A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Batsy - the Vampire Doll with coffin, bat, clothes and accessories  (Read 5372 times)
Tags for this thread: vampire , doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mieljolie
« on: January 05, 2011 10:16:38 AM »

Strangely, she was a Christmas gift to my daughter.  Her father and I agreed on a challenge to make our own gifts this year.  and NOT buy any supplies.  He made an awesome cardboard dollhouse.

Batsy and her pet "Batley" (daughter named them) may look vaguely familiar to those of you with kids.  She's a very distant cousin of "Draculaura" from Monster High.  Wink  She and her clothes are almost entirely made from remnant polar fleece I had around.  Even her hair (removable wig) is polar fleece strips.  I made her a dress, coat, skirt/shirt set, apron and an extra skirt.  The coffin is made out of cereal box cardboard and some remnant gold satin.

My daughter was thrilled with her.  Her favorite part about her was the bite marks I put on her neck.  Yes, my daughter is a wee bit odd, I guess like me.  Smiley  She stores her in her coffin during the days and sleeps with her at night.  I think I need to make Batsy some pajamas, huh?  I've got a few more pics on my blog.

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AnnieBowser
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011 10:39:58 AM »

ooh I love her!
Great idea to make your own gifts, & I'm glad that your daughter appreciates the gift so much.  Not everyone appreciates handmade gifts, but I think they're the best :-)

Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mieljolie
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011 11:43:37 AM »

...Not everyone appreciates handmade gifts, but I think they're the best :-) ...

Me, too.  I would rather receive handmade items.  Not only does it seem for thought was involved, but they are unique, too.  I wonder if my family feels the same, or if they just humor me.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aisy
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011 12:34:15 PM »

that is much too cute-i love how she has her own coffin!
dont worry about your daughter being weird though-i have 2 cousins age 8 and 10 that are obcessed with monster high and everything else they think is creepy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Xbeautiful_disasterX
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011 02:38:01 PM »

sooo cute! i love her!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Only the insane equate pain with success"

"Because Flakers go to Craft Hell, where you have spend all your days picking glitter off of wool sweaters.  Just saying. No one wants that."-shadow box
My pintrest:  http://pinterest.com/lisa5691
mieljolie
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011 08:07:19 PM »

...dont worry about your daughter being weird though-i have 2 cousins age 8 and 10 that are obcessed with monster high and everything else they think is creepy.

That makes me fell a little more at ease.  I thought it was just me rubbing off on her.  I've always had strange tastes.  Grin

Thanks to everyone for commenting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zippecar
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011 06:35:25 AM »

That is awesome!!!! So creative and resourceful, a great lesson for all of us. Gifts should be from the heart more than from the credit card. Does Batsy get a boyfriend for your daughter's birthday?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please spay or neuter your pet!!!!
Some_Girl
If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library. ~ Frank Zappa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011 06:37:59 AM »

Very cute! I think this is an awesome Christmas gift! Nothing odd about it (but then consider the source  Tongue lol) My daughter loves to watch Monster High as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redsquareknot
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011 10:14:42 AM »

This is lovely! I think that it is such a great idea for people to give handmade gifts especially if they have the talent like you! What a lucky daughter!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all you need is love.and craft.
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011 06:38:36 PM »

Ahh!! Batsy is so cool!!!

I'm jealous haha... :3

I have Frankie Stein, and she needs a friend so I've been thinking of buying her Draculaura. Boyfriend got me Frankie Stein for my birthday. ^.^ I'm 18 and I had no clue what Monster High was (still don't actually) but I loved the dolls lol :3

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
America’s Mercenary Armies
Author Rick Perlstein Slams Plagiarism Accusation
Katherine Rundell on Carthwheeling in Thunderstorms
Garth Stein: Book That Changed My Life
Andrew D. Kaufman: Book That Changed My Life
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...