A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 301,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gir Hat love  (Read 1604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Radmom
« on: January 08, 2011 10:42:32 PM »

Well my youngest daughter T has bee been into Invader Zim since she was very little because her siblings watched it, now she can watch it again...Desperately, she whimpered and moaned that I make her something as long it was Gir.

She was happy when she came home a couple of days ago, and this was waiting on her bed for her. She came downstairs shouting...
"OMG!"  People are sooooooo envious of me at school and they don't even know it yet!"

LOL I guess I did okay. Thanks to all the lovely ideas I have seen on crafters. Naturally, I eyeballed several different pictures and then...just went for it. I stuff the eyeballs to make them puffy.

Thanks for the inspiration from all of you that have knitted or crocheted a Gir Hat. I finally made one for a happy kid! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011 01:26:44 AM »

Oh, that turned out super cute! I bet all of her friends were really jealous when they saw it. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Supermutts
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011 04:26:19 AM »

this is the cutest hat ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." -Captain Mal
amymarie78
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011 05:47:21 AM »

Fantastic!  I bet your son is super cute in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjr107
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011 04:18:51 PM »

My 17 yr old ran in from the other room when this loaded. 
Darn, now I gotta make her one.... is there a pattern that you used?

tootles
PJ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Radmom
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011 05:15:34 PM »

Not  really....find a beanie/skull cap patter you love. Then I made two half  balls  amigurumi style for the eyes, I made my puffy using filler... The Tongue I did a small row of double crochet and just seemed the center with the red...then did the black stitch... I made mine pretty tight because I wanted to let her position the tongue in crazy shapes:P

I'm still learning how to "make patterns," which I spend so much time thinking stuff up that I never write it down. I eyeball everything I do. I even cook that way...I seldom use measurements.

I'm sorry if that didn't help at all...Maybe, soon I will try and write it so it sounds right.

Just for the record, my 16 year is mad I made one for her baby sister, BEFORE I made HER one...but....She is a big Vlog Brothers fan...so I am gonna do something soon for that..Shhhhh:P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjr107
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011 09:46:35 PM »

Not  really....find a beanie/skull cap patter you love. Then I made two half  balls  amigurumi style for the eyes, I made my puffy using filler... The Tongue I did a small row of double crochet and just seemed the center with the red...then did the black stitch... I made mine pretty tight because I wanted to let her position the tongue in crazy shapes:P

I'm still learning how to "make patterns," which I spend so much time thinking stuff up that I never write it down. I eyeball everything I do. I even cook that way...I seldom use measurements.

I'm sorry if that didn't help at all...Maybe, soon I will try and write it so it sounds right.

Just for the record, my 16 year is mad I made one for her baby sister, BEFORE I made HER one...but....She is a big Vlog Brothers fan...so I am gonna do something soon for that..Shhhhh:P

Hey, I can understand about the pattern stuff.... I can't follow one let alone write down what I do.  But it does help.... in a crazy way, it does Smiley
And figured out I can only look on here at night; my kids keep eyeing all the projects up and saying "hey, when are you going to make me one of those?!?!"

tootles
PJ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SweetzieBat
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011 07:24:16 PM »

THAT is awesome! You are a super cool mom!

I was a little freak out by the shape and size of your daughter's head, until I realized it was your hand/arm modeling the hat! LOL >__<
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
JFK Authors Find Conspiracy Theories Sell Lots of Books
Craig Carton Talks About New York Teams
Craig Carton on the Most Overrated Franchise in Sports
The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls
Famous Author Held Coke-Fueled Parties
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...