A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project stitch-along 2011  (Read 49684 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amybeth5251
« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2011 08:30:22 PM »

Hi Guys,

It was a long summer, and although I finished my Mystery Stitch back in June, I just now realized that I never posted the results.  I'm about to add it to the completed projects section, but here is a quick reminder of where I left you guys....

Now I've jumped back into my Rent Stitch, which I placed on hold back in February.  This was where I left it.  I"m hoping I'll be able to finish it by Christmas, but I'm thinking that is a lofty goal.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #201 on: October 25, 2011 04:25:47 PM »

Well the crazy fast stitcher is back with the last updated photo before its done.

The last 2 pages (I think) won't take to long to do --- long as I keep up with this pace. Even my son says it is finally looking way cool! He is pretty hard to impress!! LOL!!
---------------------------------
Amybeth-- I still don't know who it is!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 25, 2011 06:49:46 PM »

Amybeth-- I still don't know who it is!!!

Check out this link:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=393075.0   to see who it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafts4others
« Reply #203 on: October 25, 2011 06:50:35 PM »

that is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2011 01:07:23 AM »

HistoricalNeedle, you kick ass, really!

But, I am kinda curious... You don't seem to work with a hoop. What do you wirk with than?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2011 03:04:09 AM »

Thanks! Smiley
I have a lap stand I use on a desk.
http://www.hearthsidecraftworks.com/

I had to start using a stand when I hurt my wrist using a hoop. The constant twisting of my right wrist damaged it.
With the stand I don't get the constant twisting plus I'm able to stitch with 2 hands. With the weight of the bigger pieces I don't think I could stitch with a hoop. I also think the pieces stay cleaner if you don't have to constantly handle them.

I would recommend a stand to anyone that stitches the bigger pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2011 06:17:01 AM »

How do those stands work, do you fold in the edges on bigger pieces? I thinking of getting something like this for my mother, who's on again off again working on a christmas tree mat, which is a bit over a yard in diameter. But I suspect that means I'd also be setting everything up Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011 06:17:40 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2011 08:12:42 AM »

You can either hand sew the Adia on the bar straps(like straps on a backpack) or you do it the easy way --sewing machine. I think the sewing machine is better because I can get on straighter.  Saves time too. I have only done this with Aida and not sure how it would work with evenweave.

Once the stand is together you never really need to take it apart. You still need to loosen everything if you are not using it. There are only 2 major screws/washers/Springs/fishtail bolts for the whole thing. (for each side) I use wood wax between wooded circles pieces time to time because during the summer it can do this annoying squeak.(this allows you to flip the piece to see the back really easy)-- Then you put the bars in and wooden knobs screw them in.  Your stitching in no time.

There are photos on the site for each of the stands. The cost figure is high too.....but they are hand made. They won't wobble or tip over like some factory made ones people seem to complain about. As you see my only complaint was the squeak-- that was an easy fix.

They do sell other different bar sizes. You would have to check and see if they have the length you need.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011 08:14:02 AM by HistoricalNeedle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2011 12:55:10 PM »

I have a big one, that stands on the ground. Actually, my granny has three, I have one of them. Technically, mine is for tapestry, but I can use it for bigger work. It's just a big big, and that's one the reasons why I stopped stitching... I love the frames you showed us, HistoricalNeedle, because they have a help on top (a stand for your pattern *squeek*). But they are sooo expensive...
I recently got a smaller one from my gran, but it's without any support. Just a rectangle... Don't know how to use that one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2011 01:53:04 PM »

I still don't get it. It just sounds like a hassle really, and nigh impossible for round fabric. Then again, after five hoopla swaps I still don't see the point of hoops, really... Cheesy I feel like I need an instruction video, but I can't find any on youtube. (it must seriously be the only thing you don't instantly find a billion instruction vids for)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...