A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 11 Quilts in 2011 Quilt Along CLOSED  (Read 57170 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2011 11:57:07 PM »

Beautiful kwiltykate! I love the circle quilting!

sloth--you baste four at once?? I hate to baste the most and put it off. I have one I need to baste, one I just have to do the binding (have the binding cut and pressed already though!) and I think that's it for my finished tops. lol, what are the loud rectangles??

mellybelly--yep, anyone can be entered into the drawing if you complete a project this month! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2011 02:35:40 AM »

cursive_queen - LOVE it!  You have a lot of patience for all that cutting...I would have been tempted to do some quick applique and forget about it, but that looks so great!

Kwilty - I love those blocks, and the way the circle quilting shows up so well.  The binding is perfect.  Love it!

I cut some more squares out for my yellow and gray/black quilt.  Still working on figuring out exactly how I want it to go together.  I think I'm going to start on another project tomorrow, one of the quilts from #1 on my list. 

I get bored with one project too fast, could be why I am not the world's best quilter, these are big commitments!  So worth it though.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2011 03:17:54 AM »

I took a break from my quilty projects to work on a swap. It did involve piecing two 20 inch blocks! One side I did 4 strip pieced blocks and the other side I started with a big middle square and then did strips around it (ala courthouse square I guess?) with one color for each round (but 4 different fabrics for each color).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2011 07:14:07 AM »

lol @ maremare...

the four quilts to be basted are wee little baby quilts.  about a meter square (40 inches all sides i think) and since i too dislike basting (all that crawling about on the floor has to be preceded by cleaning the #$^$# floor first  Cheesy )

and the loud rectangles are what i am calling one of two same quilts... one is using loud bright fabrics and the other is using softer quieter fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2011 10:09:37 AM »

woohoo I have finished quilt number two of this...its a single bed size..or a large lapquilt...pix to follow...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2011 10:22:36 AM »

yeah...bring on the pictures Grin
I haven't done anything quilty this week Embarrassed so I NEED to see what you all have been up to...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2011 12:04:30 PM »

edelC - you're amazing!  Way to go!!  Can't wait to see pics. 

mellybelly81 - sounds like you have a ton to do, you're busy growing a kid! Heat is miserable when you're pregnant, sorry you have so much to deal with.  That clown fabric sounds interesting and what a great way to use it.  Play mats are awesome.  My mother in law made one for my daughter that was orange and purple flowers on one side and deep purple on the other, it's gorgeous.

I spent last night ironing strips and cutting more fabric.  Today is sunny and warm and beautiful, so if I can find a second I'll take some pics of the blocks I'm working on to show you guys.  Taking pics is my downfall...I dread it...I think that's why I put it off, lol.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2011 10:26:17 AM »

I'm going to join in on the fun in hopes of getting things done.  lol.  Here's my partial list for now:

1) baby quilt for kiernan along with all the bibs and burpcloths i promised months ago before he was born
2) Quilt for a top secret person whom i cannot elaborate on anymore
3) baby quilt for my sister's baby - need to find out if she's having a boy or girl first
4) pacman quilt for the mister
5) lap quilt for my aunt donna - telephone themed?
6) Table runner for anniversary dinner

I'll add more as i finish some off.  I'm trying not to commit to too much because its hard to have time for crafting when you work two jobs and go to school full time and am trying to plan a wedding....i wish days were longer.  then i could get my crafting in.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011 08:12:31 PM by icebyrd67 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
J_Kieviet

« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2011 10:39:27 AM »

I just stitched the back to one quilt, now to turn it all right side out, I finished embroidering around the elephant on the baby quilt, and am about to pin the back to the second twin size quilt!  I think it's going to be a total of 4 completed quilts for this month, yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
malgudi

a puppy is but a dog, + high spirits - commonsense

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2011 12:09:40 PM »

Cursive_queen, your baby quilt is adorable. The wavy quilting is a fun detail.
Kwiltykate, your string quilt is very pretty. It is different from the string quilts I've seen. The contrast of circles you've quilted around the blocks is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lauren Weisberger: What Are You Reading?
The Contagious Colors of Mumpley Middle School
The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon
Shirley Jones on The Partridge Family
Shirley Jones Talks About Her Memoir
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...