Sent lovely earrings that will be the hit of summer parties!

strawberryh
Sock Monkey 3 Swap due 3/15/11POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Partner 's cdaughter loved loved the sock monkey!  Great comunication--substituted clothing for mug rug and everyone was pleased!

edelc
One Tiny WWP Imbolc Thing Round 25 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Forgot to let organizer know she was joining a swap but posted awesome stuff so all is forgiven! Wink

imera
Matchbox Swap R4 due 2/18/11 POSITIVE FEEDBACK: made deadline in 3 hours!  Sent lots of awesome goodies to her partner!

Sejimara
Reading Swap POSITIVE FEEDBACK:  Great bargain hunter!  Sent two lovely bookmarkers along with the books!

GoldfishGirl
Colette Mini Bloomer Swap due 3/4POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Went above and beyond when the first pair were...uhm...just downright unsuitable! Second attempt were way cuter and accepted by her partner...excellent swapper!

surreal
Wicked Circus Altered Tin Swap due 4/1-POSITIVE FEEDBACK:Awesome and weird partner sent awesome and weird creatures!  Everyone loved the little tin of creatures!

icekibby
OTT Miyazaki Swap due 3/26- POSITIVE FEEDBACK: "sent" ahead of deadline and made such an awesome project ; fulfilled the requirements with Totoro cuteness!

edited as of 3/24/11!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012 10:56:44 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011 06:51:49 PM »

Hey, prizes and an official list? Cool, you're going all out. Wink

I'm in and plan to be watching throughout! Though I have to decide which swaps I will fake join and which I will real join, before I fake sign up for anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011 07:28:05 PM »

Okay, I'm in!  Cheesy

I'm kaz814 and I am fake-joining the mug rug swap.
I will make one mug rug by 2/21/2011.

Woot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011 07:44:10 PM »

Keeping an eye on this one...  I do have two swaps on my plate now, but may need a fire lit to make stuff for me.  Will have to explore what other swaps are happening.....

OK, I'm in. 

I am Onyxnox, and I am fake-joining the Make A Purse swap, and will make a purse/tote by 02/28. 

It will also help me improve my sewing skills, as per my NY's resolutions!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011 07:51:11 PM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio

Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

keep it weird

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011 08:19:59 PM »

What an awesome idea! Totally participating!! No swaps I want to fake join right now, but I check the swap board everyday! Thanks for organizing superhooker!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redflags
Right behind you.

Attention span of a caffeinated gerbil

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011 10:07:37 PM »

Thanks for heading this, superhooker!

My name is redflags
I am joining the anthropologie necklace or accessory knockoff swap
I will make 1 accessory for this swap
It is due by March 5, 2011

Sweet!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterests
Etsy

50 Projects in 2011!
Project on Every Board, Craftalong for ME, Fake Swapping Craft-along, Patchwork Sampler Blanket knitalong
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011 01:52:53 AM »

What a fun idea!! I shall definitely join when I find a swap I can't join!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lieblings

Fishes Need Kisses!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011 06:20:56 AM »

Awesome idea!

I'm new, so I can't join a swap but jeeez do I want a mugrug!

I start my new semester tomorrow and am working on a quilt top, so I'll wait until I have a better handle on things before I commit, but kudos on a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011 06:55:11 AM »

I love this one. I'll figure out if there's any swaps I need to fake join tonight. I will love watching this one for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 125 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop
How to Create a Fade Effect in Photoshop
How to Copy and Paste in Photoshop
How to Create a Lightsaber in Photoshop
How to Change Hair Color in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...