A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
773 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 74
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 11 Quilts in 2011 Quilt Along CLOSED  (Read 55810 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011 11:25:14 PM »

Oh man...the last thing I need to do is join another craftalong of any kind, but this sounds amazingly perfect.  I'm gonna post my list and hope I make it...lol!

1) Memory quilts for the kids - Grace, Kylee, Amya, Chance, Travis and Ashley, Tina, Alan.  Yes, that's 7 quilts right there, and the last three need to be queen sized, if I can come up with enough fabric.  

2) A mini art quilt of some kind.  I've never made one and really want to.

3) Black, white and gray quilt for the living room, loosely based on this pattern:

4) Yellow and gray king sized quilt for my new bed - here's the color inspiration I'll be working toward, but so far my yellows are a tad brighter and there's a bit more black in my fabrics as well

5) Another rainbow quilt - the inspiration for this year's rainbow quilt came from right here on Craftster, I believe it's called the Rainbow Happy Quilt - found it! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=365153.msg4289591;topicseen#msg4289591

6) Checkerboard quilt for the living room (with actual checkerboard playing pieces, of course!)

That's..what...12?! quilts, and #2 and #3 need to be done asap, so I guess I'd better get moving!  Cheesy

7) Put the binding on Amya's original quilt

PS - have you guys ever stumbled across http://dontlooknow.typepad.com/?  She has got some of the most beautiful quilts and applique work ever...I drool over her quilts all the time!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011 12:05:01 PM by BethieB » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011 12:00:13 AM »

J-Kievet--can't wait to see what you come up with!

BethieB--Woo looks like a good list! I love that first yellow fabric. I don't think I've read that blog before, I added it to my G Reader, thank you Grin

sloth--did I tell you before that Elizabeth Hartman of Oh Fransson! is in my quilt guild? She's really nice! Anybody have her new book? It looks really good, I'll be buying it when I get a job. klum78 won a copy at one of our meetings, lucky!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011 12:00:58 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011 12:07:43 AM »

I know that was directed elsewhere, but I just had to say that that is so cool that Elizabeth Hartman is in your quilt guild. Oh Fransson! is in my reader, she is so talented!  I wanted (well, still do, truthfully) to do both the Tokyo Subway Map and the Paintbox quilt. 

She's making a yellow and gray quilt too...now I'm wondering if I was inspired by her blog, lol!!  I know I got the idea a while ago, so it quite possibly was from her...lol.  So funny.  I'm a copycat and didn't even remember it, ha ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011 01:28:51 AM »

I *think* a lot of the yellow and grays she is working with are from a dyeing project she did a while back. She made the most beautiful grays and did  a presentation on it. Very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lieblings

Fishes Need Kisses!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011 09:52:26 AM »

Oh! I knew I would find a great reason to sign up for Craftster!

I just recently started quilting so 11 might be a little much for me and I'm moving in August so I probably won't get much quilting done this summer, but in the mean time I already have several quilts planned. Foolishly enough, most of them are queen size!

1: Quilt for best friend's wedding. County Lines in gorgeous Kaufman hand-painted fabrics. I work very hard on not drooling all over these fabrics! The wedding is in May, so I decided I have plenty of time.

2: Boyfriend quilt (possibly bargello, or something very geometric - in green) - I would LOVE to having this done for his March Birthday or our May anniversary!

3: Quilt for sister who is away at school.

4: Quilt for myself to make my new abode feel like HOME.

That is my list of only four, but to me, a complete beginner, it still seems pretty long and daunting!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011 02:22:10 PM »

wow some very cool craftsters in this craftalong

I am tentatively playing, but am going to bend the rules a little (if that is OK??) since I have two quilt tops that have been made for over 20 years, but they are still unquilted..I quite enjoy the piecing bit, but get endlessly frustrated by the quilting, I have a regular sewing machine and no matter how many times I carefully pin and tack I always seem to end up with a non-smooth back..I lust over those gorgeous huge quilting machines (when I win the lottery I am jumping on a plane and going shopping!)

anyways..if my two unfinished quilts are OK to include
1--quilt my at least 20 year old log cabin top
2..ditto, plus repair some of the bad stitching in the diamond quilt, that is supposed to be square, but because of less than acurate pieceing, is more diamond than square...
3..hand quilted quilt-as-you-go rainbow quilt
4..black, white and pink quilt for DD
5..scrappy string quilt for me
6..floating squares quilt
7..simple 6'' sq quilt for my friend this became faux log cabin design and is done!
8..baby quilt Done!
9..baby quilt..for a boy
10..stash busting FQ quilt, using favourite FQ..Done and I love this one..I am keeping it
 11 single colour, tone quilts for ??

I did actually make 2 quilts in 2010, one for DD and one for a swap.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011 06:36:49 AM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011 02:31:54 PM »

well i certainly hope started projects count... cause otherwise i need to think up 4 more... Wink

-red and white, ragged circles, 1992 and the garden quilt are all sitting in the cupboard...
red and white and the garden quilt are tops.
ragged circles just needs binding.
1992 needs some back fixing, some extra quilting and binding. it is my favourite quilt made so far and it has been sitting for almost two years because i messed up my back dimensions and didnt realize until it was too late. Embarrassed

now a question. (cause i am an along newbie) when we finish something from our list do we post pics here? in the original list posted? are in progress pics allowed?  (cause i know i am gonna wanna show off black and white and wonky ASAP!!)
ok fine

that was three questions.
  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011 02:54:57 PM »

Oh no! I'm not even allowed to Craft-along...

Sorry, I didn't realise and now I'm not sure how to delete my post...

You are totally allowed to craft along! you can't join official swaps until you've been a member for a month, but welcome to the craftalong! Your list sounds great, and you're so adventurous doing queen sized quilts! I'm too chicken to do anything more than lap sized! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011 02:58:32 PM »

edel--absolutely! We're easy Grin I have a bunch of finished squares from quilts that I hope will make their way into a quilt this year!

sloth--in progress pics are awesome! Definitely post as much in here as you want, we all love pics, right? I think for most alongs you can post in the along, and/or in the particular category. Since quilts are huge projects, I fully expect that people will (and should!) post on the quilting finished project board so everyone can see their wonderfulness. You can post a link in here to the finished project, or also post the pic here. Definitely doesn't count as illegal double posting in this case. Grin  What's the garden quilt? Is that a particular pattern or what you've named it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011 03:04:40 PM »

that's the name of it.  i loved loved loved all the fabrics initially,(still do) and i loved the idea i had to make the quilt top.(sometimes good ideas are bad ones)

but the finished top... meh.

so i picked up some vinyl  backed canvas backing and a heavy wool blanket for batting and it will be our "laying in the garden watching the stars" quilt... or our fireworks quilt.  or our 'we need a water resistant layer between us and the ground quilt'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 74 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
Hot and Spicy Grill Rub
Montreal Steak Spice Recipe
Cajun Spice Rub Recipe
Maine Lobster Salad with Chef Andrew Masciangelo
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...