A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vegetarian/vegan pride swap GALLERY  (Read 4551 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Trish Fantastic
My Clumsiest Line...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011 12:04:52 PM »

So. I didn't expect my stuff until tomorrow but the tracking website had it all wrong! Prepare to be amazed! applesandpumpkins was a fabulous swap partner and the perfect first partner. I am definitely addicted now. Anyhow, check out the goodies!

Here is everything together, not including the card or recipes, which look delicious by the way!

A tofu pin cushion, which now resides next to my sewing machines (safe out of reach from my two pups that think it looks as delicious as the real thing!)
An incredible fox scarf (I LOVE foxes, and as I told applesandpumpkins was blessed with seeing one in my backyard several weeks back and I just about died as I live in a city.) It is made with vegan yarn and as a fellow crocheter I am very impressed with her skills. I am also so in love with the color pallete as most of the animal scarves I have seen like this are just too kid like for my personal tastes but this one is absolutely perfect and I refuse to take it off even though I am starting to overheat! Tongue
And lastly, but certainly not least, the incredible cross stitch that will be my first hoop on my hoopla wall that I am already obsessed with. She said she was trying something new but her stitches look so neat that I almost can't believe it!

And because I think these two definitely need a closer look!

and this...

Aren't the little feet just so cute?! I have to say, I am in no means a squeeler, but that is the only way I can describe the noise I made when I saw this. Smiley

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011 12:13:52 PM »

LOVE that tote bag, and the fabrics for the "little essentials" bag is amazing.

I totally would have squee'd over that fox scarf, too. And what a great start for your hoopla wall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011 02:43:05 PM »

That fox scarf is sweet. I love the hoop as well.

I used acrylic yarn for pusspuss, although one felt quite like wool. The label assures me it isn't, but it just had that feel about it. I checked it out online, and apparently some others had the same hunch, but reasearched and found it was ok. So much effort!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
applesandpumpkins

Kissing cats and making things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011 07:11:27 PM »

I'm really glad you liked everything, thedish!  Grin So sorry I haven't posted pictures yet. I've been super busy, but I love everything so much and I will take pictures as soon as possible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trish Fantastic
My Clumsiest Line...

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011 07:47:08 PM »

No worries!  Wink I figured you had been busy. And as long as you love everything that is the important thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011 10:24:18 AM »

My package from dharma_rebel:

First are a set of dice, they have different foods on each side (veggies, beans, grains, spices etc), you roll them to get ideas for what to cook!  This is a great idea for menu planning, I dont mind cooking but I hate choosing what to make!

Next is a really cute tote bag, I think we will use it when we pick up our organic fruit/veg from a vegan place.  This is really cute! Plus its kinda funny because Levi got a shirt with a similar idea in another swap. (see the shirt here) http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/leighi123/crafts/clothes/DSC05456.jpg

Last is an upcycled hoodie for Levi!  It has his 3 favorite veggies on the back!  And "eat real food" embroidered on the hood.  Levi says its "really fun"   Cheesy

It also matches the shoes I made him:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=370481.msg4356566#msg4356566

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011 10:26:03 AM by leighi123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011 10:28:50 AM »

Hooray! Glad you guys liked everything. I'm REALLY glad Levi likes the hoodie. I had a hard time sending it because DD liked it so much. Guess I'll have to make another.

Looks like my package is out for delivery! Come on, mail lady, get your rear in gear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trish Fantastic
My Clumsiest Line...

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011 11:47:48 AM »

Love the tote! I am a huge fan of that dinosaur pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

applesandpumpkins

Kissing cats and making things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011 01:10:41 PM »

Alright, so I recieved an amazing package from thedish a few days ago and finally got around to taking pictures.

First off, she made this AWESOME owl grocery tote. I had told her that owls are my favorite animal and I love this so much! It's so well made.

And here's the back.

Next is this really cool paper bead braclet that was handmade in Uganda. I'm sort of obsessed with bracelets and this is a great addition to my collection! Ha Smiley

Also, she made me a yeti stuffie! He only eats fruits and vegetables, which makes him all the more cool. I love his carrot Grin

And just for the heck of it, here's the back of him.

And.. a dino sticker! I have no idea what I will put it on yet. I told thedish that I need to find something that's worthy of such an awesome sticker.

Here's one last photo of everything together.

She also sent a note, and three delicious-sounding recipes that were printed out really neatly and laminated. They are pretty perfect for me and I can't wait to try them!
Thanks sooo much for being a great swap partner, thedish. I couldn't be happier with my package. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011 01:41:22 PM »

What we did this afternoon:   http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/leighi123/baby/January%202011/?action=view&current=100_0223.mp4

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Fried Peach Pies with a Cinnamon Crust
How to Make Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies
How to Make an Autumn Fruit Pie Filled with Pears, Apples and Cranberries
How to Make Chewy Coconut Macaroons
Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...