A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project stitch-along 2011  (Read 35399 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2011 06:45:30 AM »

My son would totally love those wolves hanging on his wall! Smiley

------
Some good news-- I sent my dragon off to be framed a week ago. Its done!!!! He isn't open today or tomorrow Sad It will be hanging (I hope) on my wall Tuesday afternoon!! Smiley

Edit-- its home now!!!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011 08:58:13 AM by HistoricalNeedle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2011 05:03:02 AM »

Wow, looks great!

I'm going to end up carrying my project over to 2012 as I just don't seem to be finding the time to work on it as much as I thought.  I'm about 1/2 way through page 2 and I will finish the entire thing next year  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2011 10:11:09 AM »

Well I couldn't wait until the new year to start a new project!! Just terrible..LOL!! I think I'm not happy now unless I'm working on a really big project. I have finished the first page. I don't think I will get much completed in the next week since its christmas...but known to go crazy!! Tongue

Here is the first photo. I have decided to use the parking method for the background. I'm not sure if I will do the image yet--I don't feel brave enough to try to do that yet.

How are other doing on their projects?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #223 on: December 18, 2011 01:35:22 AM »

My project? I guess I'll be taking it to next year, like the 6th time in a row... *sigh* I made very good progress the last couple of months, but then I had to finish a blanket for a friend, and two other friends decided to get pregnant as well. I discovered that I can only do one project at the time (as I have a full time job and can only work in the evening), so it's either crochet or embroidering. Crochet is was, for the last two months. And currently I'm working on a surprise gif for my partner on another forum. I was going to cross stitch the Slythertin crest, but I made a huge mistake... Trying to undo it proved useless, and I even messed up my fabric *cries* I'm still doing something needlework related, but it set me back with my cross stitch project.

I hope 2012 will be a fruitfull year, because I want to finish my Fairy Hill and start stitching some witches!

Btw, I'm so curious about what you're making!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
oceansoul

*Can I Play With Madness*

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2011 07:45:26 AM »

Just been commissioned to start another set of blackwork cuffs and partlet for a Catherine of Aragon outfit. Cuffs need to be 30cm long, this is what I've got so far after 2 days of stitching -

Loving this pomegranate pattern.  These need to be finished and sent off by Jan 24th so don't think I'm getting much of a stitching break over christmas this year lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stuck in a 16th century time warp...

Blog - http://embroideryemporium.blogspot.com/
Cross stitch ninja
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2011 02:11:04 PM »

Some progress on my Zelda map (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=368565.msg4483858#msg4483858):

A larger image can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cross_stitch_ninja/6545743205/sizes/l/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom.
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #226 on: December 21, 2011 12:06:29 AM »

I can only express my awe by swearing, but that wouldn't be so nice on this forum, so imagine me open-mouthed. Wow!! How big will it eventually be?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
Cross stitch ninja
« Reply #227 on: December 21, 2011 12:45:55 AM »

It's would be 197 x 158 cm. But after posting this picture it dawned on me just how long this is going to take: I've been working on it since April and haven't even finished one twelfth of the whole piece! At this rate it's going to take several years. I did a huge underestimation of the amount of work it would take (about half of what it looks like it's going to take now) and am starting to doubt I want to put THAT much time in it...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011 05:09:30 AM by Cross stitch ninja » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #228 on: December 21, 2011 05:44:10 AM »

Cross stitch ninja--you are braver then me!! I could never do a cross stitch that big. I think you need a stand!! I wonder if parking stitches would be good for this pattern. It doesn't seem it is alot of shades.

Some people on net that stitch some pretty big cross stitches make me giggle sometimes! They start on something that might be say 300x300 stitches with 100 colours in September and they want it completed by Christmas. I don't think it is possible for me.

If my math is right-------I have a bad headache right now.

300 x 300 stitches - 90000
200 stitches per hour - ( I can stitch 100 stitches in a 1/2 hour of one colour-if I can keep that pace for each square)
If you stitch 8 hours per day -- 56.25 days.

This doesn't add the time for recounting your stitches--colour changes--threading the needle -- marking off your stitches--or times where you can loose your needle on a floor or between the couch cushions. This might be possible to estimate too but really hard to wrap my brain around.

So in theory it could be possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cross stitch ninja
« Reply #229 on: December 21, 2011 06:33:47 AM »

I knew it would take time (i e years, not months), I've been cross stitching a lot, so I know it's a slow craft. I just didn't realise how many years it's likely to take. I guess I was just too optimistic about how much time it would save to not stitch the white parts and do petit point instead of cross stitch. But I agree that a stand would probably be good, if nothing else so for the sake of my back and neck. :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Hot Cocoa Popcorn Balls
Learn How to Make Holiday Snow Ball Cookies
Three 90-Second Quick Cakes Recipes
Christmas Tree Meringues
The Trick to Making Caramel
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...