A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer outfit...*Five pictures*  (Read 5688 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missgurle17
Miss Dana Rae

XoXo, Dana

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2005 11:36:38 PM »

Wow would this look so much better if I was thin *sigh*... I hate failure involving diets... Anyways onto the garments...

I found this fabric at walmart for a dollar a yard, it stretchs and is kind of thick...I bought four yards, and I have about one left. Made the skirt a few nights ago and the top tonight, it took about 1-2 hours for the skirt and 2-3 for the top (don't know why it took so long...) I didn't use a pattern for either. I usually suck at making things without patterns, but this time I kind of planned it out.

Close up of the top

The skirt (Please excuse the gross bug bite on my hip)

Outfit front

Outfit back (I like this one...and yes those are my panties...)

And this one...because I like playing with photos...and it looks cool...

Also if you can't tell it waist band is folded down... I made it WAY to big... I don't even need the zipper...but whatever... I doubt I'll fix it since it looks fine how it is...

So what do you guys think?

<3, Dana
(P.s. thanks for looking!)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009 01:34:21 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. - don't mind me! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

XoXo, Dana Rae

I have 50 gmail invitations, this is a great invite only email service. Email me if you are interested.
mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005 11:48:10 PM »

I love it I love it I love it!!!!!!!!!  How did you make the top? How did you measure and cut the pieces for it, to get the fabris so smooth on the back and bob-able Wink Cheesy in the front?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
skuterrat
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005 11:53:59 PM »

I love the skirt.  Smiley  This is one of my new favorite kinds of clothing because it's as comfy as sweats, but looks so much nicer.  The wide foldable waistbands are the best!

I'm not overly fond of strapless tops because I always feel naked in them, but I'm impressed by how "not bunchy" and fitted it looks.  What's on the front?  Ribbon?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
educo
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005 12:24:06 AM »

You look beautiful.. that top really compliments your bustline, with the gathering in the center.  I'm big breasted myself and I have always liked this type of style line.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missgurle17
Miss Dana Rae

XoXo, Dana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005 12:26:26 AM »

How did you make the top? How did you measure and cut the pieces for it, to get the fabris so smooth on the back and bob-able Wink Cheesy in the front?
I measured my bust/waist/hips then for the bust I measured from underarm to underarm, front and back. SO when I cut it the back was smaller than the front and I sewed it together  and it looked somewhat like a half circle...does that make any sense?

I'm not overly fond of strapless tops because I always feel naked in them, but I'm impressed by how "not bunchy" and fitted it looks. What's on the front? Ribbon?

I've gotten better with tank tops/strapless tops lately, mostly because it's summer (well feels like it, damn desert I live in) But I always have my 'cover up' sweater with me. It is kind of 'bunchy' in the waist, thats because of the 13inch difference between that and my hips...but I get that with everything...*sigh* And Yes it's ribbon...five different pieces sewn together, wow was that work...

<3, Dana
THIS ROCKS   Logged

XoXo, Dana Rae

I have 50 gmail invitations, this is a great invite only email service. Email me if you are interested.
DevilDoll
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005 01:27:53 AM »

That's an awesome outfit !! Very flattering & the fabric looks comfy too.  It would be cool if you made something in that groovy pink stuff  (or something in a similar color) for your hair like a fabric rose barette. (Yes, I *do* watch too many old movies  Smiley)

Hope that bug bite gets better soon - it looks painful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Realchick87
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005 03:46:48 AM »

Ur outfit is cute and so are u  Wink We are to hard on ourselves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
youlittlerabbit
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005 07:33:05 AM »

that is wonderful and summery, and it looks really comfy. what is the pink stuff down the front- vinyl??

p.s. you look great just as you are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrazyFool
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005 07:46:04 AM »

Looooooooooove the top...I love white in the summer time!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well...Damn The Man!!!
fleagirl
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005 08:43:44 AM »

that outfit is awesome! i especially love the top. it shows your curves fabulously.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we're special in other ways, ways our mothers appreciate.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mark Millar Nemesis Chat
The Dragon Tales Cartoon from Sacramento, California
Painting Prehistoric California
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 3/3
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 2/3
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...