These chickie nuggets don't come in a happy meal, but they WILL make you smile!
* Yellow Fleece
* Light Orange Felt
* Pink Felt
* Yellow Thread
* Black Embroidery Floss
* Polyfil or cotton balls
* Needles (One regular and one with a large eye)
1. Cut two round, nugget shaped pieces from the fleece, around 2.5 to 3 inches tall. We aren't going to worry about perfection here, oddness = personality.
2. Cut a small triangle from the orange felt.
3. Cut a small heart from the pink felt.
4. Sew the small heart to the bottom corner of one piece of fleece and sew the triangle in the upper center of the other, but only attaching it at the top. Sew small stitches and take your time so it looks neat.
5. Using the black floss, embroider on eyes using a french knot. Hint: If you've never done a french knot before, practice on some scraps first.
6. Put the right sides of your chickie together and stitch around the outside leaving a 1.5 inch gap at the bottom. I've used whip stitch or straight stitch, you can do whatever you find easiest/looks the best.
7. Turn the chickie right side out and stuff with fluff.
8. Close the seam with a ladder stitch.
9. Squish and giggle with delight.
Making one will probably take less time than watching an episode on tv. Great for kids learning to sew or grown-ups that wish they were still kids!
Come and make some cuteness with me!
More at my blog: http://thecuteoctopus.blogspot.com/2011/01/project-chickie-nuggets.html