A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,910
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project stitch-along 2011  (Read 35500 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leannerd
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2011 10:19:54 PM »

Lilibet- Nope, it's all being done on white fabric. I have a feeling my eyes would pop out of my skull trying to do it on black...though the colors would pop very nicely. I'm probably just going to mat it with black and put it in a red frame to hang.

StitchFIGHT- I know! There are 81 colors total, but I have a massive stash thanks to my mom and grandma, so I will only need to buy like, three or four colors, thank goodness. I'll love to see it finished, too. I just can't wait to start stitching characters or letters or something with an actual shape!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have."

-Theodore Roosevelt
Lilibet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011 04:26:26 AM »

Leannerd, I like! Good luck though, I have a feeling you might need it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
oceansoul

*Can I Play With Madness*

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011 10:09:41 AM »

Wowzer, that Mario one looks mental and totally amazing at the same time Cheesy  Will be one wicked piece!  Good luck Cheesy

I'm almost half way through my Opeth logo project:

Yay for Opeth!  Here's what it should look like: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2fr2badYqi0/SoSERmYgYFI/AAAAAAAAAIw/YjhZzIdCrFQ/s400/opeth_logo_by_ethuil88.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stuck in a 16th century time warp...

Blog - http://embroideryemporium.blogspot.com/
sweetdeeds

What is your spaghetti policy here?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2011 10:34:10 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

My advice--
Get highlighters-- and use them to mark your stitches!!
I would also stitch page by page. It will feel like finishing a smaller project.

Just take your time and enjoy stitching you project!!

Very much this. I used varying coloured pencils, so I can tell which area is what colour. But I also work a page colour by colour, so your mileage may vary.

Highlighters and coloured pencils are both great ideas!  It would definitely be very satisfying to mark something off as it's done.  There are 3 cards of colors in this thing... but luckily they are all sectioned off by color through little holes that are labeled.  I don't know if this is normal for a project since this is my first one, but it's nice not to have to worry about separating the colors out.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/246692_22Jan11_Peter_Pan_2.jpg

I'm terrified I will run out of floss, but I try to be as economical as possible!  Undecided

Page by page is definitely the way to go as well. Right now I'm working on the upper right page.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/246692_22Jan11_Peter_Pan_1.jpg

I tried to take a better picture of the finished project from the package, but it didn't turn out.  It is a bit more impressionistic like Lilibet said, which I love!  It's almost like a pastel illustration and pretty realistic given the subject matter lol

My pics are awful!  Please pardon my poor lighting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amybeth5251
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2011 06:41:30 PM »

My favorite are Crayola Twistable Color Pencils - I can't use highlighters, I always end up leaving the caps off.  I love color pencils, but get annoyed at having to sharpen them.  The twistable ones come 24 for $5 and give plenty of color options.  I love mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011 02:09:46 AM »

Yup, use colour pencils! I once used a simple every day pencil to colour in what I had stitched. And put it next to the white fabric when I was done. Needless to see, my fabric wasn't white anymore, neither was my yarn...

@Sweetdeeds, is there no way you can buy extra floss, once you run out? I do understand your problem, as my Cut Thru package has some unknown kind of floss too, and I'm scared that I'll never find a matching DMC equivalent.

Oceansoul, that is sooo pretty! Simple and yet so beautiful. I'm a fan! *and I'd love to stitch the Nightwish logo like that one day*
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011 02:12:45 AM by Lilibet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
new_bee
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011 09:17:50 AM »

Wow, I love what's been presented up to now, it looks amazing.
And you are all so quick. I finally bought a kit I had my eyes on for months, but I guess I'm a little insane for this is my first try at crossstich ever and this motif has 10.5 stitches per cm and around 470x520 stitches in total. So far I have been working at it for about 5-6 hours and it's a little bit frustrating because I covered so little space. I mean I knew that it would take some time, but this much...
Well, anyway here's how it will hopefully look like:

And this it what I managed so far (cent for size referance):
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
- Terry Pratchett -
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011 09:47:25 AM »

It'll be gorgeous once you've finished though! Cheesy Keep up the good work, I'm expecting continuos progress photos to distract me from the fact that I haven't been working on mine Wink
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011 09:48:28 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011 11:02:34 AM »

New_bee, I'd love to see a close up of your work. For my untrained eyes, it seems that you are working too small. Are you making crosses over one thread or two? Because it seems really really small, even for such a detailed packet...

Hope I'm not offending anyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011 11:09:36 AM »

New_bee, I'd love to see a close up of your work. For my untrained eyes, it seems that you are working too small. Are you making crosses over one thread or two? Because it seems really really small, even for such a detailed packet...

Hope I'm not offending anyone!

I agree now that I look at it closer, I'd just assumed it was a fuzzy pic of aida (don't know how large a cent is)
Then again, in some cases you DO work over single threads, I've got at least two kits on linen that are like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blake Lively Inspired Hair Tutorial
Learn How to Add Texture to Your Hair
Get a Modern Take on Veronica Lake Waves
Behind The Scenes of The Project Runway Transformations
How to Cut and Style Bangs
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...