A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Agate and Lace Scarf Knitalong  (Read 18311 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

m*babylon

you can't get there from here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2005 09:05:47 AM »

i started last night with cherry tree hill cotton in martha's vineyard...i adore the colors, and i memorized the pattern after only one row.  this is my new favorite alternative to stockinette or 1x1 scarves!  i love it! so pretty!  i'll post a photo later.  i've been awol on the posts and the photos since we got our new puppy (see left).  i don't have a proper desk and he loves to chew on the various computer cords when i'm set up at the kitchen table, so i have to wait until he goes in the crate for naps to get online & get photos downloaded.

a*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just a city boy, born & raised in south detroit
he took the midnight train going anywhere...
mangosplash
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2005 05:12:18 PM »

That went really fast!  I finished everything except for the beads!  Thanks for sharing this pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?" - Heather Small
Sewer Rat
Fabric will be my downfall!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2005 07:45:46 PM »

Mangosplash, that's very beautiful!  What yarn did you use?  Is it scarflet length?  I can't wait to see it with beads.  Yahoo!

I'm half way finished with my angora stole.  It's 9 1/2" wide and should be 68" long when done.  I'd like both ends to be scalloped.  Should I put the first half on a lifeline, then cast on for the other half, then graft the two together?  I've never grafted anything and I don't know how that would look.

For your viewing pleasure-- angora bunnies:  http://home.pacbell.net/bettychu/2003allbreedbisris/BIS.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005 08:26:14 AM by Sewer Rat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organ donation rocks!  Recycle, reuse!
grusinskaya
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2005 02:13:27 PM »

Wow! Mangosplash--what yarn did you use? That color is fantastic!

I love your stole-version, Sewer Rat. I'm not sure how you would go about grafting the two ends together though, as I've never tried it. Maybe you just post a question about it in the Discussion & Questions forum?

Anyway, I like the way this scarf looks in angora. Too bad that angora is too fussy of a fiber for me, because I love the way it looks and feels; I just hate the trail of fuzzies it leaves in its wake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alexandra_m79
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2005 01:46:39 AM »

here's my take on this beautiful scarf, as of yet without beads as I couldn't find pretty enough ones in my stash that match.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010 10:44:26 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Horse Power
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2005 04:06:13 AM »

alexandra m_79, I love how the variegation followed the pattern to make waves~ that turned out spectacular!

sewer rat, great idea on the stole, it looks so soft..... and those angora bunnies! OMG! They look pretty soft, too. They must have full-time bunny-brushers to keep them looking that good.   Cheesy

I have yarn and beads for another project! It's green!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewer Rat

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2005 11:50:56 AM »

Oh, Alexandra_m79, those are my colors!  Your scarf is beautiful!  What yarn did you use?  I'm always on the lookout for variegated yarn.

Grusinskaya, the angora does shed a lot.  I'm finding it in my food, in my eyes, all over.  I've probably inhaled a skein's worth.  Can one get "angora lung"?      I'm hooked on the stuff and am making two more stoles for Christmas presents, one a rosy-pink and the other, dark wasabi green.

Horse Power, yeah, those bunnies are definitely pampered and adored.  Btw, thank you for starting the pound kitty blanket-along.  I've got to get on board. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bespectacled
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2005 01:03:29 PM »

I lvoe this scarf pattern and seeing all the beautiful scarves has made me want to start my own Grin I started one in Moda Dea Dream in white, and I'm about.. half way done.. I'm hoping to get it done soon, as I too often get bored with scarves.. hahaha Cheesy
Oh and sewer rat, the grafting might work but then again there also might be a small line where you grafted it.. it depends. You might not even be able to see the line with the angora halo Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
Sewer Rat

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2005 04:44:06 PM »

Bespectacled, I'm such a noob that I'm not even going to attempt the grafting.  I think I'll add huge pompons to the ends, instead of the beads.  Can't wait to see your white scarf.  What kind of yarn is it?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005 06:47:06 AM by Sewer Rat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bespectacled
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2005 10:59:33 PM »

Oooh huge pom poms would be awesome! I love pom poms Grin
And I'm using Moda Dea - Dream in Winter White: http://www.modadea.com/dream.htm
It's really soft and nice, sorta fuzzy but I really like it Cheesy And I'm using 10s.. I'll try and post a picture soon but I won't be home much this week as I just started school Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Bridal Necklaces
How to Make a Feather Necklace
How to Make Beaded Earrings
How to Make a Fimo Bead Bracelet
How to Make Handbag Charms
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...