A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Custom Kitchenaid Mixer: Hawaii 5-0 Edition (lots o' pics!)  (Read 22451 times)
Tags for this thread: mixer , recon , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Git Down Kitty
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2011 12:00:19 PM »

Oh my gosh. This is so absolutely amazing. If I had an ounce of painting talent I would so do this to my Kitchenaid. My Mom might shoot me if I mess it up, though, as mine was not cheap and it was a wedding gift from her.  Smiley

You totally got the deal of the century on that thing! And it just is so cool now!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lizefd
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2011 06:48:40 PM »

First of all that rocks!  Second if you feel the bowl looks a little worn next to the new amazing paint job maybe there is a way to redo it too.  I wonder if you could paint the exterior of the bowl (probably not dw safe).  Or see about getting the finish professionally recoated in chrome of something like they do for motorcycle piece.  You did such an amazing job I think it would be worth it. But it does look amazing as it is too.  Wonder what other old appliances I can try this on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phantome
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2011 07:55:39 AM »

Yay! I'm so excited that my little mixer made the featured projects, thanks everyone! It's nice to show it off to an appreciative crowd, especially when I know so many people who don't understand the "point" of wasting time doing artsy-craftsy stuff. Their loss, I guess. Smiley

Lizefd, the bowl is much shinier IRL, but it doesn't seem to translate into pictures. It's like burnished steel. More matte than the newer bowls, but still shiny and just a bit darker. I think it looks OK for now, but I'll definitely keep the chrome idea in mind; That would be a very slick-looking mixer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is my signature; there are many like it, but this one is mine.
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2011 10:21:08 AM »

Incredible!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

You could make a living doing customs like this! It's very professionaly executed. Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
kjsuttles

reduce, reuse, recycle

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2011 01:32:14 PM »

Amazing! This is the coolest kitchenaid blender i ever did see!!! I have been waiting to get a kitchen aid mixer - I hope I score an old one like you did!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clarachk
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2011 10:01:22 AM »

OH... MY... WORD! This baby would make the rest of my NEWER appliances jealous! I love that you included all the work details in the description. This is frigging EXCELLENT! I cannot BELIEVE you scored it for 5 bucks.... and even more unbelievable is that it was already rewired and retrofitted for today's attachments. I am amazed at what some paint and a lot of patience can getcha! You really worked it! All in all. FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created." ~Albert Einstein

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Houlihan
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011 04:52:43 AM »

That really is one of the coolest things. It makes me want the summer so badly with all it's happy colors! Or to just go someplace warm like Hawaii, you know, whichever...!!
Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My happy little blog: www.whippedlife.com
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2011 10:54:35 AM »

The Kitchenaid is my love, but if i were to paint it like this... my sister would steal it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
MossyKt
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2011 08:39:07 PM »

I have a old mixer just like that! But I never use it because it is so heavy and it is kinda ugly just sitting on my counter all the time but if I make it pretty like your I would have it out all the time!!! Thanks for the idea! It's going on my mega list of to-do projects now!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2011 08:05:04 PM »

This is just *MIND BLOWING* !!!!!  O.O  *jaw dropped*  O.O  *THUMBS UP*  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut a One Line Length
How to Cut Graduation
How Not to Damage Your Hair
How to Analise Your Hair Type
How to Blow Dry Hair
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...