A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Rd 13 (Send Home: Monday March 30)  (Read 18488 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bexster
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2011 06:21:56 AM »

Dont worry Beckashell, we all know how much work goes into organising a swap like this and appreciate all your doing  Smiley

Im in the UK, its currently pretty chilly, I wouldnt rule out more snow over the next couple of months but at the moment its chilly with bright blue skies

Im afraid Gruffy is out of action so we will be sending a different little visitor, he's totally adorable and rather mischevous, perfect for a swap like this and he's very excited to be travelling, I shall post up a picture shortly
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011 06:24:16 AM by Bexster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bexster
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2011 06:48:55 AM »

Ok, here is Gruffy's replacement

Introducing

Cookie

I do hope whoever is partnered with me isnt dissapointed with the change in LV
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2011 06:55:59 AM »

Wow, is everybody experiencing unseasonably cool weather this year?? Seems like every person I talk to, no matter where they are, the weather patterns are all screwed up. lol.

I am in Eastern Oregon...we have really REALLY cold weather right now. Lately, it has been in the below 0 category. It was -12 the other day!! Today is a MUCH warmer day at 32 degrees which may mean it is warming up to snow some more. We had a foot of snow a couple weeks ago, and we are supposed to be getting that again soon if it warms up.

Bexster, cookie is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bexster
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2011 07:07:49 AM »

thanks Spookypooky  Grin

its been real cold here too, a few weeks ago we had the most snow I ever remember, it was waist deep in some places
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bellyjewel

"Holy haberdashery!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2011 08:29:38 AM »

I'm in Louisiana normally we dont really get a cold winter here.
(sometime you cant even consider it to be a winter when people are wearing shorts
 in nov,dec, and jan lol.)
In 2009 it actually snowed, this winter has been freezing and rainy ugh.

SpookyPooky you are correct about unreasonable cold weather this yr!
But its not surprising the local joke is: dont like the weather here wait an hr it
will change. The weather here can be unpredicatable especially during
hurricane season. The summers are hot especially since we have high humidity
(ie: the temp says 95 but it feels like 110 hot and sweaty)

Beckashell
dont worry too much as long as I dont get anyone from my same state I'm sure
my LV will have an adventure because everyone has something special to share
about where they live and who they are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps just pm me

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bellyjewel/
whatthepuck
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2011 08:36:41 AM »

I'm in North Carolina. The weather is mild here. We don't get a whole lot of snow. Usually around an inch a couple of times in the winter. We've had 2 snows so far. One was about 6 inches (I was at the beach and missed it. I was so disappointed! I love snow.) We got one last week that was mostly ice. We freak out around here when there is snow. They announced on Sunday that school would be closed on Monday. It didn't start snowing until Monday night. My visitor may or may not get a trip to the mountains.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Fall/Character Ninni
Oct ATC

Anyone interested in a Secret Santa Swap
icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2011 09:57:47 AM »

i just got home from south carolina.  i was snowed and iced in at the bottom of a stupid hill for three days.  thank goodness for texas!  lol.  anyway, here's Oni.

He's all packed up and ready.  just gotta finish up his passport and paperwork...

Oh, i guess i should add that texas is in the southern part of the US.  we dont have snow.  in fact, we dont have cold.  if i remember correctly, its supposed to be in the 70s this next week.  yay for hot winters!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011 10:06:49 AM by icebyrd67 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2011 10:05:39 AM »

Florida is, well, Florida. The other day the news reported there were 49 out of 50 states with snow. Guess which one was the sole holdout? Grin Florida is flat, swampland and beaches mainly. It gets VERY hot and absurdly humid here in the summer and our typical winter weather is very mild. We've had overnight low's near/slightly below freezing the last few nights but that's because of how cold it is up North.

My main draw for an LV is someone who'd like to visit beaches and Walt Disney World. And I'm pretty cool with having mine visit anywhere! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Foxy Sam
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2011 10:33:34 AM »

Wow, it's really interesting hearing about the different states and countries weather...neat.  Being in NZ it is summer, just to add a little difference to the mix.  So at the moment lovely blue sky without a cloud in range and the sun rising slowly over the hill tops...

Hope you have an alright shift Beckashell, nine hours without a break sounds aweful and also illegal (or it would be here in NZ), hope you at least get to have coffees/drinks and lunch at some stage throughout the day...

Off to enjoy the sun and go geocaching...my other addiction from crafting...lol...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2011 11:51:15 AM »

Florida is, well, Florida. The other day the news reported there were 49 out of 50 states with snow. Guess which one was the sole holdout? Grin Florida is flat, swampland and beaches mainly. It gets VERY hot and absurdly humid here in the summer and our typical winter weather is very mild. We've had overnight low's near/slightly below freezing the last few nights but that's because of how cold it is up North.

My main draw for an LV is someone who'd like to visit beaches and Walt Disney World. And I'm pretty cool with having mine visit anywhere! Grin

The week we spent in Florida was quite cold and had record lows, and then the day we left to go home it started to warm up dramatically. Isn't that par? lol. I wanna go baaaacccckkkk sooooo bad!!!! I definitely left my heart at Disney World!

Sam, I am so darn jealous of your weather! It snowed all night here, then it turned into rain this morning which makes for very slick and icy roads! Scary! But the sun is supposed to come back out by Monday so it will be okay. As long as I have sunlight, even if it is -20 degrees, I am okay! haha.

I complain about our weather but I shouldn't. We rarely have rain and I am lucky, because my town literally sits on the border of Oregon and Idaho which gives us residents a lot of variety. We have gorgeous snow-covered mountains in Boise (30-40 minutes from my town) and it ois a smaller but good sized-city with lots to do. And my town is a very small, traditional place, surrounded by flat beautiful desserts and painted hills. We also have amazing sunsets! So hopefully I can get a little bit of both city and country life for my LV.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Elise Primavera and Diane Goode Talk About Louise The Big Cheese
Boyd Morrison Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Meet Author Michele Wright
Toby Lester Talks About Fourth Part of the World
Meet Author Lisa Genova
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...