A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Matchbox Swap round 4! CLOSED Sendouts 2/18/11  (Read 30367 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2011 02:10:43 PM »

I've almost finished my "first" matchbox as well now, I just have to wait for something to dry (12h normally, I should probably give it 24h..) and then stick a final embellishment on top and fill it up Cheesy

I did eff it up though, which is really bothering me, but it's not so bad that I have to care... It just looked better before. Thing is just that I had to put down something that will work as an adhesive, put item A down, and then put item B down... ofcourse I put item B down first, and removing it got the adhesive smeared. Sad It still looks cool, but it would have been Better if that hadn't happened.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2011 03:26:31 PM »

I covered one of the boxes with a layer of material about 1/16" thick, then realized I should've taken it into account when I was making the inside box, as the extra material made it stick out at both ends. So I had to take it apart and cut it down by 1/8". But it wasn't too much work, and you can't even see the surgery.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fibreartist4life
« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2011 06:48:26 PM »

My first matchbox was sent out yesterday and I am hoping to get the second one completed this week end. I work a 60 hour work week so my crafting time has to get crammed in where it can.  I am so excited - I have never done one of these before but I sure will again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2011 12:04:32 AM »

My re-glue of a made iteam seems to have gone well.  So I just finished smas.....tucking..yeah tucking...all the bits back into Wulf's matchbox.  I could not get all the stuff back in tho.  Oddly i was abble to stuff some other stuff in.  I am starting to think matchboxes are a distant cousin to the Tardis.  The inside seems to be a different size each time I stuff it.  Oh yeah...I fogot to take a photo, and I refuse to take it all apart again. I think I forget to take photos every other time I send out for a swap  Roll Eyes.  I have another project to finish to get mailed, so I am getting this one done to make me work on the other one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2011 05:14:09 AM »

Please stop finishing and no mailing! y'all are starting to damage my calm.  Wink

If only my kids would stop asking me to make them their own versions of everything i have made for my partners - tho i guess it might be a good sign that they like the items? then again, my kids might be being nice? naaah, these are my kids i am talking about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2011 06:28:24 AM »

here and still formulating plans.  Ive made a list of potential stuff...I need to make a proto box to get an idea for how much stuff I can fit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2011 07:30:55 AM »

I gathered everything I wanted to put in my partners' boxes ... and had to laugh.  I really thought I could stuff all that into one tiny matchbox?!  And things THAT BIG into the matchboxes?!?!   

To update the old saying, my eyes were bigger than my matchboxes!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
littlebluegirl
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2011 09:15:26 AM »

I have not started crafting for this swap yet, still in the "ideas-swimming-about-the-brain" phase.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2011 11:38:06 AM »

Im still fiddling around. Having a blast, Ill probably send closer to send outs, that way it spreads the gallery out some more  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Aveykin
Perpetually in the Clouds

Environmental Science Major~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2011 11:46:20 AM »

I gathered everything I wanted to put in my partners' boxes ... and had to laugh.  I really thought I could stuff all that into one tiny matchbox?!  And things THAT BIG into the matchboxes?!?!   

To update the old saying, my eyes were bigger than my matchboxes!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Feel better to know you're not the only one...the template looked so much bigger on the screen (even at 100%) compared to what I wound up with.
I'm at 99% done on one and just starting the second!

I think we should do a swap with those big matchboxes one day >_>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap(s):
Surprise Ball Swap-Sent
Matchbox Swap-Sent
Warcraft Swap- Crafting

"Accuse not Nature, she hath done her part; Do thou but thine."
-John Milton

http://wists.com/Aveykin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 6/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 5/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 9/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 8/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 7/11
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...