A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Christmas Wreath Ornaments  (Read 4489 times)
Tags for this thread: ornament , wreath  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2011 05:12:41 PM »

Every Christmas for the past few years I make ornaments for friends family and my cleaning clients.

I posted this a while back:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=362043.msg4248535#msg4248535

And I got the idea to use Christmas ribbon and make mini wreaths that could be ornaments or door hangers etc...

I used a small spay paint can lid and wrapped floral wire to create the base then tied and curled ribbon piece by piece. Tied more ribbon to hang and on some added a red bow.

Pictures!

Some of the wreaths were plain ribbon and some were made with fabric scraps.

I also decoated the gift bags. The first year I did I I bought small bags but that can get pricy so I bought a bag of 50 paper lunch bags and decorated them with different colored polka dots. Took awhile because I had only one circle handmade stamp (made using an empty spool of thread and foam) So I could only do one side at a time and one color at a time.

I made over 30 wreaths total Cheesy

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011 01:58:05 PM by lindsycarranza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
craftyhsmom
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011 05:36:26 PM »

The definately "ROCKS"!  How cute...could you send me one next year  Tongue Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011 05:37:05 PM »

Oh thank you very much Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
seleniebeanie
Running on all 4 cylinders!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011 07:29:00 PM »

What a clever idea using the curling ribbon! For your paper bags, a bingo dabber might make the job easier, but it probably wouldn't look as cool as you did. Thanks for sharing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ultimate gifts to receive: Thread and Glue Sticks!
AshtonagoL
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011 07:33:01 PM »

CUTE!  The bags are way cuter than the ones I bought for teacher gifts this year!  Wonder if Bingo markers would work?  Might have to make some next year.  Might even make some for my son's bday goody bags!  Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011 08:33:05 PM »

What a clever idea using the curling ribbon! For your paper bags, a bingo dabber might make the job easier, but it probably wouldn't look as cool as you did. Thanks for sharing Smiley

Thank you Smiley Do they make bingo dabber's in red's and green's ? Gosh I haven't seen one since my Great Grandma used them. That is if I'm talking about what I think you are describing, the markers for Bingo right? They always seemed more like highlighters...

And You're welcome Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011 08:33:38 PM »

CUTE!  The bags are way cuter than the ones I bought for teacher gifts this year!  Wonder if Bingo markers would work?  Might have to make some next year.  Might even make some for my son's bday goody bags!  Thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZippityZone
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011 05:25:28 AM »

I love the bags! (and the wreaths too!) So much better and personal than the store bought ones and at a fraction of the price. Thanks for sharing your thrifty tip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011 08:55:54 AM »

You have the best ideas for a lot of quick and cute ornaments and Christmas items!

I love the ribbon wreaths!

oops--forget the quick part on these--wow--hand tied all the ribbon!  They were worth it, though--so full and lush!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011 08:57:23 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011 04:19:06 PM »

I love the bags! (and the wreaths too!) So much better and personal than the store bought ones and at a fraction of the price. Thanks for sharing your thrifty tip!

Thank you very much Smiley Everyone always seems to like them and that's the best part Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Brown Plasticine
How to Make Black Plasticine
How to Make Green Slime
How to Make Orange Slime
How to Make Yellow Slime
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...