A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,512
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, 2011  (Read 41254 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mieljolie
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2011 07:40:17 PM »

Just received a great swap package today from oohmybees (aka: Crafterella) today.  Yippee!  More goodies to post about!  It's been like Christmas over here!

She's an awesome knitter!  She knitted me a really wonderful hood!  It has fasteners and looks like a capelet from the front...

...but when I need it, I can just pull the hood over my head.  She was a little upset about the size/fit when she was making it, but I think its great and love it.  It's gonna look awesome with my steampunk outfits!

She also crocheted me a beautiful bonus neck warmer just in case the hood didn't fit.  Shhh....Don't tell her, but I'd have been happy with just the neck warmer.  Wink  But, I wouldn't part with either.

I also got one of her really cool "Instant Cemeteries" that are so popular on Etsy.  They are foam core backed tombstones and other grave settings that each stand on their own and are stored in the matching decorative paint can.  So clever.  It's even better in person.  Can't wait to set these out for Halloween.  Might even have to set them out year round!

She sent not one but TWO necklaces.  My mom's been wanted one of her "Mokume Gane Amulet" container necklaces since our last swap two years ago.  Yay!  She sent one for her birthday this month!  Mom's a happy camper!  The pretty purple bottle necklace is for storing wishes.  She included some tiny sheets of paper to write wishes on to put inside.  It's precious.

Take a look at these coin envelopes she stamped with custom stamps that she made.  Really cool.  I love the gears and the peacock eye.

If that wasn't enough, she also included a Bellydance Costuming Book.  I'm sure it will inspire and help us make some fabulous outfits.

Thank you, thank you, Korinne, for the fabulous package!  I'm looking forward to next time!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011 08:16:38 PM by mieljolie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

oohmybees
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2011 07:57:11 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything  Cheesy  I wish that hood had been bigger (seriously I stretched it over 6 inches when I blocked it and it's still too small!), I'm still pouting about that.  I'm going to try that pattern again and see if I can get a better fit, I think I need some bulkier yarn.

I love the stuff you sent so much, thanks again for swapping with me, I look forward to doing it again  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mieljolie
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2011 12:33:17 AM »

...I wish that hood had been bigger (seriously I stretched it over 6 inches when I blocked it and it's still too small!), I'm still pouting about that...

I do love everything!  No need to pout.  We've all had those projects that leave us boggled.  Smiley  Sorry to hear it's still vexing you.  Have you been able to contact the author of the pattern about the gauge?  Just so you know, you can make as many of those as you want til you get it just perfect.  I'd be happy to take the rejects off your hand for you.  Wink  **nudge, nudge, wink, wink**

Til next time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2011 01:25:38 AM »

Wow Mieljolie, that is an AMAZING package. You are one talented lady oohmybees. Everyone of thoes items is amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2011 10:15:18 AM »

We were partnered in the OTHPT2 Swap and Lilak Tygress felt she needed to add to what she had already sent- I was blown away by her generosity!
She made me these beautiful stitch markers!
The whole set
Star Wars-SW logo, R2D2, Tatooine & Death Star
Harry Potter- Houses, Sorting Hat, Lightning Bolt & Snitch
Twilight- Apple, Wolf, Diamond & Forks, WA

They are some of my favorite things! Star Wars, Harry Potter and Twilight, just amazed. Thank you so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
sarabunny

Addicted to Swapping

« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2011 11:12:10 AM »

The lovely tiamatfire and I were paired up for the One Tiny Harry Potter Thing swap, but decided we were feeling too creative for just an OTT. So we did a personal swap! Look at the awesome stuff she made for me!

A switchplate right off my wist and a deathly hallows scrabble tile necklace.

A cheshire cat switchplate, TWO Alice scrabble tile necklaces, and a whole ton of classic Alice magnets.

Close up of the magnets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2011 07:16:39 PM »

OMG!  I LOVE that hood cape..and all the other stuff too  Grin

I got a package from Babalina when I was on my trip to my folks and now I get to post the AMAZING things she sent me.  This is after she and I have been tortured by the post office.  They lost the first one at Christmas (I think the evil (not that they ALL are) postal people have figured out how cool her stuff is so they STOLD it ), and then she sent off another one...that her terribly evil postal outlet RAN OVER in their evil truck.  But the kind postal faeries made sure this one got to me and I'm So HAPPY!!

This is one of the surviving two beer steins that she etched for me..the other four got ground into the other things she made when..well I mentioned that all ready..The blanket is a super soft minky on both sides and the letters stand for Best Friends Forever In The Box..which we totally are Grin

This is the super cool "eye ball" bracelet she made for me.  I LOVE it and it fits just perfectly.  I bought the bangle bracelets the day before I got the package and they so go with it I had to show them too.

Then I opened a tiny box and found THIS.  An inspirational rock, and the most beautiful necklace I own!

and a close up just for luck..

and THEN I found this hoop(ala) of my favo critter on the planet, my poodle Cosmo!!!  I ssqqquuueed when I saw it Grin

She also made him so peanutbutter whole wheat cookies that he was frantic to get to when I started to open the box.  He LOVEs um Grin

I also got this cool box stuffed full of whimsies...love the tiny box

and THEN THEN she sent a bunch of crafty extras too!

The white envelope is disposable moisturizing socks, which I immediatly put on, and my hooves did seem a lot softer the next day.  She sent several boxes of Altoids, and I gave a few to my Mom to empty out for me.  The too shiny to see things are 2 packs of Halloween buttons.

Thanks so much BabsyBaby!!  I love everything, but I love us being BFFITB most of all Grin
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011 07:25:12 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2011 07:37:57 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything  Cheesy  I wish that hood had been bigger (seriously I stretched it over 6 inches when I blocked it and it's still too small!), I'm still pouting about that.  I'm going to try that pattern again and see if I can get a better fit, I think I need some bulkier yarn.

I love the stuff you sent so much, thanks again for swapping with me, I look forward to doing it again  Smiley
I love the hood, did you use a pattern or just made it up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
oohmybees
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2011 07:56:18 PM »

I love the hood, did you use a pattern or just made it up?

I bought the pattern and modified it to open in the front.  The pattern was fine (I love all of her designs), I didn't swatch because it was a turtleneck with a hood and I didn't think I could mess that up, but my gauge must have been waaaaay off.  I'll try it again with different yarn.  Mieljolie's is wool and I'm allergic, but maybe heavier cotton.

Wow Mieljolie, that is an AMAZING package. You are one talented lady oohmybees. Everyone of thoes items is amazing.
Smiley Thanks, this is our second swap and I really Love her BOO'ts
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2011 10:15:39 AM »

Oh, my gosh... i'm in love with that hood!!

I love all those stitch markers, too. Especially the Forks one (mainly because i just love anything shaped like Washington).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the White Balance and Color Sampler Tools
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to View .DNG Images in Bridge
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Downsample and Save for Print
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Flesh Tones by Setting the Gray Point
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set the White Point to Match a Target
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...