A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project stitch-along 2011  (Read 33124 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starwarspunk
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2011 04:26:59 PM »

Hey everyone, last week I finished the dragon!!!  I posted a thread over in the Completed Needlework section so please go check it out.

Here is the completed head as a teaser:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DreamChild556

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2011 09:15:02 PM »

First page done!! (plus, like, five more stitches). The bottom-right corner took me forever!

Only 12 more whole pages to go!
The colors don't show really well in here, but there's tons of different shades of blue. Out of the 31 total colors I'm using, it seems like 30 of them are different shade of blue. Yeesh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1,2 Freddy's coming for you.
3,4 better lock your door.
5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
Phooka

Rawr kitty rawr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2011 08:14:47 PM »

Already posted her in the completed projects board, but here's HQ, all done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

#1 Rule of Crafting: Never bleed on the project.
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2011 11:10:31 PM »

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Lilibet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2011 02:03:27 AM »

Awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
IamAMonster
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2011 11:00:55 AM »

Harley looks amazing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting Newbie Smiley
Aurone
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2011 02:02:56 PM »

Thats coming along really nicely.  I bet it is lovely when it is done!  Too bad you don't like dragons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aurone
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2011 02:08:06 PM »

Wow, I love what's been presented up to now, it looks amazing.
And you are all so quick. I finally bought a kit I had my eyes on for months, but I guess I'm a little insane for this is my first try at crossstich ever and this motif has 10.5 stitches per cm and around 470x520 stitches in total. So far I have been working at it for about 5-6 hours and it's a little bit frustrating because I covered so little space. I mean I knew that it would take some time, but this much...
Well, anyway here's how it will hopefully look like:

Thats a beautiful Pattern.  Good luck with it.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aurone
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2011 02:11:00 PM »

Alright, I've never done a stitch-along before, so I hope I'm not too late to get in on this one. I wanted to have some progress to show before I posted. I've definitely been inspired by what I've seen here so far. So, the back story...
   The hubby used to be really in to WoW, and he was looking up some fan art one day, and he came across this...
I loved this piece of art from the first time I saw it. The artist's name is Sara Forlenza, and she does some AMAZING stuff. She's got tons of stuff up on her website, http://www.saraforlenza.com. Go check it out if you've got some free time.
I emailed her, asking for permission to use this work for a cross stitch piece, but judging by her Facebook and webiste updates, she only gets online once every three months, so she hasn't responded yet. But I read some responses to other people that have recreated her art in other forms and sent her pictures of what they did, and she seemed really excited that people liked her art that much. So, I'm going to finish this (hopefully), and send her pictures, and hopefully she'll think it's cool.
   I made the pattern, and it's a total of fifteen pages, 31 colors, and I believe the finished size is 311 stitches x 233 stitches.

It's not a whole page, but I wanted to get started in this thread. I'll update when I finish this page. I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the finished product.

What a cool picture.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.  Keep us updated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aurone
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2011 02:15:28 PM »

Hi All,

I am new to Craftster and have never participated in a stitch along or done a large project.  So I am excited to participate in the stitch along with all the great projects that I have seen on this thread.  As soon as the site will let me I will post a pic of what I will be doing.  I am going to try and complete Maggie the Mess Maker which is a black and white kitty that has made a mess of a sewing room.  The kitty looks just like my Freddie.  This is also the first piece I am doing for myself.  I usually do small pieces that I give away to family and friends. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Beautifully Wrap a Bottle of Wine
How to Create a Fall Wreath in Under 30 Minutes
How to Make Homemade Bows
Pat Mitchell: Policy Comes from the Top
Pat Mitchell: The Audacity to Take Risk
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...