A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Apocalyptic Fashion Swap! Sign-ups Jan 02 - Jan 21 , Send outs March 8th!  (Read 13191 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gala_apples
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011 12:10:51 AM »

Lol, it was probably me that was talking about it. My Chemical Romance, their world is the first swap I'm organising (Killjoys). But my partner is making me dolls, so right now I only have my vest and handkerchief for my face. I've been looking at etsy for a pair of goggles, but if someone wanted to krylon paint a pair that would be friggin amazing.

(the world basically burnt down to the ground in a natural disaster, and was rebuilt by Better Living Industries in the corporate image, making colour and art and music illegal. The Killjoys are rebels in primary colours and spraypaint)

Also, you really can't go wrong with a zombie apocalypse. Zombies are awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Angelicus
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011 01:58:10 AM »

wow...this looks so tempting. Out of interest how much would people be expecting actual clothes? I'm a little nervous of signing up becuase I have never made any clothes before and I know my sewing skills aren't up to the job. I could probably attempt some recons though ad could definitely do accessories. Would anyone be interested in stuff like that or am I completely barking up the wrong tree?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesan dstuff.wordpress.co m

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011 06:43:05 AM »

Lol, it was probably me that was talking about it. My Chemical Romance, their world is the first swap I'm organising (Killjoys). But my partner is making me dolls, so right now I only have my vest and handkerchief for my face. I've been looking at etsy for a pair of goggles, but if someone wanted to krylon paint a pair that would be friggin amazing.

(the world basically burnt down to the ground in a natural disaster, and was rebuilt by Better Living Industries in the corporate image, making colour and art and music illegal. The Killjoys are rebels in primary colours and spraypaint)

Also, you really can't go wrong with a zombie apocalypse. Zombies are awesome.

So I knew absolutely nothing about this. This is what I get for just buying music, but not keeping up with the artists. But I've been listening to that album pretty much nonstop since I got it and plan to go see them in May for my b-day. Will have to look this up... Interesting!

I'm so psyched for this swap! And Angelicus, plenty of the things I put into my wists were accessory type things, I feel like that would be fine!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011 06:47:41 AM by ZidishaLuxe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011 08:16:20 AM »

Angelicus, accessories are fine! I can't make clothes... I think the only thing I've made that qualifies as clothing was a crocheted shrug (or about 10 of them, they are super easy). When I say fashion I'm thinking clothing, but also accessories like arm warmers, hair falls, scarves, goggles, jewelry, bags, and maybe even crazy makeup (like wild eyelashes or camo paint). Really, anything Apocalyptic goes! I'll be going through my bookmarks when I get a chance and posting some inspirational stuff soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
myklia
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011 09:39:46 AM »

Hopefully there are future rounds as I can't really do this one.  Can't wait for the gallery though.  Should be super awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011 11:10:07 AM »

So excited and yet so sad! After months with no interesting swaps all of a sudden there's like four I want to join at once! This is a must. Started my questionnaire, but this may take time. Gotta think about what to put on this one :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011 12:53:11 PM »

Okay, so I'm trying to cut back on swapping (getting into only 1 at at time), but this COULD be my February swap. Both of the ones I'm in close out at the end of January.... I think I'm going to join.

I'm actually planning for February or March to be apocalypse month on my blog, since I'm writing a post-apocalyptic novel and reading a lot of apocalyptic/post apocalyptic stuff lately... AND there's music and crafts too!

I didn't know My Chemical Romance was doing the whole dystopian thing! That's awesome. I used to be a HUGE fan, but didn't like The Black Parade album, and it killed it for me... though I've heard their most new album is closer to their older things.  Muse's most recent album is also very dystopian, which I'm into.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011 03:03:47 PM »

tempted, tempted.... let me keep an eye on this. Love me some post-apocalyptic stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
gala_apples
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011 04:03:03 PM »

Pardon my geeking out, but I love it so much. Before they started touring again they were all roleplaying on twitter as people in this 'verse, driving in the zones and fighting Dracs (evil robot cops) and hiding from the acid winds. They have codenames and ray guns and *flail* they have a new language, like Clockwork Orange style, and I am the hugest Clockwork nerd, you don't even know.

Their cd (Danger Days, the Fabulous Lives Of the Killjoys) is supposed to be a pirated radio transmission. There are speaking tracks for the DJ Doctor Death Defying, and each song sounds different because it's supposed to be from different bands. And then their ep is three other songs, supposedly from a band called Mad Gear and the Missile Kid, which is supposed to be the band the Killjoys listen to as they're driving around finding more Dracs to take out. There are MGMK posters in the NANANA video, because both of their videos are 3 minute movies of the world they've built, it's a serial. Eventually there will be comic books, since Gerard Way is also a comic artist. Ray and Frank really want to make a BBC style six part tv series, but no one knows how to get that started.

Anyway, drawing it back to this swap, if I sign up KJ apocalypse will DEFINITELY be one of my three choices. Zombie will probably be the second. And maybe an ice age one, because being practical it's winter from october to april, and I can always use another toque or scarf.

What kind of apoc's are you guys thinking of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Interrobam
she-who-is-relatively-good-at-several-things

as human as humanly possible

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011 04:23:20 PM »

I'm very tempted by this swap. Six points might be too rich for my blood right now, but later on in the month I'll reconsider.  I'd personally love a Victorian apocalypse, but I also like Repo!The Genetic Opera future!grunge. I might also include Adventure Time (not many people know it, but the show takes place after the apocalypse) in my list. Not sure where that stands in term of fashion, but Ooo is the post apocalyptic land I most want to live in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini Halloween Swap: Package: SENT and RECEIVED

Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Country Fried Potatoes with Onions Recipe
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
Breakfast Pizza with Hash Brown Crust Recipe
Cincinnati Chili Recipes
Bob Evans Sausage and Potato Skillet Breakfast Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...