A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project stitch-along 2011  (Read 32414 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anyxannie
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2011 10:41:32 AM »

Well I think it's been a year since I last updated on the 2010 thread. To be honest, I haven't worked on it much, but I have made progress  Smiley

Still a preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'loooooooooooooongggg') way to go! I'm about 1/6 done. My goal is to be done by the time I'm like 30 or something (currently 20 yrs old lolz). I'm very lazy Undecided

Here's my last update if you're curious
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334824.msg3993781#msg3993781
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011 10:43:39 AM by anyxannie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
krissy-poo
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2011 09:00:23 AM »

A lady I work with asked me to do this cross stitch for her, she bought the kit and was unable to tackle it. I only just got around to starting it the last couple weeks and I am having trouble staying motivated. Not really my style, just boring roses. Maybe that's why I am having such a hard time working on it! That and I work 2 jobs, and get severe lazy-itis when I get home...anyway here's a progress pic, sorry for the crap webcam pic, I recently moved and have not yet located my camera:

c/c welcome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2011 12:36:39 AM »

Looking good though, boring or not Cheesy Actually, I know this is a bit OT, but I'm fascinated by how your webcam manipulates the image from super pixely to looking like watercolors Cheesy How far do you have to go?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Cross stitch ninja
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2011 01:00:10 AM »

I've started working on a map of Koholint Island from the Game Boy version of Zelda - Link's Awakening. That is, this one: http://www.bliterations.com/wp-content/images/LegendOfZelda-Link%27sAwakening-Koholint.png

This is how much I've finished this far. Needless to say, it's going to take a while...

When finished it's going to be 197 x 158 cm! I was a little overwhelmed when the fabric arrived in the mail:

(The notepad is there for scale, it's an A4 pad, ~21 x 29 cm)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom.
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2011 01:55:24 AM »

That is awesomely insane Cheesy I spent a little time wanting to do this Keen map but gave up when I realized it'd be 1.5 meters tall... and you're way worse! Cheesy Can't wait to see your further progress though.

--edit--
Actually, I take my size calculation back, that would apparently require 44ct evenweave Roll Eyes But I still want it to be do-able! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011 02:03:40 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Lilibet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2011 02:08:08 AM »

And the result will be as long as that amount of fabric? Yikes! I do not envy you Tongue. But I'm sure it'll look amazing.

@Krissy-poo, I admire your courage. I don't think I could ever stitch something for someone else. I don't have enough time for my work, as it is. On the other hand... I simply don't get it, when people say they cannot cross-stitch. I always feel like such a fraud when I show my work because it's nothing more than following a pattern, using the right colours, and stitching. No?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
krissy-poo
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2011 03:34:14 AM »

Looking good though, boring or not Cheesy Actually, I know this is a bit OT, but I'm fascinated by how your webcam manipulates the image from super pixely to looking like watercolors Cheesy How far do you have to go?

It's a crappy webcam built into my laptop Tongue

@Krissy-poo, I admire your courage. I don't think I could ever stitch something for someone else. I don't have enough time for my work, as it is. On the other hand... I simply don't get it, when people say they cannot cross-stitch. I always feel like such a fraud when I show my work because it's nothing more than following a pattern, using the right colours, and stitching. No?

I agree! I've stitched gifts using my own patterns, but never a commissioned piece. Time consuming, but not difficult. The pattern is a little irritating because the colors are kind of all over the place, but no fancy stitches or anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2011 03:49:08 AM »

It's a crappy webcam built into my laptop Tongue

Well those are fun.. Wink Forgive me if I seem blunt, because, well, I'm like that plus I'm home sick, but I feel like maybe I should clarify my question in case it was misunderstood: How much of the finished piece is represented by the work you have shown us, i.e. is that like a tenth of the work and you'll be pulling your hair before you've finished?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissy-poo
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2011 04:09:53 AM »

Well those are fun.. Wink Forgive me if I seem blunt, because, well, I'm like that plus I'm home sick, but I feel like maybe I should clarify my question in case it was misunderstood: How much of the finished piece is represented by the work you have shown us, i.e. is that like a tenth of the work and you'll be pulling your hair before you've finished?

That pink rose is the biggest part. There are a couple of rose buds and some stems and leaves, then a little filling in the background in half stitch. I'd say I'm about 1/5 done. Not a huge project but it's been the bane of my existence for a week or 2 now. After this one I have a big project I want to start for myself Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2011 01:58:56 PM »

I've started working on a map of Koholint Island from the Game Boy version of Zelda - Link's Awakening. That is, this one: http://www.bliterations.com/wp-content/images/LegendOfZelda-Link%27sAwakening-Koholint.png

This is how much I've finished this far. Needless to say, it's going to take a while...
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/112218_28Apr11_DSCF5367.JPG

When finished it's going to be 197 x 158 cm! I was a little overwhelmed when the fabric arrived in the mail:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/112218_28Apr11_DSCF5255.JPG
(The notepad is there for scale, it's an A4 pad, ~21 x 29 cm)

Oh my gosh, that is so awesome! I can't wait to see it! I <3 every Zelda, but Link's Awakening is one of my faves. I wish they would re-do it and bring it to wii or ds, that would be amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Low Ponytail from NY Fashion Week
How to Create a Bohemian Hairstyle from NY Fashion Week
Hair Tips: Using Old Socks As Rollers
Makeover: From a Simple Ponytail to Glamorous Waves
How to Make a Chignon
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...