A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 74
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 11 Quilts in 2011 Quilt Along CLOSED  (Read 60864 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #480 on: May 17, 2011 06:15:01 AM »

I do have those clear envelopes for stuff I make a lot that contains the templates or patterns, sample papers or fabrics, etc.  I think I might have to try the expanding folder...it would be easy to carry around and browse through when I am looking for something to make...

I used to have shoe boxes labeled but it was hard to carry all the shoe boxes with so many different ideas to look through...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: May 17, 2011 11:37:01 AM »

Hmmm I need to organize my ideas and patterns too. I have several photo boxes that I could use, I think that would work for me. I tend to make a mess of the expanding file things lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: May 17, 2011 11:43:25 AM »

i have green plastic folder that seals up with a snap. i keep all printed ideas and embroidery patterns in it. 
a few years back hub got me a fantastic three section journal. with eleventy million pages.  there is a plain lined section, a section with graph paper and a plain paper section.  i use it exclusively to jot down my own ‘patterns’ and ideas.  it has shop list, shopping lists and clear envelopes for those days i need to match a swatch, i stuff everything in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: May 17, 2011 12:12:47 PM »

i have green plastic folder that seals up with a snap. i keep all printed ideas and embroidery patterns in it. 
a few years back hub got me a fantastic three section journal. with eleventy million pages.  there is a plain lined section, a section with graph paper and a plain paper section.  i use it exclusively to jot down my own ‘patterns’ and ideas.  it has shop list, shopping lists and clear envelopes for those days i need to match a swatch, i stuff everything in.

Sweet, I'll take one of those! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
waggonswest

« Reply #484 on: May 17, 2011 12:43:27 PM »

Being organizationally challenged, I don't think much of anything is going to help me with my design ideas.  Just a quick glance at my bookmarks under quilts will let you see that it is hopeless.   But I am trying very hard to keep all of my project notes in one notebook.  It looks kind of like my old research journals where I draw sketches, do calculations (yes, always, I do do math for my quilts, I just don't like to admit it much) and color things in.  Every now and then I fill in a summary of what I might change.  More often, I just go back and star the actual set of measurements I used. 

The other thing I've managed to keep up for several months now is to put all of the blocks and construction notes from the contemporary quilting class I take and from Quilt club into one notebook.  That way I have the sample and the how to's all in one place. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
kwiltykate
« Reply #485 on: May 17, 2011 09:28:45 PM »

Pretty sure I would be thought of as organisationally challenged too Tongue  I just use a notebook to draw my scribbles, and work out my measurements when I get the urge to start a project - usually in the middle of the night!

I have been saving pics I find of colour combinations and patterns I find online in a pictures folder on my pc, kind of like pinterest - if I could work out how to use that site that would be awesome!

Here is what I made last night - I have been trying to work out for weeks what to do with this fabric, found 2 yds of it through an etsy seller as this colour has been discontinued unfortunately. Probably wont get it quilted for a couple of weeks, I really like how it looks on my wall anyways Wink. Very simple, but able to show the fabric off nicely!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #486 on: May 18, 2011 06:44:28 AM »

I have that fabric but in a different colorway!  I have not used it because I did not want to cut up the little animals...what a lovely idea!

I bought a book on Big Print quilts but it still cuts the fabric into too many pieces for some of my precious collection...love it, kwiltykate!

Tonight I am on the hunt for something at the office supply store that will work for me...I currently have a tote bag full of notes, scribbles, drawings, patterns, etc. of just quilts! Cheesy

ha ha I also do the math...without a calculator...I have quilt design software but it is not satisfying to me...I sometimes still make a block on the go, then take measurements to make the rest...not efficient, I am sure, but it makes me happy to do it this way...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #487 on: May 19, 2011 04:09:12 PM »

popping in to check up on Y'all I have been craftster AWOl for a month or so..been off looking for my crafty mojo...it's still missing..but you guys have been doing some amazing stuff...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

korok

Whoever dies with the most fabric wins!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: May 20, 2011 04:31:21 AM »

Love the quilts, kwiltykate!  Especially the white and colours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

malgudi

a puppy is but a dog, + high spirits - commonsense

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 20, 2011 01:16:06 PM »

Hi there, so sorry for disappearing into thin air. Had to travel to India suddenly. I returned few days ago but wanted to finish a couple of things to show you before popping in here.
I finished a baby quilt to send to Japan and then made a similar one from the left over blocks for our friend's baby. So I can strike that off from the list.

Then I worked on medallion quilt which has been in the works for a long time. Here it is with flying geese border attached.
I finished rest of the borders too, but didn't get a chance to take the picture it.

I still need to finish applique' in the center block but that's a goal for another year Wink
If you are interested Anita posted tutorials for all the borders on her blog
http://bloominworkshop.wordpress.com/medallion-quilt-along/

This is the link to flickr group where everyone posted their progress
http://www.flickr.com/groups/742566@N20/pool/with/5702059145/

I'm preparing fabrics for the basket quilt which is next on the list.

Kwiltykate, simple quilts are the best! Your adorable peach fabric is beautifully showcased  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 74 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Birchbox September 2014: Member Birchbox Unboxing
Birchbox September 2014: Sneak Peek Member Unboxing
How to Make the Best Homemade Shampoo
You Can Become Sexy in Seconds
How to Rock Bright Lipstick
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...