A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 305,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Credit card processing app  (Read 1835 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HardLuckGal
« on: January 07, 2011 06:16:11 PM »

Has anyone tried the square app for credit card processing? I got an iPad for Christmas and I downloaded the app but haven't tried it yet. Anyone using it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eamea
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011 10:01:55 PM »

I just started using it last weekend, and it's a keeper!  It's been a few months since the initial post - have you tried it yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's one in every family, and I'm an only child.
joelstitch
Post-Apocalyptic Gear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011 05:00:57 PM »

I want to get something similar for my Blackberry but they charge a monthly fee plus transaction fee. The one for the Blackberry is called ROAMpay. Do you have a monthly fee for the Square? I have been using paypal to make credit card transactions for now until I figure out a better (cheap) way.

For the iPhone and iPad there's a few apps that you can get probably for free. Search YouTube for "credit card iphone" and a few things will come up. And for the blackberry there are a few apps also, some are free some are not but for all of them you need a merchant account for which you have to pay a monthly fee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011 10:20:08 PM »

I got Square to use at a show a couple of weeks ago,  I tested it by charging myself with one of my own credit cards and that worked fine.  I ended up with no credit card users at the show so never actually used that part of Square.

But I also discovered that they also have a cash feature that I could set to automatically add in tax and send a receipt.  And I love the feature on the iPad where I can load pictures up and use the pictures to pull up the prices.

There's no monthly free for Square and the per sale free is deducted from the credit charge.  There was no cost for the cash transactions.  I did need to get internet service through AT&T because the place the sale was held didn't have wi-fi.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011 07:15:12 AM »

Any more experiences with the squareup app? I am in the process of switching phone providers (can't stand ATT anymore) and I am looking at getting an android.

Does anyone out there use the squareup app with their android? If so which model android and how do you like it?

also, for the 2.75% transaction fee, does anyone out there charge that to their customers- Something like- "All credit cards require a 2.75% transaction fee".

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candeo
Candlemaker Caitlin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011 05:51:34 PM »

I've been using the square app for about 4 months at weekend farmers markets and I love it! I first used it on my Droid and now on my new HTC Thunderbird and it works great on both phones. I have never charged a fee for credit cards and the fee per transaction really doesn't bother me because simply accepting credit cards boosted my sales and compensated for the fee. I sell candles, and I would say that my sales increased by 25-30% when I first started accepting credit cards.  You won't believe how many people go to farmers markets with no cash!  It's kind of fun to use as well because the customers really seem to get a kick out of signing there name on a phone, I'm always getting comments on how "cool" it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candeo Candle
Scented Soy Beeswax Candles
HardLuckGal
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011 02:35:57 PM »

I have been using Square for a while now, both on my WiFi enabled iPad and on my android HTC Sensation and am very happy with it. You can use it seamlessly between the 2 devices when you need to. As a long time propay user I really enjoy the ease of Square, no paper receipts to deal with and the iPad app let's you easily track item sales even with cash. A keeper for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Your Virtual Film Speed
How to Choose Your Shutter Speed
Recipe Photo Shoot
How to Clean a Camera Lens
How to Make a Mini Tripod for Your Camera
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...