A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 307,994
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cable Fingerless Gloves  (Read 1113 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

new_bee
« on: January 07, 2011 03:13:03 PM »

So, some time ago I decided to make myself wristwarmers (or would you say fingerless gloves?  Huh I always mix up stuff like that). I already had some but they were a present by my dad and a little too big ("Really? They didn't fit me..."). At first I wanted to take a pattern from here and had even set my mind on one, but gifts for birthdays and Christmas kept me from doing them for a month or so. Last sunday I decided to finally start them but I wanted to make up my own pattern, which is a first for me. Inspired by the current challenge I didn't go for 'something with holes' but cables.
So, after  I learned how to do them and purchasing some yarn I started them. I didn't want the cables to run lenghtwise as usually but around my arm. So I started but having 5 rather thick cables next to each other looked, well a bit boring and very thick. I then ripped everything apart and altered some of the cables - thin ones without a 'break' of simple fpdc on the outsides, then the normal size without the 'break' and in the middle two normal ones.
They are pretty simple, I didn't even do different lengthes or something but simply sewed them together at the ends. Still, I like them very much, they are nice and warm and cozy, and I would be proud anyway just because it's my first project.
So here they come:

the two of them together:

and me wearing them:

C&C welcome Smiley
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011 02:01:10 AM by new_bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
- Terry Pratchett -
meechpaulley
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011 03:54:45 PM »

I think they look great!  I haven't tried to cable knit, so I think you are amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glasstapper
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011 07:03:54 PM »

Hmm... I always thought a wrist warmer was the same as those little armbands joggers wear. I think I'd call these fingerless gloves. Anyway, nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
new_bee
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011 01:57:48 AM »

I think they look great!  I haven't tried to cable knit, so I think you are amazing!

Thanks Cheesy Btw they aren't knit but crochet.

Hmm... I always thought a wrist warmer was the same as those little armbands joggers wear. I think I'd call these fingerless gloves. Anyway, nice work!

Ah, okay, then I'll change that. I am no native English Speaker, that's why I wasn't sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
- Terry Pratchett -
Crafty Butterfly

Everythin's shiny Cap'n

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011 03:36:52 AM »

They look fabulous! I love the look of cable but haven't seen it much in crochet.

Making it long and then stitching it together around the wrist allowing a thumb hole is an awesome idea. I imagine that made it go quicker than crocheting around and having to keep turning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Placemat Shoulder Purse
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...