A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project stitch-along 2011  (Read 32646 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cross stitch ninja
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2011 02:52:13 PM »

That is awesomely insane Cheesy I spent a little time wanting to do this Keen map but gave up when I realized it'd be 1.5 meters tall... and you're way worse! Cheesy Can't wait to see your further progress though.

--edit--
Actually, I take my size calculation back, that would apparently require 44ct evenweave Roll Eyes But I still want it to be do-able! Cheesy

Wow, that would be pretty big too! And the height of the picture would make it hard to fit on a regular wall (unless you use really fine evenweave, as you said). And it looks like you'd have to stitch almost every pixel. The Zelda map has a lot of white in it that I'm going to leave unstitched, that saves me some work.

And the result will be as long as that amount of fabric? Yikes! I do not envy you Tongue. But I'm sure it'll look amazing.

I've cut up the fabric into three pieces that I'm going to stitch together to get the right shape, but I am going to use all of the fabric in that picture. All 6 x 0,7 metres of it! Cheesy

Oh my gosh, that is so awesome! I can't wait to see it! I <3 every Zelda, but Link's Awakening is one of my faves. I wish they would re-do it and bring it to wii or ds, that would be amazing.

Yeah, Link's Awakening was one of my first favorite games back in the 90's so this is just filled with nostalgia for me. Smiley I used to bring my Game Boy absolutely everywhere so I'd be able to finish the game.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom.
Phooka

Rawr kitty rawr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2011 07:20:49 PM »

After creating the pattern in February, I was FINALLY able to order thread and fabric for my next big project today! I cannot wait to get started.

It's Chansons D'Aieules, my favorite piece of artwork by Alphonse Mucha. I'm so excited to start her Smiley
Final piece will be 10 inches wide by 14.5 inches tall (180 x 260 stitches,) on 18 count bone/bisque aida. I expect to take a while!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

#1 Rule of Crafting: Never bleed on the project.
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2011 07:24:51 PM »

She is going to be beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2011 01:40:48 AM »

<3 Mucha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
Lera-star
what you really wanna know about Lera yupyup

if all craft is art, dose that make all art craft?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2011 12:16:48 AM »

dose anyone know of a free pattern making program? web based would be best as if i don't have this i can't start my project. and trustt me for a graphic designer i have no clue how to do that in photoshop
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissy-poo
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2011 02:38:34 AM »

dose anyone know of a free pattern making program? web based would be best as if i don't have this i can't start my project. and trustt me for a graphic designer i have no clue how to do that in photoshop

I use KG chart to make patterns. It's not web based, but it is free Smiley Here's the link:
http://www.iktsoft.net/kgchart-en/kgchart/download

Very simple and you can specify the max number of colors. Only problem is you have to resize when you import because you can't resize it afterwards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lera-star
what you really wanna know about Lera yupyup

if all craft is art, dose that make all art craft?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2011 10:56:07 AM »

I use KG chart to make patterns. It's not web based, but it is free Smiley Here's the link:
http://www.iktsoft.net/kgchart-en/kgchart/download

Very simple and you can specify the max number of colors. Only problem is you have to resize when you import because you can't resize it afterwards.

thank you but i have a mac so i don't think i can actully use this program at the moment Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2011 05:08:17 AM »

Well I finally took a photo of the baby dragon sampler. I don't think the camera really picked up the difference between the black and browns. I can notice them looking at it in the right daytime light. I have finished one page now and LOTS to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2011 06:45:07 AM »

Good job! And thumbs up for you for working with the same colour pattern. It would drive me insane!

I finished another page last night. I don't have any pictures (yet) but I have only two more pages to go! I'm so excited, although those last pages are literally filled with stitches, but hey, progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2011 02:26:34 PM »

Its not too bad because its chunky colour areas right now. Dragon will take  a lot longer!! 
I just wished I made the drawing a tiny bit lighter before I imported it. (I did in this pattern--just not enough)
It picked rather dark dmc colours for the pattern. I think I will have to do some special lighting when I get it framed. I won't know until its finished. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Triple Braid
How To Make Your Hair Shine for a Big Night Out
How to Highlight Your Own Hair
How to Keep Your Hair Healthy
How to Keep Your Hair Looking Good Between Washes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...