A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,782
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Punk Rock Toddler Couch Recon  (Read 2786 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« on: January 06, 2011 08:55:29 PM »

I've always wanted to get little Monster a little fold out couch, but I didnt' like the idea of spending $30+ for something. I just, I can't do it!

My mum bought him a couch for her house from Aldi [oh man we LOVE Aldi] for super cheap, but apparently it was the last one so I was like. Hmmph. FINE. I DID see a tutorial for DIYing my own so I should prolly start scouting for foam.

How ironic that the EXACT DAY I woke up deciding to hack into an old foam mattress toget this couch started, I go op-shopping with one of my good friends and I find a toddler sofa for $4. OH YEH.

Problem. It was GROSS.

Like. This gross..

Not only was it Winnie The Pooh, a children's character I DESPISE, it also wasn't very yummy looking...

I cut the cover off it and use those pieces as pattern pieces. I did it one little section at a time, you do have to go slow with this because it's pretty complex trying to put it all back together!

I took photos while I made it, and it's super complex, but I'll defo be writing a tutorial for it one day.

Not only did I ust recover it, I added a pocket to the back of it so he can put books and toys and most likely food in there. Probably Dad's license too...

I also made a little quilt from cotton and batting and stitched it into the inside so it's got a built in sleeping bag.

Some work in progress pics.

On the front of it I put a Rancid patch from a tee-shirt I also got from the op-shop. I'll update this with pics of the Monster on it laters.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011 09:40:59 PM »

this is AWESOME! how great is reconning crappy commercial stuff into rad kids' gear?!?  you did a fantastic job

Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011 12:21:39 AM »

When I was little I ALWAYS wanted kid-sized furniture so I could sit down and my toes could touch the ground. Way to be an awesome mom!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011 08:45:39 AM »

You did such a great job recycling that nasty Pooh couch.  Loving the punk plaid theme!  The extra pocket idea is brilliant, too.

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Honest Beauty Has Officially Launched
Jennifer Lawrence Googles Ugly Photos of Herself
The Evolution of Nail Art
6 Models Reveal Their Fitness & Beauty Prep Before NYFW
Pumpkin Beauty Products for Fall!
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...