A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
799 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Custom Kitchenaid Mixer: Hawaii 5-0 Edition (lots o' pics!)  (Read 22448 times)
Tags for this thread: mixer , recon , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

coloringmyworld

I want to be crafty forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2011 05:46:51 PM »

This is rad!  I have a new one and now I want to sand it down and paint it up!  Too cool Smiley  Be proud!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ambientsoul
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2011 10:35:08 PM »

You FREEHANDED the flowers?! Holy crap, talented!!! Awesome job, i freakin love it. I have a mixer just like this...perhaps there's a funky patterned appliance in my future ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafty DIY Housewife
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2011 06:34:37 PM »

I so love this!!!! I'm inspired...thinking about a makeover for my very ugly but so wonderful sewing machine! U did a fantastic job! I even pulled my hubby in here to look at it...he thought it was cool but he insists that mine doesn't need a makeover its only a year old....thus the sewing machine might get one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vicbowling
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2011 02:56:28 PM »

So cool! I love the Hawaiian theme! Is that high-gloss, acrylic diamond-finish sealant that you used the same kind that is used in stamping projects, or is that a regular artist's acrylic product? I have some diamond finish for paper crafts but it would cost a lot to use it on such a large surface. I love the high gloss finished that you managed to get though-way cool!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
so.breathless
Shiny objects...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2011 07:03:30 AM »

That is one seriously snazzy mixer... I'm a tad green over it. I want one XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amberlybites
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2011 01:56:04 AM »

My tiki loving boyfriend is in love with this mixer and so am i! amazing colors and design! wanna paint mine now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ravenwitch
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2011 07:20:13 PM »

Wow that looks amazing!  It makes me want to paint all my appliances. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phantome
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2011 03:34:43 PM »

Is that high-gloss, acrylic diamond-finish sealant that you used the same kind that is used in stamping projects, or is that a regular artist's acrylic product?

No, it was Krylon appliance paint from the hardware store, in the spray paint section. It's diamond-finish, food-grade, clear, heat-resistant, acrylic high-gloss spray, about $5 for a can. I just sprayed and sprayed and sprayed until there was none left, so the entire can of finish is on my mixer. Smiley It comes in white, almond, black, and clear, so you can use it on your stove, fridge, etc. The finish was a little rubbery feeling the first week, but slowly hardened up to the point that it won't even scratch if I drag a knife across it. I have no doubts that this finish can take a beating (and for the last 6 months, it has! It looks just as good as the week I finished it!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is my signature; there are many like it, but this one is mine.
roccstarr75
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2011 01:57:41 AM »

Your post almost made me cry!  I lost EVERYTHING in a house fire in February and I had an awesome professional KA mixer I was going to do something like this to.  I wasn't sure exactly how to go about it, but now its gone.  *snif*  Your post inspired me though because i WILL be getting another one and I WILL be painting it!!!  Oh, and for future reference, when painting one color on top of anoher, put a base coat of white first and you'll get a better finished product.  The flowers look good in the pix, but I know what you mean about having to do so many coats.  You could have probably gotten by with 2-3 coats if you had done 1 white coat first.  Awesome job, and awesome find!  Love the Hawaii theme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jasminewolverine
Jack of all trades, master of none!

Extrapolate that!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2011 01:35:39 PM »

What a great find, and you've really done a beautiful job updating it! I love the color scheme and it is just so well done. It's obvious that you paid a lot of attention to detail and to doing it right, and your work paid off! Awesome work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap for stuff for my lonely, empty walls!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do the Slip Knot Braid
Styling Curly Hair - How to Style Curly Hair
Natural Treatments For Dandruff
Clamp-Free Curling Iron - Sultra Bombshell Product Review
Hair Tips For Men
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...